Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Super Bowl halftime performances

What's wrong with Bruno Mars? He has a good voice. Haven't heard a ton other than "I wanna be a millionaire" tho

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Who will sing the national anthem?

Quote:I'm not a huge fan of Bruno, but I rather see him then some artist or group who was hot 30 to 50 yrs ago who can't move and no longer have the pipes. They need to get established artist but ones that's still in there prime. Exp. Beyoncé, Brittany spears, jay-z (yes rappers are artist to), justin timberlake etc.....
So what I am hearing is you want Bieber. Him and Bruno are friends you know, or is it Drake? I can't keep these 'celebs' straight. Matter of fact I am not so sure how many of them keep themselves straight, why is Miley Cyrus trying to look like Bieber and vice versa? I know that cool hip society is intent on destory all differentiation between male and female, but that is just weird.

Oh the halftime show... Yeah I think there are worse things than the 'Wardrob malfunction' Particularly me listening to any part of the Black Eyed Peas halftime show. They sucked, man that was awful, I was embarrassed even watching for a couple minutes. I thought my family might actually think I listened to garbage like that... It takes some pretty bad music to make you feel self conscious that you even hear it...

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Who will sing the national anthem?

Some random opera woman nobody's ever heard of before.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Some random opera woman nobody's ever heard of before.
If I were to take a prop bet on the length of the anthem, I think I'd take the over. Those Opera folks always seem to go long, love the drama of it.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:If I were to take a prop bet on the length of the anthem, I think I'd take the over. Those Opera folks always seem to go long, love the drama of it.
I wish we got the trumpet guy...

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:I'm a rap fan, especially classic east coast rap, so I enjoyed Diddy's performance in 04 I think.

They really dropped the ball not having Will Smith in his prime perform. Clean, great music for its time.

Hell, I'd still try to get Will Smith to come on. Everybody likes Gettin Jiggy Wit It
I'd watch that for sure.

Quote:If I were to take a prop bet on the length of the anthem, I think I'd take the over. Those Opera folks always seem to go long, love the drama of it.

But at least the wouldn't go all wobbly at the high notes!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:So what I am hearing is you want Bieber. Him and Bruno are friends you know, or is it Drake? I can't keep these 'celebs' straight. Matter of fact I am not so sure how many of them keep themselves straight, why is Miley Cyrus trying to look like Bieber and vice versa? I know that cool hip society is intent on destory all differentiation between male and female, but that is just weird.

Oh the halftime show... Yeah I think there are worse things than the 'Wardrob malfunction' Particularly me listening to any part of the Black Eyed Peas halftime show. They sucked, man that was awful, I was embarrassed even watching for a couple minutes. I thought my family might actually think I listened to garbage like that... It takes some pretty bad music to make you feel self conscious that you even hear it...
lol! no man. Bieber,Miley & Drake are not what I meant lol. I listed people like Beyonce, Brittany Spears, justin timberlake jay-z. Bieber,miley & Drake are not on that level. I agree with you tho. Black Eyed peas where trash. I thought they would be better.

Swaguars..  that's just it.  he has a great voice.  It's the songwriting and how he uses it.  He's like Prince's mentally challenged nephew who developed a meth addiction.  His music makes me want to punch myself in the crotch. 

Only a chump boos the home team!

Here is the Superbowl 34 details

Theme: Tapestry of Nations

Performers: Tina Turner, Phil, Collins, Christina Aguilera, Enrique Iglesisas, Toni Braxton, 80-Person Choir, Edward James Olmos (Narrator)

Producer Disney

Songs

When the Heartache is Over/Proud Mary - Tina Turner

Reflections of Earth - Walt Disney Celebration

Celbrate the Future Hand in Hand - Christina Aguilera & Enrique Iglesisas

Tapestry of Nations - Disney

Two Worlds - Phil Collins

We Go On - Toni Braxton

Yeah Tina Turner is pretty darn incredible.  Paul was awesome in Jacksonville.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I didn't care for the Who or Bruce Springsteen.  I put Bruce on my massively over hyped list.  The Who and Rolling Stones were just really old and looked it on stage.

The Khan Years

Quote:I didn't care for the Who or Bruce Springsteen.  I put Bruce on my massively over hyped list.  The Who and Rolling Stones were just really old and looked it on stage.

Which year did Bruce Springsteen do it?

The Rolling Stones were not as bad as The Who.

Quote:Nobody else liked Madonna?

This was the only halftime show I liked and actually watched the whole thing.

Quote:This was the only halftime show I liked and actually watched the whole thing.

Yeah, she was so good I watched it again on YouTube.

Bruce was Superbowl 43 in Tampa.

The Khan Years

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2014, 10:27 PM by rollerjag.)

Give me The Rolling Stones until they can't play any more.

And you kids get off of my lawn!

[Image: keith_richards_outlived_them_all-114814.jpg]

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Swaguars..  that's just it.  he has a great voice.  It's the songwriting and how he uses it.  He's like Prince's mentally challenged nephew who developed a meth addiction.  His music makes me want to punch myself in the crotch. 
I do kind of hate that 'I want to be a billionaire song'.... Actually, I think Bruno Mars is just really dumb, like maybe diagnosibly dumb. He does do a lot of drugs tho, hard to say what he would be like off of coke...

Just as long as it is not Miley Cyrus or Justin the punk Bieber I am good with anybody! Really don't mind!

Of all of the legitimately horrible crap music out there to rag on, I really don't have an issue with Bruno Mars.

I'm not gonna run out and buy any of his music anytime soon, but in this day in age of cookie cutter, computer-made top 40 music, dude actual writes his own music, plays a handful of instruments reasonably well, and is a pretty entertaining showman.

Again, relatively speaking, not sure how anybody could point to him being "what's wrong with music".