Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Did you care to watch the pro bowl?
YES
NO
[Show Results]

Did you watch the pro bowl?

I personally still think its a complete joke and didn't bother watching again.  The probowl is uselss with some of the best players in the league opting out because they are playing in the super bowl.  I still don't understand why they moved it before the superbowl and why they took away all the skill competitions. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They should have kept it the way it was.

Last time I watched the pro-bowl... my kids weren't born yet.  2005.  Next year it'll be ten years.  It loses it's appeal pretty quickly.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

I did not even vote for Poz just because I hate the changes they made to it.

I want the skills comp back Sad

Quote:I want the skills comp back.

What was that?

I don't like the new format, except that I do like the celebrity GMs deal. It should just be one AFC great vs one NFC great and go from there. It was hard to tell who the players were on the field with the conferences all mixed together.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2014, 06:55 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:I want the skills comp back Sad

Attention Roger Goodell: this idea is a million times better than putting a franchise in London, eliminating the extra point, lengthening the regular season or expanding the playoffs.

Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:I personally still think its a complete joke and didn't bother watching again.  The probowl is uselss with some of the best players in the league opting out because they are playing in the super bowl.  I still don't understand why they moved it before the superbowl and why they took away all the skill competitions. 
Those players didn't opt out. They had no choice based on when Goodell moved the game too.

Now there are players who do opt out, but it's not the Super Bowl guys.

I watched maybe 10 minutes total of it. Not my cup of tea. It is still not a real football game.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

I watched 15 minutes of the Pro Bowl. Which was 15 minutes more than I watched since the 90s.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2014, 01:53 PM by Swaguars.)

Quote:What was that?
Couldn't find it on youtube, but I did find this oddly enough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39O2aF2sIL4

They did stuff similar to that, also had QBs throwing footballs like darts. 

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2014, 01:57 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:Couldn't find it on youtube, but I did find this oddly enough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39O2aF2sIL4

They did stuff similar to that, also had QBs throwing footballs like darts. 
The skills challenge stopped in 2006 or 2007. It was never live broadcasted. Shown on replay on ESPN and stuff though after the fact. It was much better, imo, than the game.

;

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2014, 02:06 PM by badger.)

I watched the whole thing. Its the second to last football you will see for a long time.

Quote:I watched the whole thing. Its the second to last football you will see for a long time.

After watching half of the Senior Bowl, I decided it is not fun to watch a game when I don't care who wins.

I watched it half-heartedly and saw Poz in for one play. One play.

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2014, 02:15 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:I watched it half-heartedly and saw Poz in for one play. One play.
I watched for about 10 minutes and saw him in for two series. Played sam both series.

;

Poz played alot... he had a couple solo tackles and made a nice play to disrupt tony g from catching a pass

I just prefer to soak it all in. The next several months without football are the most depressing months of the year

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2014, 02:56 PM by snaxdelrio.)

Quote:I watched for about 10 minutes and saw him in for two series. Played sam both series.
musta been when I switched over to the batchlorette wedding

Quote:I watched for about 10 minutes and saw him in for two series. Played Sam both series.

Why wasn't he Mike?