Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
John McClain with the Houston Chronicle believes the Texans will select...

Quote:What? Please quote that. Are you not reading what people are writing about how talented Watt is?

Mcnair would never say his best player isn't talented. That makes no sense.

Yes I am reading other posters. But I also know nobody would know better than the Texans how talented he is, so when Bob McNair said that, it clearly had weight because of the source.

Too late to quote him now; he said that a few weeks ago.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yes I am reading other posters. But I also know nobody would know better than the Texans how talented he is, so when Bob McNair said that, it clearly had weight because of the source.

Too late to quote him now; he said that a few weeks ago.
So I gotta take your word that he said that? Got it. Im just going to assume you misinterpreted what he said.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Quote:So I gotta take your word that he said that? Got it. Im just going to assume you misinterpreted what he said.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Now we can get back to the original topic.

Quote:That is what Bob McNair said. He would know, obviously.

Isn't he the same person responsible for this so-called Bortles smokescreen?

So where is this lie detector you have that shows you when he's telling the truth and when he's not?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...--nfl.html

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"One of the things I said to J.J. was, 'I don't know what will happen, if we get Clowney, I want you to instill the same kind of work habits that you have," McNair said. "He said, 'If he's in the same room as me, he'll have them.'"

From what I gather, given their attitude towards taking Clowney, trading the pick, and factoring in what McClain had to say about QB...

They would rather solve QB, but in the end I doubt they'd turn down the chance to pick up a rare talent like Clowney if they can't trade out.

If they trade down and are still relatively high, their preferred guy targeted could be Bortles.  But, there are enough QBs in this draft they could easily find one with their second rounder even if they can't move out and end up selecting Clowney.

I just have a tough time thinking they'll want to take Bortles so high if they stay put.  They have to be thinking about how the Mario pick was the right choice, and Carr the wrong one.  Whether or not that matters remains to be seen.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Isn't he the same person responsible for this so-called Bortles smokescreen?

So where is this lie detector you have that shows you when he's telling the truth and when he's not?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...--nfl.html

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"One of the things I said to J.J. was, 'I don't know what will happen, if we get Clowney, I want you to instill the same kind of work habits that you have," McNair said. "He said, 'If he's in the same room as me, he'll have them.'"

From what I gather, given their attitude towards taking Clowney, trading the pick, and factoring in what McClain had to say about QB...

They would rather solve QB, but in the end I doubt they'd turn down the chance to pick up a rare talent like Clowney if they can't trade out.

If they trade down and are still relatively high, their preferred guy targeted could be Bortles.  But, there are enough QBs in this draft they could easily find one with their second rounder even if they can't move out and end up selecting Clowney.

I just have a tough time thinking they'll want to take Bortles so high if they stay put.  They have to be thinking about how the Mario pick was the right choice, and Carr the wrong one.  Whether or not that matters remains to be seen.
Im with pirks on this one

If it is between Bortles and Clowney, they are getting Clowney (I think)

Like I said earlier, the owner of the #1 pick has no reason to lie about players. Lying is for teams who are hoping a player falls or want to trade up.

Quote:Im with pirks on this one

If it is between Bortles and Clowney, they are getting Clowney (I think)
If Clowney is there at 3 they take him over any of the qbs in this draft

Quote:Yes he did say Watt is not very talented and got most of his ability on effort.

Show me the quote where he said Watt was not very talented.

I'll wait.

Quote:Show me the quote where he said Watt was not very talented.

I'll wait.

"He's not a J.J. Watt," McNair said. "J.J. didn't have that natural (ability). He worked. He developed his. I said to J.J., 'I don't know what will happen but if we get Clowney, we want you to instill in him the same kind of work habits that you have.' He said, 'Well, if he's in the same room with me, he'll have them.'"

That is what I am talking about. If Watt is a very talented freak, it is only because he worked hard, because according to McNair, none of it is natural.

Quote:"He's not a J.J. Watt," McNair said. "J.J. didn't have that natural (ability). He worked. He developed his. I said to J.J., 'I don't know what will happen but if we get Clowney, we want you to instill in him the same kind of work habits that you have.' He said, 'Well, if he's in the same room with me, he'll have them.'"

That is what I am talking about. If Watt is a very talented freak, it is only because he worked hard, because according to McNair, none of it is natural.
He is comparing Watt's natural talent to Clowney's natural talent

Watts a freak but Clowney is even more of a freak.

Watt has crazy natural talent

Quote:If Clowney is there at 3 they take him over any of the qbs in this draft
Not over Bridgewater, we need a qb who can come in, start, and be effective

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2014, 10:29 PM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:"He's not a
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/player/j.j.watt/2495488/profile'>J.J. Watt</a>," McNair said. "J.J. didn't have that natural (ability). He worked. He developed his. I said to J.J., 'I don't know what will happen but if we get Clowney, we want you to instill in him the same kind of work habits that you have.' He said, 'Well, if he's in the same room with me, he'll have them.'"

Just to help you out with reading comprehension, he never said once that Watt didn't have great talent. He is trying to show you just how talented Clowney is but you have this agenda against Clowney so you took it the wrong way.

Watt = very talented

Clowney = more natural talent than Watt (please see above)

Quote:Not over Bridgewater, we need a qb who can come in, start, and be effective
I would bet money that Dave has Clowney higher on his bigboard than Teddy.  Dave seen what Teddy can do first hand in that Rutgers game.

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2014, 10:37 PM by wiseman101.)

Quote:I would bet money that Dave has Clowney higher on his bigboard than Teddy.  Dave seen what Teddy can do first hand in that Rutgers game.
Paypal???

With all of the questions surrounding Clowney and our need for a qb, Id through down 50 that Bridgewater is higher on the board.

QB is more impactful than DE

Clowney is better "prospect" but Bridgewater could do a lot more for us out of the gate and long term

Quote:I would bet money that Dave has Clowney higher on his bigboard than Teddy.  Dave seen what Teddy can do first hand in that Rutgers game.

Wasn't he at the UCF game as well?

Quote:Wasn't he at the UCF game as well?
I believe so, he seen the QB who can rally his team to a win against Louisville and a BCS bowl game.

Quote:I believe so, he seen the QB who can rally his team to a win against Louisville and a BCS bowl game.
Throwing those 50 yd screen passes hahahahahahaha

Quote:"He's not a J.J. Watt," McNair said. "J.J. didn't have that natural (ability). He worked. He developed his. I said to J.J., 'I don't know what will happen but if we get Clowney, we want you to instill in him the same kind of work habits that you have.' He said, 'Well, if he's in the same room with me, he'll have them.'"

From what I got from this its kind of like back in the day in school. There are kids that studied all night to ace the test the following day and the ones who got A's without having to work for it. I never needed to study, I just knew the answers.

If you are naturally smart you don't need to study, you will pass the tests. If you're naturally beautiful there's no need to have a personality, things will be handed to you anyway. If you're faster and stronger theres no need to work as hard, the results will come. I'm not sure that ever changes. In school a lot of things came easy to me and I didnt have to try. As a 30 year old man if it doesn't come easy I don't need it at all. Thats whats scarey about Clowney.