Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
When will fans say enough is enough?

Quote:Yeah but that's because they play so many games. I bet a season ticket wouldn't be cheaper because otherwise the players wouldn't make so much money.

Luckily in Australia the top sports stars in rugby and Aussie rules don't make mega bucks. I could easily afford season tickets for every sports team in Brisbane if I wanted.

My Australian rules season ticket costs 200 for 11 games and the wages are much higher here so its very cheap.

True, but it still doesn't change that fact.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2014, 07:55 AM by jtmoney.)

Quote:What "ultra greedy run"? The issues specific to a New York/New Jersey Super Bowl? We aren't affected by that. I think anyone attending a Super Bowl can deal with it.

And as a Jaguar fan how are we being gouged? We have the most "reasonable" prices perhaps in the entire NFL. I understand how some can't afford it (especially a family like Eric's) and I know some don't care about the "I've got to be there" aspect and love it on TV, but other than that - how are the NFL owners (it's not Goodell you know) not simply charging what the market can bare?
I wasn't talking in any specifics about different markets and what they are charging. And definitely not referring to the Jaguars. They make the game as affordable as possible. I'm speaking in reference to Goodell and him seemingly always focused on profits. Europe is a great example of this. Going to 18 games is another. He claims he is concerned about player health yet wants to extend the season which would be very bad for player health. He contradicts himself there. And as D6 pointed out about adding more teams to the playoffs which waters down the regular season all in the name of profits. They also, despite player objections, play Thursday night football even though the risk for injury is increased because of short amount of days being off all in the name of money (and mostly terrible football that is played because of the short rest). I'm sure there are more examples. The Super Bowl thing for me just kind of made me start thinking about all these things.

I have my season tickets and I will keep them and support the Jags. This isn't what this thread is about. I'm not whining and this isn't meant to be a whine thread, simply a discussion on when enough is enough (or is there a threshold for you as an NFL fan).

Quote:Are you talking major league baseball?

Lol, yes.