Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We drafted a CB only a few spots before Richard Sherman

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2014, 02:43 PM by badger.)

Quote:I really don't get all of the we passed on "X" player. If we did draft that player he may not have turned out to be a good player. Sherman maybe the player he is because of Scheme, coaching, and being in the right place.

IDK if he would be anywhere near dominant being a Jaguar.
If Derek Cox can make people here think he is good, what would Richard Sherman have done?

Im not banging on the past FO. All 32 teams passed on Sherm until the 5th.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If you cant get a player of his caliber to make it here, that is a serious problem

Did you not notice how few of the FAs we brought in played so poorly in our scheme?

It wasn't because they were all chopped liver (even though some were.)

Our scheme couldn't take advantage of his strengths.  Let me guess, you're thinking all of a sudden he's become Darelle Revis or Champ Bailey.  He's very good, but he's not that good.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

If we took Richard Sherman, and he were still here.. he'd have Gus Bradley as his Coach.  I'm thinking Bradley could make the most of him.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2014, 03:34 PM by badger.)

Quote:Did you not notice how few of the FAs we brought in played so poorly in our scheme?

It wasn't because they were all chopped liver (even though some were.)

Our scheme couldn't take advantage of his strengths. Let me guess, you're thinking all of a sudden he's become Darelle Revis or Champ Bailey. He's very good, but he's not that good.
Not all of a sudden. Hes been the best cover corner for two years running.

Bailey? Come on, its not 2006 anymore.

Alot of our pass defense issues had to do with lack of pass rush. Im not saying our past scheme was good or bad, but to deny Sherman is a legit cover corner is just silly.

I CAN'T BELIEVE SOME PLAYERS TURN OUT BETTER THAN OTHERS OHMIGAW WHY CAN'T THEY ALL JUST BE JAGAUSRARS!!1!!111!
"I'll die young, but it's like kissing God."

The hindsight of a perfect 20/20 is a beautiful thing.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Not all of a sudden. Hes been the best cover corner for two years running.

Alot of our pass defense issues had to do with lack of pass rush. Im not saying our past scheme was good or bad, but to deny Sherman is a legit cover corner is just silly.

You'd think at minimum, he'd have been a decent safety for us, even if our system precluded him from playing man and press coverage.

Instead we got nothing out of Rod Isaac.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Not all of a sudden. Hes been the best cover corner for two years running.

I'm not saying he's not a legit corner, just that he's not elite like those guys in their prime.  He's got a long way to go to establish himself among the greats, if he ever even gets there at all.

I agree, no pass rush did make things 100x harder for our secondary.  Still does.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Sometimes you have to give credit where credit is due. 31 teams in the NFL pass on many good players, and they all get burned sooner or later.