Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Knowshon Moreno?

Quote:There's a lil something called consistency.

Montee Ball was the inconsistent one for about half the season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Montee Ball was the inconsistent one for about half the season.

I'm talking about his career
"Get Better Everyday"

Quote:MJD on one foot this past yr is better then Moreno.
This is some good old fashioned homerism right here.

Quote:This is some good old fashioned homerism right here.
No. Just saying if we're gonna sign a veteran RB I rather have MJD. Even the one foot MJD from this past season.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2014, 09:55 PM by JagsFan1.)

Quote:Why are people hating on him? I don't remember anyone saying Edgerrin James, Joseph Addai, or Donald Brown sucked because they benefited from having Peyton Manning.
Not dissing him just facts. What did addai & James do after Peyton wasent there QB? Addai was out the nfl and edge never came close to what he was with the colts. I always thought James was overrated. I give you don brown tho. I like him.

Quote:Not dissing him just facts. What did Addai & James do after Peyton wasn't their QB? Addai was out the NFL and Edge never came close to what he was with the Colts. I always thought James was overrated. I give you Don Brown though. I like him.

My point is when they did play with Peyton Manning, nobody said, "He sucks and is just benefiting from Manning." In 2011, the whole offense sucked without Manning, including Reggie Wayne.

Quote:Why are people hating on him? I don't remember anyone saying Edgerrin James, Joseph Addai, or Donald Brown sucked because they benefited from having Peyton Manning.
Edgerrin James had two 1,000 yard seasons in Arizona after he left Indy, and no one has ever said Addai or Brown were good players either, like you're saying Moreno is.

Moreno has one 1,000 yard season, is averaging 4.1 YPC on only 845 career carries (Which is horrific, by the way), and has never finished an entire season.

I know you like the Broncos but you're fighting a losing battle trying to pitch him to anyone on this board that knows what the hell they're looking for in a running back.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

I'll pass....Manning has that effect on average backs, he has been underwhelming thus far.

Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless
;

;

Also, if you are going to spend money in FA for a back, spend it on Ben Tate.

Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless
;

;

Quote:Edgerrin James had two 1,000 yard seasons in Arizona after he left Indy, and no one has ever said Addai or Brown were good players either, like you're saying Moreno is.

Moreno has one 1,000 yard season, is averaging 4.1 YPC on only 845 career carries (Which is horrific, by the way), and has never finished an entire season.

I know you like the Broncos but you're fighting a losing battle trying to pitch him to anyone on this board that knows what the hell they're looking for in a running back.

My point is nobody said they are bad players benefiting from Manning when they played with him like people are saying now about Moreno. Not saying they were all good players. Don't you understand when I say something, there is no hidden message and must be interpreted literally? If I did that, I would be able to read hidden messages.  I never said Peyton Manning played with good running backs at Indianapolis. I was only saying because nobody said those running backs are just benefiting from him, no one should say that about Moreno. Are people on this board illiterate?

Quote:I'll pass....Manning has that effect on average backs, he has been underwhelming thus far.

What if the Vikings drafted Peyton Manning? Then he would have been the only quarterback Adrian Peterson ever played with. Would you say Peterson was just a beneficiary of Manning?

That is what I am getting at. People are acting like just because a running back plays with Manning he sucks. Using your logic, you would have said Peterson sucks too.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2014, 03:36 PM by Deacon.)

Quote:What if the Vikings drafted Peyton Manning? Then he would have been the only quarterback Adrian Peterson ever played with. Would you say Peterson was just a beneficiary of Manning?

That is what I am getting at. People are acting like just because a running back plays with Manning he sucks. Using your logic, you would have said Peterson sucks too.

No, you're using a severe hyperbole to skew the point. People think that Moreno is not as good as Edgerrin James or even Adrian Peterson. They are saying that because when he was without Manning, he was not producing at a high level, and he was often injured. Also, he was benched I believe at some point in his career for lack of production. It's not that he sucks, it's that I -we- believe this increased performance that he has seen this year is due to the fact of a rare, once-in-a-lifetime talent playing Quarterback for the team that he plays for.

Adrian Peterson produced a 2,000 yard career without Manning; The best Moreno has done wasn't even 1,000 yards without Manning.

Also, don't you dare insinuate that I am illiterate. I can read very well, and I worked very hard to develop that ability.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Sounds like he's going to hit the FA Market, I'd be all for picking him up. 
Moreno was a colossal bust before Peyton arrived in Denver, the only reason he's had success this year is because of Manning and the soft defensive fronts he's running against, Manning also made guys like Joseph Adai and Dominic Rhodes look competent as well, no thanks, some team will overpay for his services though

Quote:No, you're using a severe hyperbole to skew the point. People think that Moreno is not as good as Edgerrin James or even Adrian Peterson. They are saying that because when he was without Manning, he was not producing at a high level, and he was often injured. Also, he was benched I believe at some point in his career for lack of production. It's not that he sucks, it's that I -we- believe this increased performance that he has seen this year is due to the fact of a rare, once-in-a-lifetime talent playing Quarterback for the team that he plays for.

Adrian Peterson produced a 2,000 yard career without Manning; The best Moreno has done wasn't even 1,000 yards without Manning.

Also, don't you dare insinuate that I am illiterate. I can read very well, and I worked very hard to develop that ability.

Actually Moreno was not really benched, just made the #2 guy in their running back committee. They benched Ball, then Hillman, in 2013. They never benched Moreno. I know earlier in his career he was not the starter, but he did play a lot even when he was a backup on the depth chart. My question is this: If Moreno is just benefiting from Manning how did the coaches decide he is better than Ball and Hillman and give him most of the carries? He must be better than those two guys to get more than 50% of the carries in every game this season. He must be the best of Denver's three running backs to run a lot more than Ball and Hillman did. He may not be very good, but the claim he is just a beneficiary of Manning makes no sense because he was never in danger of losing the starting job even after Ball fixed his fumbling problem.

I know you can read. It is just very frustrating when people misinterpret my statements so badly their responses imply they don't. I wish everybody would read the way I do and respond accordingly so I can see they understand what I am saying.