Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Super Bowl Weather

Quote:Thanks! Know anywhere 3 young college students can go out near the manhatten area?
Yes!  I'm headed out in Manhattan right now to see a mini-opera based on Breaking Bad, LOL.   So I don't have time to make a list. Send me a message and I'll respond with a list of some cool places.   :thumbsup:

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yes! I'm headed out in Manhattan right now to see a mini-opera based on Breaking Bad, LOL. So I don't have time to make a list. Send me a message and I'll respond with a list of some cool places. :thumbsup:

Sounds good thanks

My mom can't take me out to eat tonight (she will on Wednesday), so she will buy me . . 

Papa John's pizza with extra cheese, mushrooms, pineapple, and bell peppers. Yum.

Quote:As of now it doesn't look too bad - but of course it's early.

[Image: 28a7sky.jpg]
Just out of curiosity...will you be attending the Superbowl?

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2014, 08:38 PM by Vicus.)

Quote:Thanks! Know anywhere 3 young college students can go out near the manhatten area?

Sal and Carmine's Pizza. Broadway between 101st and 102nd. Best little hole in the wall place and they are cheap.

Quote:Sal and Carmine's Pizza. Broadway between 101st and 102nd. Best little hole in the wall place and they are cheap.

I assume their pizza is much better than the crap in Gainesville.

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2014, 08:49 PM by Vicus.)

Quote:I assume their pizza is much better than the crap in Gainesville.
It's easily the best pizza I have had in my life... Next to Lazy Moon here in Orlando.

Quote:Paul Tagliabue was the one who wanted a Super Bowl at their stadium. The idea was based on the September 11 terrorist attacks. So they knew before Roger Goodell took over.

BTW you are the only board member so far to notice or remember what today is.

That's not true...I have a whole thread devoted to you on the sideline! I started it early this morning for you! :yes:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:That's not true...I have a whole thread devoted to you on the sideline! I started it early this morning for you!

Even if they did not know at the time, it would have been smart to play their own games indoors.

Quote:Does anyone know why the Jets and Giants, knowing their new stadium will host Super Bowl 48, did not insist on having a roof built?
Well they didn't want to play Manning in a dome, if they actually made it too the playoffs. Everyone knows snowy weather + Manning = Horse loss (Colt or Bronco).

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Even if they did not know at the time, it would have been smart to play their own games indoors.

I was talking about it not being true that we forgot your birthday...not about the stadiums.

Quote:Just out of curiosity...will you be attending the Superbowl?
No.  Not gonna make this one.  I'll definitely attend when the Jaguars finally make it!!!  Until then - i think I'll wait for a milder climate to spend the big bucks on that ticket.  January and February in New York are literally the worst months to be here IMO.  I went to the new MetLife Stadium in preseason to see the Jags and Jets -  and unless you are in a luxury suite it'll be pretty miserable at 35 degrees IMO.  Especially when a ticket may cost you well over $3000 without a hook-up of some kind. 

Quote:Sal and Carmine's Pizza. Broadway between 101st and 102nd. Best little hole in the wall place and they are cheap.
Not a bad spot for a quick slice, fer sure.  A little salty, but better than many of the "by the slice" joints around.  

Quote:I was talking about it not being true that we forgot your birthday...not about the stadiums.

LOL I knew I was right about the stadiums.

I copied the funny cat pictures to a friend who has two cats and a dog. She loved them, but wanted to know why the gray cat did not try to unwrap itself.

Quote:LOL I knew I was right about the stadiums.

I copied the funny cat pictures to a friend who has two cats and a dog. She loved them, but wanted to know why the gray cat did not try to unwrap itself.

I was shocked that it just sat there too! My cats wouldn't have let me wrap them...much less sat there so quietly after being wrapped!!

When contingency plans are made that involve postponing your biggest game of the season because of weather.....You chose the wrong place to begin with.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

NYC pizza > Chicago pizza > franchise chain pizza.

The best option we have here in Jax, in my opinion is Al's. I haven't tried some others I have heard about like Moon River cuz I don't live near one.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:NYC pizza > Chicago pizza > franchise chain pizza.

The best option we have here in Jax, in my opinion is Al's. I haven't tried some others I have heard about like Moon River cuz I don't live near one.
Pizza Time in St. Augustine is the real deal.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:When contingency plans are made that involve postponing your biggest game of the season because of weather.....You chose the wrong place to begin with.

Give this man a cigar!! :thumbsup:

What is sad though, hey will have to reschedule the Super Bowl and we will still get grief because it rained some the week before the Super Bowl here!!! Sad

Quote:When contingency plans are made that involve postponing your biggest game of the season because of weather.....You chose the wrong place to begin with.

Lol, I'm not sure where you stole this quote from...but its spot on!