Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
3rd overall is a great place to be

We have our shot at Clowney, Teddy, Bortles or Manziel. Guys who could be potentially elite in the NFL. Or we could trade back if things fall into a certain place to grab more picks and still grab a game-changer.

There's so much awesome talent at the top with this draft. If we had the #1 pick and took Teddy and he busts then we're all wondering "what if" we had Clowney. At #3 one of them will likely be off the board and there's less pressure.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Discount Manziel and I agree with you.

The #3 pick is awful this year because the Browns are able and willing to leapfrog us for Johnny Manziel. We can't prevent that from happening because the #1 team is a division rival that also needs a quarterback. So we need luck and a prayer to pick the best quarterback in the draft.

Quote:The #3 pick is awful this year because the Browns are able and willing to leapfrog us for Johnny Manziel. We can't prevent that from happening because the #1 team is a division rival that also needs a quarterback. So we need luck and a prayer to pick the best quarterback in the draft.

Bortles is more NFL ready than Manziel anyway. I'd be fine with Blake.

Quote:Bortles is more NFL ready than Manziel anyway. I'd be fine with Blake.

But would you pick him at #3?

Also, can you explain your signature?

Quote:The #3 pick is awful this year because the Browns are able and willing to leapfrog us for Johnny Manziel. We can't prevent that from happening because the #1 team is a division rival that also needs a quarterback. So we need luck and a prayer to pick the best quarterback in the draft.
But you're not the one picking so maybe they don't think that manzeil isnt' the best qb

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

I pity the soul who gets stuck in Cleveland.

OT: I agree

Quote:But you're not the one picking so maybe they don't think that Manziel isn't the best QB.

If they do agree with me, being #3 is bad.

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2014, 09:48 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:If they do agree with me, being #3 is bad.
3 is good, we will get a good player

Browns can have Manziel, just means Teddy or Clowney would be ours
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:Browns can have Manziel, just means Teddy or Clowney would be ours
No way the Jaguars take Manziel- too much risk. If I had to guess, their big board looks like this:

1. Clowney

2. Bridgewater

3. Bortles

4. Barr

5. Mack

These rankings can obviously change by May, but it's likely that these 5 guys will be at the top of the Jaguar's list, meaning that they will have their choice of the 3 (or possibly 4, if St. Louis takes a tackle). That's a good place to be as all these guys have very high ceilings.

Teddy at #3 please. If Teddy is gone, then either Barr or Clowney.

A huge, huge no thank you to Manziel or Bortles at 3. I'd rather take a shot at a QB in round 2, then overdraft either of them at #3 overall.

Quote:Teddy at #3 please. If Teddy is gone, then either Barr or Clowney.

A huge, huge no thank you to Manziel or Bortles at 3. I'd rather take a shot at a QB in round 2, then overdraft either of them at #3 overall.
Would be a fools errand to over draft Bortles or Manziel at the 3

Rather get Jimmy G in the second as he is better than both of them

Quote:Would be a fools errand to over draft Bortles or Manziel at the 3

Rather get Jimmy G in the second as he is better than both of them
But you want to overdraft Teddy at 3?  Lol

Quote:But you want to overdraft Teddy at 3?  Lol

Why would #3 be too high for Teddy?

Quote:Why would #3 be too high for Teddy?
http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...age-board/

The only knock on Teddy is his small frame and that's the only knock. Which is very minor considering all the other great things he brings to the table.

Actually would be a steal at the 3 position...

"He received high grades in accuracy, congruent with what I see in Bridgewater. While, [Matthew] Stafford was one of those QBs that [needed] a couple years to grow in the NFL as we've seen, Bridgewater is the type [that] can come in and start immediately, while making minimal mistakes as he learns on the job.

Bussell says Bridgewater is ahead of a physically superior talent like Stafford in terms of his polish as a passer.

"Polished doesn't mean that Bridgewater has less room for improvement, It just means he has a more refined and precise skillset.

"While Bridgewater doesn't have the pure physical talent that Stafford has, I do believe he can be better than Stafford simply because of his poise and mental grasp of the game," Bussell explained.

"In essence, it's the difference between a Jay Cutler and a Tom Brady."

Joe Bussell

Teddy still has a relatively low ceiling. I think Bortles is just a guy that looks the part. That doesnt make it so though. I trust them to make the right choice, but I think any QB at 3 is a reach. If you draft Manziel you're hoping for the "magic" that makes him unique compared to the other ones.

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2014, 12:31 AM by wiseman101.)

Quote:Teddy still has a relatively low ceiling. I think Bortles is just a guy that looks the part. That doesnt make it so though. I trust them to make the right choice, but I think any QB at 3 is a reach. If you draft Manziel you're hoping for the "magic" that makes him unique compared to the other ones.
How do you feel he has a low ceiling?

If anything his ceiling is higher than everyone elses...

1. Needs to add 15-20 pounds

2. Will increase arm strength and velocity even further (already has a stronger arm than Bortles)

3. 4.6 and under speed

4. not perfect mechanically, especially lower body torque

5. Deep balls need better timing

6. Already understands more about the pro game than Manziel and Bortles combined