Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Super Bowl halftime performances

I am going on record as stating this year has the potential to be the worst halftime performance in the history of the Super Bowl. Bruno Mars' music sounds like cats being thrown in a wood chipper. His agent must be Criss Angel or David Blaine, because the fact he got booked at all is a dark magic I will never comprehend.

That said, he hasn't performed yet. To date, what do you guys feel were the best and worst halftime shows?

For worst, I will tap the Black Eyed Peas for their "15 minutes are clearly up" performance a few years back. This barely edged out the New Kids on the Block in '91 and more recently the NSYNC barforama.

For best, I am torn. I thought Prince absolutely slayed in the rain, but I will give the edge (pun intended) to U2 who gave a very emotional tribute to the victims of 9/11.
Only a chump boos the home team!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I remember before Black Eyed Peas, most people on this board said the worst ever was The Who. I hated both groups too, but there is only one that stands out by far as the worst ever. I will never understand why anybody would say anything was worse than the wardrobe malfunction.

Quote:I am going on record as stating this year has the potential to be the worst halftime performance in the history of the Super Bowl. Bruno Mars' music sounds like cats being thrown in a wood chipper. His agent must be Criss Angel or David Blaine, because the fact he got booked at all is a dark magic I will never comprehend.

That said, he hasn't performed yet. To date, what do you guys feel were the best and worst halftime shows?

For worst, I will tap the Black Eyed Peas for their "15 minutes are clearly up" performance a few years back. This barely edged out the New Kids on the Block in '91 and more recently the NSYNC barforama.

For best, I am torn. I thought Prince absolutely slayed in the rain, but I will give the edge (pun intended) to U2 who gave a very emotional tribute to the victims of 9/11.

You mention cat and look who jumped in.. That's like doing this...

[Image: 1z4dg81.jpg]

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2014, 06:33 PM by JagsFan1.)

I'm not a huge fan of Bruno, but I rather see him then some artist or group who was hot 30 to 50 yrs ago who can't move and no longer have the pipes. They need to get established artist but ones that's still in there prime. Exp. Beyoncé, Brittany spears, jay-z (yes rappers are artist to), justin timberlake etc.....

Quote:I remember before Black Eyed Peas, most people on this board said the worst ever was The Who. I hated both groups too, but there is only one that stands out by far as the worst ever. I will never understand why anybody would say anything was worse than the wardrobe malfunction.

What was wrong with the wardrobe malfunction?  We all make mistakes.

I'm sure once you said that some on this board googled it again. lol

Quote:What was wrong with the wardrobe malfunction?  We all make mistakes.

I'm sure once you said that some on this board googled it again. lol

Because it was not a mistake. It was completely intentional and everyone knew it.

The halftime shows have royally sucked for some time now. I usually plan a beer run for halftime. Watching that nonsense is a complete waste of time.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I still have the 1/2 time show of Paul McCartney in Jax on a CD. I thought that was the best one

You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Quote:Because it was not a mistake. It was completely intentional and everyone knew it.

There is no proof to that.

Quote:The halftime shows have royally sucked for some time now. I usually plan a beer run for halftime. Watching that nonsense is a complete waste of time.

Agree, but looking at this years halftime show it definitely has a possibility of reaching an all time low.

Quote:There is no proof to that.

Yes there is. The last line was, "I will make you naked at the end of this song."

Quote:I still have the 1/2 time show of Paul McCartney in Jax on a CD. I thought that was the best one

I liked him too, but the best one by far was at Super Bowl 34. I wish I could remember who put it on.

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2014, 07:44 PM by pirkster.)

I'd probably have to say my favorite was MJ.  He looked like a statue when he started the set, I thought it was a fake for a moment.  The guy was a pro at performing.

I haven't cared for many of them since.  Maybe only 2, 3, or so that I've even enjoyed (Prince, McCartney, U2...)

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Nobody else liked Madonna?

Quote:Nobody else liked Madonna?
I did. Shes falls in the group that is established and still can preform.

I'm a rap fan, especially classic east coast rap, so I enjoyed Diddy's performance in 04 I think.

They really dropped the ball not having Will Smith in his prime perform. Clean, great music for its time.

Hell, I'd still try to get Will Smith to come on. Everybody likes Gettin Jiggy Wit It

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

The Chili Peppers are supposed to be in this show, right?  That alone gives it potential to be great.

Quote:The Chili Peppers are supposed to be in this show, right? That alone gives it potential to be great.
Yep, RHCP should be the headliner. Bruno Mars is terrible. My favorite halftime show in recent memory was Tom Petty.

Quote:Yep, RHCP should be the headliner. Bruno Mars is terrible. My favorite halftime show in recent memory was Tom Petty.
Agree with the bolded about 1000%.  Mars isn't terrible, but he's nothing compared to the Peppers.  I've actually been hoping for RHCP and Foo Fighters to each headline a halftime show.  Maybe we'll save the Foo Fighters for when the Jags win it all! :thumbsup:

I'm confused. Why do you guys keep mentioning Bruno Mars?