Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hey look, the Dolphins are following in the Weaver Jaguars footsteps...

But, but, but.  it wasn't a committee.  It was all Shack...

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Not at all.

Not when you turned on Bradley literally within hours of him being named head coach.

Besides, the "one voice" didn't work for Gene Smith and the Jaguars, either.

You keep mentioning the Bradley thing. Thats like 2 or 3 times now. I explained myself on that one the last time you brought it up. 

And so the 8 years of posting history before that you were on board, but because of that one post, now I'm the bad guy? Uh uh...

The one voice structure or should I say "traditional" front office method does work. Its Gene that didn't work. 

Show me an example of the Committee approach that was Jacksonville/ now Miami/ and formerly Minnesota being highly successful in this league. 

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2014, 05:50 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:But, but, but.  it wasn't a committee.  It was all Shack...

Evolution showed that not only was Shack an issue, but so was JDR. As was the committee approach. THats how we missed on Roethlisberger and Rodgers. One of the voices wanted Roethlisberger and the others did not. 

It was one big muddled clustermess. 

Quote:Evolution showed that not only was Shack an issue, but so was JDR. As was the committee approach. THats how we missed on Roethlisberger and Rodgers. One of the voices wanted Roethlisberger and the others did not. 

It was one big muddled clustermess.

Evolution showed?

Quote:Evolution showed?

Yes, as time went by and the situation evolved to also show that Jack too, wasn't good at his job. So Jack was an issue as well. 

Problem?

The only thing proven here was that the reason the committee approach did not work in Jacksonville was because 2 out of the 3 committee members were incompetent.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Evolution showed?

Evolution of his view on the situation.

i.e., spin

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:No because the Jaguars are the closest example to why that method doesn't work that anyone on here would identify to. 

You, Dakota and a few others jumped the gun on this one. 
LOL!

Take a look at your last dozen threads you started. Either the title of the thread or the OP includes some ridicule of the Jaguars franchise. There's no jumping the gun.

They either involve praising the move of a divisional rival, saying how their moves just buried the Jags for the foreseeable future, or it's like this one, where you took something you see as negative, and find ANY way to associate it with the Jags. Either way, you remain constant with one thing always. That thing is finding ways to down this franchise. Just like that stupid UDFA comment you made earlier, chastising the Jags for not landing a HOF player as a UDFA. You couldn't back that up whatsoever, because you simply couldn't. You set an unattainable goal for the franchise, made it sound like all the other teams do it all the time, and used it as ammo to bash on the Jags. It's what you do. Frankly, it's all you do.

Don't get so butthurt because a few of us point it out.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:The only thing proven here was that the reason the committee approach did not work in Jacksonville was because 2 out of the 3 committee members were incompetent.

This.

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2014, 06:46 AM by Bullseye.)

Quote:You keep mentioning the Bradley thing. Thats like 2 or 3 times now. I explained myself on that one the last time you brought it up. 

And so the 8 years of posting history before that you were on board, but because of that one post, now I'm the bad guy? Uh uh...

It wasn't one post.  It was a series of posts.

You championed Gus Bradley throughout the coaching search, from right before the end of the season last year, up through his talks with Philadelphia.  You considered him a potential superstar.

Then, when the Eagles didn't hire him and he became the Jaguars' head coach, suddenly your tone changed.  Suddenly, the world came to an end in your eyes because he didn't hire Norv Turner as his OC.  Norv Turner was named OC the same day of Bradley's introductory press conference.  Don't hand me this stuff about not interviewing everyone, either.  It didn't take you any interviews to establish your "list" of head coaching candidates in the first place, and to date, you still haven't explained what could have been concluded about Gus Bradley that the first ELEVEN HOUR INTERVIEW didn't cover.  The only thing you've done is state your characterization of Bradley as a "potential superstar" coach was borne out of "desperation."

Were you fair, objective and reasonable in your analysis, you would have at least lauded the Jaguars for FOLLOWING one of YOUR RECs-at least initially.  You didn't even do that!  As soon as he was hired, you trashed him and the organization as lost causes.

In the end, YOU BETRAYED YOUR OWN ANALYSIS of the coaching search to level criticisms at the team, and your own credibility in my eyes.  The only "desperation" I see from you is your need to incessantly criticize the team.  Has the team had much success over the past decade?  No.  Has the team done much right over the past decade?  No.  Has the team deserved some criticism?  Absolutely.  I've agreed with some of your criticisms.  But part of having credibility is giving credit when due.  You can't bring yourself to do that here even though they hired one of your guys.   Your posts come across as gratuitously critical to nearly everyone on the board, even to the non "stepford fans" among us.

Why else would you make a post critical of the team not trading down and getting value when the season isn't even over yet, when we haven't had the scouting combine, free agency, or individual workouts?  It's quite possible the team could stand pat and have a great draft, landing one or more of the superstars we both have insisted the team desperately needs.  Why would they warrant criticism under those circumstances?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Oh damn.

Quote:It wasn't one post.  It was a series of posts.

You championed Gus Bradley throughout the coaching search, from right before the end of the season last year, up through his talks with Philadelphia.  You considered him a potential superstar.

Then, when the Eagles didn't hire him and he became the Jaguars' head coach, suddenly your tone changed.  Suddenly, the world came to an end in your eyes because he didn't hire Norv Turner as his OC.  Norv Turner was named OC the same day of Bradley's introductory press conference.  Don't hand me this stuff about not interviewing everyone, either.  It didn't take you any interviews to establish your "list" of head coaching candidates in the first place, and to date, you still haven't explained what could have been concluded about Gus Bradley that the first ELEVEN HOUR INTERVIEW didn't cover.  The only thing you've done is state your characterization of Bradley as a "potential superstar" coach was borne out of "desperation."

Were you fair, objective and reasonable in your analysis, you would have at least lauded the Jaguars for FOLLOWING one of YOUR RECs-at least initially.  You didn't even do that!  As soon as he was hired, you trashed him and the organization as lost causes.

In the end, YOU BETRAYED YOUR OWN ANALYSIS of the coaching search to level criticisms at the team, and your own credibility in my eyes.  The only "desperation" I see from you is your need to incessantly criticize the team.  Has the team had much success over the past decade?  No.  Has the team done much right over the past decade?  No.  Has the team deserved some criticism?  Absolutely.  I've agreed with some of your criticisms.  But part of having credibility is giving credit when due.  You can't bring yourself to do that here even though they hired one of your guys.   Your posts come across as gratuitously critical to nearly everyone on the board, even to the non "stepford fans" among us.

Why else would you make a post critical of the team not trading down and getting value when the season isn't even over yet, when we haven't had the scouting combine, free agency, or individual workouts?  It's quite possible the team could stand pat and have a great draft, landing one or more of the superstars we both have insisted the team desperately needs.  Why would they warrant criticism under those circumstances?
THIS!

The Dolphins have major issues. This guy was what, their 10th or 12th choice for GM?

I'm glad Shad Khan knows how to run this team the right way.

Quote:It wasn't one post.  It was a series of posts.

But Bradley was his SIXTH choice!  SIXTH!  They didn't even interview his Top 5 candidates!  And they didn't interview Greg Roman (who he didn't want in the first place)!  How could they not interview Greg Roman?!  And now Bill O'Brien who was his third choice, is going to the Texans!  The Texans are getting his THIRD choice. 

TMD's worst points tend to be when he's talking about things that didn't happen. I agree with him that the choice of OC and DC leave something to be desired.  But I don't think that it's the end of the world.  Babich learned under Lovie Smith, and we'll see where Fisch goes.  If he doesn't cut it, I believe that Gus will eventually cut ties with his OC. 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:But Bradley was his SIXTH choice!  SIXTH!  They didn't even interview his Top 5 candidates!  And they didn't interview Greg Roman (who he didn't want in the first place)!  How could they not interview Greg Roman?!  And now Bill O'Brien who was his third choice, is going to the Texans!  The Texans are getting his THIRD choice. 

TMD's worst points tend to be when he's talking about things that didn't happen. I agree with him that the choice of OC and DC leave something to be desired.  But I don't think that it's the end of the world.  Babich learned under Lovie Smith, and we'll see where Fisch goes.  If he doesn't cut it, I believe that Gus will eventually cut ties with his OC. 

I'd have no problems with the Bradley analysis had he been initially enthusiastic about it then less than enthusiastic once the coordinators were named. 

But that's not how it happened.

On the morning of Bradley's introductory press conference, Norv Turner was named Cleveland's OC.  TMD then declared Bradley's tenure as a lost cause, without even knowing who his coordinators would be.  The stuff about the interviews came later.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I'd have no problems with the Bradley analysis had he been initially enthusiastic about it then less than enthusiastic once the coordinators were named. 

But that's not how it happened.

On the morning of Bradley's introductory press conference, Norv Turner was named Cleveland's OC.  TMD then declared Bradley's tenure as a lost cause, without even knowing who his coordinators would be.  The stuff about the interviews came later.

IIRC his first complaint was "They didn't even interview Greg Roman!" who wasn't even in his top 7 choices.  In fact he was pretty adamant at first about them NOT going with Roman because he wasn't that good.  That it was all J. Harbaugh in San Fran. 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

I actually agree with TMD in the idea that its important to have a good check and balance system in place. I do think it's also important to listen to one another and judging by the type of players Caldwell brings in you can definetly see Bradley's influence.

Stephen Ross is a clownshoes owner who has created a mess of a front office and is obviously out of his element. It doesn't help matters that he looks like Droopy Dog. Many top prospects for coaches, players and front office personnel have gotten to see the inner workings of that team and opted not to join. Maybe its time to see if J Lo and Gloria Estefan want to buy him out.
Only a chump boos the home team!

If I was able to interview for a GM position and had the experience in the NFL to back it up, I would tell the owner that if he hires me, I have final say on all player acquisitions.  Whether it's the draft, free agency, or contract negotiations.  Final say should always come to the GM.