Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Big Game May Not Be Such A Hot Ticket, 18,000 Super Bowl Seats Still Available

Quote:You'd be going to see the game, not the city right?

For the amount of money and time required, just going to the game without seeing anything else would be a waste. Why spend hundreds of dollars on plane tickets, a rental car, and a hotel room and hours in airports, on planes, and at restaurants just to spend half a day at a football stadium? No way, not doing it. The only city I would go to for just the game is Jacksonville.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:For the amount of money and time required, just going to the game without seeing anything else would be a waste. Why spend hundreds of dollars on plane tickets, a rental car, and a hotel room and hours in airports, on planes, and at restaurants just to spend half a day at a football stadium? No way, not doing it. The only city I would go to for just the game is Jacksonville.

And THAT is why you're a fan of 3 NFL teams, 2 NCAA teams, 6 MLB teams, 2 NHL teams, etc.

Huh

Quote:And THAT is why you're a fan of 3 NFL teams, 2 NCAA teams, 6 MLB teams, 2 NHL teams, etc.

I am not a fan of any MLB or NHL teams.

The reason I like two NCAA teams is family connections.

Quote:I am not a fan of any MLB or NHL teams.

The reason I like two NCAA teams is family connections.
Nascar? F1?

Quote:Nascar? F1?

Nope. I only care about football.

Superbowl to LA? :devil:

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Superbowl to LA? :devil:

London..duh!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

$1450 for one nose bleeder seat

$3000 + for a mezzanine level seat in the corner

$1800+ for a mid tier end zone seat. 

Looks like they have dropped a few of the prices to sell some seats - but it's still ludicrous. 

Quote:London..duh!!!
Doggonit! What was I thinking!

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Which NFL city wouldnt you want to visit?  They are all major cities and have some good stuff to offer.
You've apparently never been to East Rutherford before   Laughing

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:You've apparently never been to East Rutherford before.

Or Landover, Maryland; Arlington, Texas; Glendale, Arizona; Santa Clara, California; and Green Bay, Wisconsin. People love to forget not all NFL teams play in the cities they are named after.

There is one city I would want to fly to for the Super Bowl if the Jaguars, Packers, or Broncos are in it: San Diego. Otherwise, it would have to be in Jacksonville or Tampa.

I'd rather spend the $1500 on a new tv (if I needed one). 

Quote:Or Landover, Maryland; Arlington, Texas; Glendale, Arizona; Santa Clara, California; and Green Bay, Wisconsin. People love to forget not all NFL teams play in the cities they are named after.

There is one city I would want to fly to for the Super Bowl if the Jaguars, Packers, or Broncos are in it: San Diego. Otherwise, it would have to be in Jacksonville or Tampa.
Don't forget Gillette Stadium (located in the middle of nowhere), which has a seating capacity 4 times the population of the town it's located in.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

I disagree. Getting to the Super Bowl could be a once in a lifetime thing for a team. I'll go watch them play in Antarctica if it was a Super Bowl with us in it!!

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:Don't forget Gillette Stadium (located in the middle of nowhere), which has a seating capacity 4 times the population of the town it's located in.

I will never understand why they moved to Foxboro of all places. You would think there was enough land closer to Boston, where they started.

Oh well, at least fans in Connecticut and Rhode Island don't have to drive very far.

Quote:I disagree. Getting to the Super Bowl could be a once in a lifetime thing for a team. I'll go watch them play in Antarctica if it was a Super Bowl with us in it!!

GO JAGS!!

You obviously don't realize what it is like to be so deep in debt you have to borrow $4500 from your unemployed daughter to cover a huge dental bill and take money out of your retirement savings to remodel your home. That was what my mom had to do. People in that financial predicament need to have a lot to do wherever they travel so traveling is worth the expense. Although I have a job now, it is part time minimum wage and I had little money when I started, so even if I help pay some travel expenses, it would have to be a real vacation to be worth a single cent in my bank account. That is why flying to watch a Super Bowl in the middle of nowhere is not an option for me. I think you would be able to understand if I use a draft analogy because it is about value for the dollar.

Quote:You obviously don't realize what it is like to be so deep in debt you have to borrow $4500 from your unemployed daughter to cover a huge dental bill and take money out of your retirement savings to remodel your home. That was what my mom had to do. People in that financial predicament need to have a lot to do wherever they travel so traveling is worth the expense. Although I have a job now, it is part time minimum wage and I had little money when I started, so even if I help pay some travel expenses, it would have to be a real vacation to be worth a single cent in my bank account. That is why flying to watch a Super Bowl in the middle of nowhere is not an option for me. I think you would be able to understand if I use a draft analogy because it is about value for the dollar.

Or if you're in financial trouble... don't go on vacations that cost thousands of dollars to watch a game.  Or for that matter remodel your home. 

Quote:Or if you're in financial trouble... don't go on vacations that cost thousands of dollars to watch a game.  Or for that matter remodel your home. 
Common sense, one of the rarest things on earth Sad

Quote:Or if you're in financial trouble... don't go on vacations that cost thousands of dollars to watch a game. Or for that matter remodel your home. 

We need to remodel our condo, so I have to give up the Super Bowl vacation. But if the Super Bowl is in Jacksonville or Tampa, we can go just for the game and halftime show.