Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Knowshon Moreno?

Quote:Well they want him gone now since he won't be re-signed.

That is not true. They have to let him go for salary cap reasons. Did you read the article?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Unless we're sold on Todman as the starter, it's a good idea. I like Todman personally but I'd like us to also have a vet who can produce and isn't old.

Quote:Unless we're sold on Todman as the starter, it's a good idea. I like Todman personally but I'd like us to also have a vet who can produce and isn't old.

Agree about signing a vet. But I would prefer one without a history of injuries.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Yeah no thanks to Moreno. Any RB is going to look good with Peyton.
Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Hasn't Moreno been hurt a lot?  Before the season started I think they wanted Hillman to start.  They also didn't draft Ball due to confidence in Moreno.

Huh

Quote:That's not true at all. If you really believe that, you never saw him play before Peyton Manning moved to Denver. What he benefits heavily from is a great offensive line.

The truth is he fits well in a running back committee, but can also work full-time if needed. It would be fun to see him alternate carries with Tre Mason.

JaguarsWoman, I know more about the Broncos than you ever will.

He's not a good player. He benefits from LBs and pass rushing DEs being incredibly weary of Peyton Manning to the point of petrifaction.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Moreno was either in the doghouse or on IR before Manning. All of a sudden he is a beast? Don't fall into the trap. Denver certainly isn't. Glad JW isn't our GM
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

I'd love him on this team. I watch a lot of Denver games because my buddy is a fan and I like what I see when he gets the ball in his hands.

Quote:Moreno was either in the doghouse or on IR before Manning. All of a sudden he is a beast? Don't fall into the trap. Denver certainly isn't. Glad JW isn't our GM

Show me articles to prove it or you are wrong.

Nobody who is hating on Moreno so far has proven he sucks and is just benefiting from Manning. If you want to make claims like that, you better have the links to back it up.

Also, is there any running back you would rather have, or do you think we should just ignore the position and start Todman?

Prior to this season, Moreno only played in all 16 games in a season once, 2009 which was his rookie year. in 2010, '11, and '12 he never played in more than 13 games, and for the past two seasons he was in half of the games. He never produced more than 950 yards in any season, even when he started 13 games. He went a whole season without registering a Rushing TD, and only produced 16 Rushing TD's in his first four seasons.

Once Manning arrives, coincident with Moreno being available for every game, he rushes for 1,000+ yards, has a double digit Rushing TD season, and has his second-highest Yards Per Attempt average.

That seems like it's more than just coincidence that Moreno's production jumps once Manning shows up.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Prior to this season, Moreno only played in all 16 games in a season once, 2009 which was his rookie year. in 2010, '11, and '12 he never played in more than 13 games, and for the past two seasons he was in half of the games. He never produced more than 950 yards in any season, even when he started 13 games. He went a whole season without registering a rushing TD, and only produced 16 rushing TD's in his first four seasons.

Once Manning arrives, coincident with Moreno being available for every game, he rushes for 1,000+ yards, has a double digit rushing TD season, and has his second-highest Yards Per Attempt average.

That seems like it's more than just coincidence that Moreno's production jumps once Manning shows up.

Statistics are misleading. He always split carries with another running back, even when he was the starter. In 2013, Montee Ball had a fumbling problem, so for a while he did not play much. That meant more playing time for Knowshon Moreno. So Peyton Manning is not the only reason he ran a lot more in 2013.

Despite all of the facts you listed, nowhere in the article did I read the Broncos are letting him walk for performance reasons. It clearly explains Moreno will leave only due to the salary cap problem, meaning the Broncos would keep him if they could. He must be good for something if that is how they feel about him.

Quote:Statistics are misleading. He always split carries with another running back, even when he was the starter. In 2013, Montee Ball had a fumbling problem, so for a while he did not play much. That meant more playing time for Knowshon Moreno. So Peyton Manning is not the only reason he ran a lot more in 2013.

Despite all of the facts you listed, nowhere in the article did I read the Broncos are letting him walk for performance reasons. It clearly explains Moreno will leave only due to the salary cap problem, meaning the Broncos would keep him if they could. He must be good for something if that is how they feel about him.
You are wrong. He is bad, I know this because I watch him play and he is just not that good. 

Quote:You are wrong. He is bad, I know this because I watch him play and he is just not that good. 

All I am saying is nothing in the article indicates performance has anything to do with the fact that he probably will not be a Bronco next month.

Why is this so hard to understand?

Quote:NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport said Wednesday on NFL Network's "Super Bowl Live" that the Broncos don't expect to be able to re-sign the running back for 2014, per a source familiar with the team's thinking.

The Broncos are projected to be slightly under the estimated $126 million cap for 2014, and Moreno could be one of the casualties.

You can see here it is all about the money.

MJD on one foot this past yr is better then Moreno.

Quote:MJD on one foot this past year is better then Moreno.

Nonsense. MJD had his worst season while Moreno had his best season in 2013.

Quote:Nonsense. MJD had his worst season while Moreno had his best season in 2013.
What did he do his past yrs in the NFL? Wasent he playing for the #1 passing O in the NFL lead by Peyton Manning? Moreno cant touch MJD even on one foot.

Quote:What did he do his past yrs in the NFL? Wasent he playing for the #1 passing O in the NFL lead by Peyton Manning? Moreno cant touch MJD even on one foot.

Why are people hating on him? I don't remember anyone saying Edgerrin James, Joseph Addai, or Donald Brown sucked because they benefited from having Peyton Manning.

Quote:Why are people hating on him? I don't remember anyone saying Edgerrin James, Joseph Addai, or Donald Brown sucked because they benefited from having Peyton Manning.

There's a lil something called consistency.
"Get Better Everyday"