Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Super Bowl Weather

Watching the N/y Rangers vs.NJ Devils hockey match in Yankee Stadium today, I can't help but think about the effect of similar weather conditions will have on the quality of play in next week's Super Bowl game if that's how things turn out.

With a strong defense and run game, you'd think it would favor Seattle. On the other hand, receivers normally have the advantage over their defenders since they only have to act, not react, and that should benefit the Broncos.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why would it favor Seattle? Peyton Manning said it helps to practice in the cold last week. He already played a game north of New Jersey and home games in freezing temperatures.

There is a reason we rarely or never see snow at Century Link Field.

Quote:Why would it favor Seattle?

Bad weather often favors teams with the stronger run game.

Peyton Manning said it helps to practice in the cold last week. He already played a game north of New Jersey and home games in freezing temperatures.

Peyton Manning also said Dominoes makes good pizza.

There is a reason we rarely or never see snow at Century Link Field.

Huh?

- Bob Marley

As of now it doesn't look too bad - but of course it's early.

[Image: 28a7sky.jpg]

You got the company wrong. He sells Papa John's pizza, not Domino's.

The Seahawks have one every down running back. The Broncos alternate running backs like we did with Fred Taylor and MJD. That does not mean the Broncos have a weak running game. They just do it differently.

Quote:As of now it doesn't look too bad - but of course it's early.

[Image: 28a7sky.jpg]

Ugh. "Rain or snow showers possible" on February 2. That better change in a few days.

Quote:You got the company wrong. He sells Papa John's pizza, not Domino's.

I stand corrected, but you actually enforced my point. Papa John's pizza is terrible.

The Seahawks have one every down running back. The Broncos alternate running backs like we did with Fred Taylor and MJD. That does not mean the Broncos have a weak running game. They just do it differently.

I didn't say the Broncos running game was weak.

- Bob Marley

Papa John's pizza is delicious compared to my other options. Gainesville has the worst pizza I ever had in my life, so the only pizza I can eat here is Papa John's - and not because of Peyton Manning.

A stronger running game is very important if it is windy or wet, but if it is just cold with only a slight breeze, passing is not a nightmare for quarterbacks.

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JaguarsWoman" data-cid="120088" data-time="1390776897">

I stand corrected, but you actually enforced my point. Papa John's pizza is terrible.

</blockquote>

Hey...the spinach chicken Alfredo pizza from Papa Johns is very yummy!! :thumbsup:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Hey...the spinach chicken Alfredo pizza from Papa Johns is very yummy!

I am wondering if rollerjag is just hating on Peyton.

Quote:I am wondering if rollerjag is just hating on Peyton.

He could be...I like Pap Johns bread sticks too!! :yes:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JaguarsWoman" data-cid="120088" data-time="1390776897">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>
Papa Johns is the best, get out of here. 

I'm flying up there Thursday lol really hoping the forecast is correct because I've been hearing it's supposed to be even colder

Quote:I am wondering if rollerjag is just hating on Peyton.

I actually like Peyton Manning.

I hate Papa John's Pizza.

I can do both!

'Murica!

- Bob Marley

Does anyone know why the Jets and Giants, knowing their new stadium will host Super Bowl 48, did not insist on having a roof built?

Quote:A stronger running game is very important if it is windy or wet, but if it is just cold with only a slight breeze, passing is not a nightmare for quarterbacks.

The ball is stiff in cold weather, the colder it is the stiffer it is. Which would make it harder to throw, and catch. Seattle has a QB that runs the ball very well. In my opinion Seattle will benifit more the colder the temperature will be. Old man Manning may not be as loose as his younger counterpart. Russell Wilson could be the deciding factor in this Super Bowl. The colder it is may work in his favor.

Happy Birthday! JaguarsWoman.

Quote:Does anyone know why the Jets and Giants, knowing their new stadium will host Super Bowl 48, did not insist on having a roof built?

I don't think they won the bid to host until after the stadium was built. Some cities do not want a roof. It is Football.

Quote:I don't think they won the bid to host until after the stadium was built. Some cities do not want a roof. It is football.

Paul Tagliabue was the one who wanted a Super Bowl at their stadium. The idea was based on the September 11 terrorist attacks. So they knew before Roger Goodell took over.

BTW you are the only board member so far to notice or remember what today is.

All this corporate pizza talk is making my stomach turn.   I know I'm very lucky to live in a place with many, many amazing Mom & Pop piza joints.

If anyone is coming for the big game or otherwise  - do yourself a favor and don't go to Ray's or any of the chain spots.  Try one of these:

-Giuseppina's in South Slope Brooklyn. (excellent calzone as well  -  wood fired oven  -  served with freshly toasted oregano)

-Lombardi's -  a little touristy of late cause it's the oldest pizzeria in NYC. Still good though.  (just north of little italy)

- Zero Otto Nove - if you want a near fine dining pizza experience with $40 bottles of chianti.  It's pricey but very good.  Their (original) Bronx location may be a bit cheaper.  

-  If you are in pinch and can't get to one of these there are several Patsy's  about town that aren't as great as the others listed - but head and shoulders over the other chains and they  originated locally. 

WEATHER:   forecast for Sunday now says 36 and cloudy

Quote:All this corporate pizza talk is making my stomach turn. I know I'm very lucky to live in a place with many, many amazing Mom & Pop piza joints.

If anyone is coming for the big game or otherwise - do yourself a favor and don't go to Ray's or any of the chain spots. Try one of these:

-Giuseppina's in South Slope Brooklyn. (excellent calzone as well - wood fired oven - served with freshly toasted oregano)

-Lombardi's - a little touristy of late cause it's the oldest pizzeria in NYC. Still good though. (just north of little italy)

- Zero Otto Nove - if you want a near fine dining pizza experience with $40 bottles of chianti. It's pricey but very good. Their (original) Bronx location may be a bit cheaper.

- If you are in pinch and can't get to one of these there are several Patsy's about town that aren't as great as the others listed - but head and shoulders over the other chains and they originated locally.

WEATHER: forecast for Sunday now says 36 and cloudy

Thanks! Know anywhere 3 young college students can go out near the manhatten area?