Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Did you care to watch the pro bowl?
YES
NO
[Show Results]

Did you watch the pro bowl?

Quote:musta been when I switched over to the batchlorette wedding
Ouch. I'd watch women's basketball over that, and I never watch women's basketball.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

There should be a "watched some" option... I watched it toward the end. I saw Poz in there a lot at that point.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Ouch. I'd watch women's basketball over that, and I never watch women's basketball.
yeah jk I was watching dateline about some house fire love triangle situation

Quote:Why wasn't he Mike?
It's the PB, lots of good players. Play where needed I suppose. Kuechly was the best LB on the field, and he happens to play in the middle.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Why wasn't he Mike?
Kuechly played Mike.  Poz played the majority of the second half at Sam and looked pretty good. 

I enjoyed the pro bowl this year. Nice to see defense being played again in Hawaii. 

I did watch some of the game. I would have watched more had it not been on an evening that were full of plans. What I did watch was better than years past.

Quote:Kuechly played Mike.  Poz played the majority of the second half at Sam and looked pretty good. 

I enjoyed the pro bowl this year. Nice to see defense being played again in Hawaii. 

Same here, I watched the entire game. The rules changes made it interesting, and the players, while easing up on most plays to avoid injury, generally played hard and looked like they wanted to win.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Kuechly played Mike.  Poz played the majority of the second half at Sam and looked pretty good. 

I enjoyed the Pro Bowl this year. Nice to see defense being played again in Hawaii. 

Apparently he did not forget his Butkus Award season at Penn State. That was the last time he played on the outside in a game that mattered.

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2014, 08:13 PM by jaguarmvp.)

Quote:What was that?
It was a fun competition the nfl showed on both Saturday and Sunday before the probowl where the best players of their position would compete in challenges.

The Top 6-8 players in each position would compete to be the champion and often win a prize.  It was kinda like a game show thing.

QB"s: Compete in things like: Who can throw the furthest, accuracy challenges, pocket speed drills, etc.

RB's: Various speed and agility contest

WR's Speed and catching challenges

Defense: Various burst, speed, agility, etc challenges

Kickers/punters: Various FG and kicking drills

I remember seeing some QB's throw the ball almost 80 yards in said competitions.  Fun stuff. (Jeff George holds the NFL record for a football thrown at 88 yards)

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I sprayed sealer on my dock as that chore was more entertaining.

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">

No. Didn't have time, didn't bother to prioritize it.

Quote:The skills challenge stopped in 2006 or 2007. It was never live broadcasted. Shown on replay on ESPN and stuff though after the fact. It was much better, imo, than the game.
Which is a shame because when the players are having fun, the fans are. That's almost the point of the Pro Bowl.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Same here, I watched the entire game. The rules changes made it interesting, and the players, while easing up on most plays to avoid injury, generally played hard and looked like they wanted to win.
Yes.  First enjoyable pro-bowl I can remember in at least 3 years  - probably more.   They may have stumbled on something worthy of keeping the tradition alive with this format. 

I didn't even remember it was on.

Then again, I was playing golf and drinking beer so all was good in my world.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:musta been when I switched over to the batchlorette wedding

I would rather watch the entire Pro Bowl twice than the Bachelorette Wedding.
Only a chump boos the home team!

First off, the Pro Bowl being played before the Super Bowl is extremely stupid to me.. Lot's of players out because of them playing in the Super Bowl.. Second, In my opinion, If they want to make the Pro Bowl "watchable" again, they need to go back to their roots and quit trying to sugar coat garbage.. They need to field a complete Pro Bowl caliber offense and defense and have them play College Football's All American Team. That makes the game interesting and fun to watch again..

Right now the game itself is garbage.. Adding a skills competition to the game would be piling on garbage on top of garbage.. Who gives a crap about a skills comp when we know what kind of skills these players have to even make it to the Pro Bowl in the first place..  

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:I would rather watch the entire Pro Bowl twice than the Bachelorette Wedding.

How dare you? Sean and Catherine are good people and want you to share their special moment with them!!!

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2014, 05:44 PM by Kotite.)

Even if I had a clue who Sean and Catherine were, I think the only thing I would share with them is germs.
Only a chump boos the home team!

I dont think I ever watched a pro bowl. I do enjoy looking at the stats though see which QB does better with the same weapons, same line. I did watch the competitions though. I still do when they're on.

I set the DVR to record it, and I completely forgot about. Was watching some NFL Network and saw they were doing some replays of guys in weird uniforms and it hit me, lol.

I gotta say, being able to FF all the crap is the best way to watch the probowl. And it was pretty entertaining compared to the last few we've had, which isn't saying much but its a start.