Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We drafted a CB only a few spots before Richard Sherman

I just had to go back and look where Richard Sherman was drafted and saw it was in the 2011 Draft in the 5th Round. Not too many picks before Sherman was taken, Jacksonville had selected CB Rod Isaac from Middle Tenn who was cut not long after and didn't even make it in the Arena Football League either after a short tint with Tampa there.  Nice scouting! Sheesh.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Iirc rod was a rocket tackler if he took the angle, that was about all.

He was here for a whole cup of coffee.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:I just had to go back and look where Richard Sherman was drafted and saw it was in the 2011 Draft in the 5th Round. Not too many picks before Sherman was taken, Jacksonville had selected CB Rod Isaac from Middle Tenn who was cut not long after and didn't even make it in the Arena Football League either after a short tint with Tampa there.  Nice scouting! Sheesh.
Every team passed on him at least 4 times, if not 5 there champ.

Is your next "Sheesh" going to be about Tom Brady? Inquiring minds want to know.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Stop looking in the past. You will only find pain and heartache.

I doubt Sherman would have made it here.  He fell into a perfect scenario where they played a defense suited to his strengths.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

This thread is so high quality its low quality

We drafted a punter ahead of Russell Wilson. Sheesh!

Pretty much we draft bad players and seattle drafts good players soon after. 

We drafted Bryan Anger a few spots ahead of Russell Wilson. This game could go on and on....

We drafted Emanuel Smith 3 spots before the Patriots drafted Brady.

Yeah go on ahead and Google that guy.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

It's just the fact the it was another CB taken. Same position.  Not punter vs quarterback.

I realize the draft is not a perfect science, you win some and you lose some. Obviously other players will succeed with some teams and not others.

Oh well... hopefully we get a few good players outta the next draft and can turn things around.

Quote:I doubt Sherman would have made it here.  He fell into a perfect scenario where they played a defense suited to his strengths.
If I agree with pirks, you guys have a problem

I agree with Pirks, on top of the fact that Chancellor and Earl Thomas are his safeties

And we drafted Tyson Alualu few spots before Earl Thomas -- a guy that was heavily mocked to go to us.

We were not a good team and we did not have a good front office. It's that simple

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:I just had to go back and look where Richard Sherman was drafted and saw it was in the 2011 Draft in the 5th Round. Not too many picks before Sherman was taken, Jacksonville had selected CB Rod Isaac from Middle Tenn who was cut not long after and didn't even make it in the Arena Football League either after a short tint with Tampa there.  Nice scouting! Sheesh.

Oh, come on.  You can say the same thing about every other team except Seattle.   In fact, I would say everyone missed on Richard Sherman including Seattle, seeing as how they didn't draft him until the 5th round. 

I can't believe Tom Coughlin took Marcus Price AND Ryan Christopherson before Terrell Freaking Davis in the 1995 draft.

What. A. Travesty.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I can't believe Tom Coughlin took Marcus Price AND Ryan Christopherson before Terrell Freaking Davis in the 1995 draft.

What. A. Travesty.
Not really, we wouldn't have gotten Freddy T.  if had Davis at the time. ('98 Davis was a beast). But Freddy turned out to be better for a much longer period of time. It all worked out fine IMO.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

We drafted Austen Lane instead of Greg Hardy.  (Hardy was the next DE picked -- a round later).  Before Lane we drafted Larry Hart.  That's two DE's we chose over Hardy.

Lot's of What Could Have Been.  Hopefully there'll be less of that in the future

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

I really don't get all of the we passed on "X" player.  If we did draft that player he may not have turned out to be a good player.  Sherman maybe the player he is because of Scheme, coaching, and being in the right place.

IDK if he would be anywhere near dominant being a Jaguar.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:I doubt Sherman would have made it here. He fell into a perfect scenario where they played a defense suited to his strengths.

If you cant get a player of his caliber to make it here, that is a serious problem