Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The jags are in the news again

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2016, 10:33 AM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote:Maybe they're trying to make it so it won't hurt as bad when they do move the team. 

It isn't hard to believe at this point. Most talking heads seem to agree that it is nearly impossible to be as bad as we are, considering the level of parity in the league.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We're the equivalent to Charlie Brown trying to kick a football held by Lucy..

So hilarious
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Pretty sure my whole section was ready to charge the field at this point. Luckily there were too many Vikings fans holding us back.

Trying to solidify ourselves as a top 3 team....Top 3 in the draft I mean

Quote:Maybe they're trying to make it so it won't hurt as bad when they do move the team. 

Maybe you need to find another team.

Jaguars fans know the team is not moving and should not move.

Quote:Maybe you need to find another team.

Take it from her.  She has 2 other teams already.

PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

Are you people still on this? Just stop already. Teams don't move because of bad play or what happens on the field (or even off of it). They move due to stadium issues. Last time I checked, our stadium looked quite good.

All you can do is laugh at this point.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Are you people still on this? Just stop already. Teams don't move because of bad play or what happens on the field (or even off of it). They move due to stadium issues. Last time I checked, our stadium looked quite good.

Anyone who has heard of the LOS ANGELES Rams knows this.

Just shut your face already. You're a joke..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:All you can do is laugh at this point.

I have to agree. It helps to laugh at your misery. At least we did something memorable besides sucking on Sunday.

Quote:It was caused by Cyprien running around trying to figure out where he was supposed to line up.

Seriously.

Not making that up.

It was terrible.
But you line up in a LINE!?!?!?!

Quote:But you line up in a LINE!?!?!?!

Indeed.

It appeared that he was confused if they were going 5x5 or 6x4, both of which are legal.

He proceeded to run suddenly over to the opposite side, try to line up as the inside guy (closest to the kicker), the guy who was already there redirected him behind himself (hey, this is MY spot), Cyp then tried to fit between slot 1 and 2, slot 2 guy kind of pushed him out (again, hey, get out of my space, man), then he finally forced himself into an awkward spot, and Meyers attempted to get the kick off.

Too late.

He just looked lost out there. 

PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

Quote:Are you people still on this? Just stop already. Teams don't move because of bad play or what happens on the field (or even off of it). They move due to stadium issues. Last time I checked, our stadium looked quite good.
There is some validity to the team moving for poor play.

The 25 year stadium lease with the Jaguars prevents the team from breaking the lease unless the team can show 3 consecutive years of revenue losses. Poor play will result in poor ticket sales which will generate revenue losses.

The team can move at any time of course, but it would be on the hook for lease payments until the end of the 25 year lease. But that would be a large chunk of change.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

Quote:There is some validity to the team moving for poor play.

The 25 year stadium lease with the Jaguars prevents the team from breaking the lease unless the team can show 3 consecutive years of revenue losses. Poor play will result in poor ticket sales which will generate revenue losses.

The team can move at any time of course, but it would be on the hook for lease payments until the end of the 25 year lease. But that would be a large chunk of change.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

I think the rule is they have to show 3 years of negative net income.  Bottom line losses.  Not revenue losses.   The problem is, it's almost impossible for a team to lose money these days with the way the TV money is shared.  So, they won't get out of the lease like that.  

IF they wanted to get out of the lease, they would just move and pay the damages called for in the lease, which as I recall would add up to about $100 million.  

Quote:Pretty sure my whole section was ready to charge the field at this point. Luckily there were too many Vikings fans holding us back.
I got a huge chuckle out of this visual!  Thanks.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I think the rule is they have to show 3 years of negative net income.  Bottom line losses.  Not revenue losses.   The problem is, it's almost impossible for a team to lose money these days with the way the TV money is shared.  So, they won't get out of the lease like that.  

IF they wanted to get out of the lease, they would just move and pay the damages called for in the lease, which as I recall would add up to about $100 million.  

I don't think that is correct, since the city's only interest is having the team's tickets revenue. The city get's a portion of each ticket sold. The other thing to consider is the team only participates in revenue sharing league wide if it's within 90% of the average attendance. So again, poor performance = poor ticket sales = no participation in league wide revenue sharing.

Once again, the team can move and still pay off the lease. It's not a show stopper. But poor play can contribute to the team moving which is the issue being discussed.

Regards...................the Chiefjag

It's hard to know something that has not been known to not happen before if the jaguars move they are happen before

Quote:I don't think that is correct, since the city's only interest is having the team's tickets revenue. The city get's a portion of each ticket sold. The other thing to consider is the team only participates in revenue sharing league wide if it's within 90% of the average attendance. So again, poor performance = poor ticket sales = no participation in league wide revenue sharing.

Once again, the team can move and still pay off the lease. It's not a show stopper. But poor play can contribute to the team moving which is the issue being discussed.

Regards...................the Chiefjag
I still maintain the overwhelmingly strongest factor that drives NFL franchise relocation is stadium issues.

That said, following the discussion you and Marty are having, there is, I think, a very underrated factor that could sneak into the equation, assuming producing a bad team to facilitate a move to London is Khan's endgame.

Part of the argument against having a team in London full time are the problems with travel.

The prevailing thought has been the travel demands would be too taxing on the team that visits London to make scheduling viable.

However, this year, Indy became the first team ever to travel to London for a regular season game and not follow it up with an immediate bye week.  In fact, the Colts beat the Bears 29-23.  The implications here should be obvious.  If a team is NOT put at a competitive disadvantage for travel to and from London, then having a team there full time becomes something of a more viable proposition.

Of course, there are myriad other issues that potentially make having a team in London full time that make such a move potentially less than optimally tenable, including taxation (of individuals, the team, and the league), citizenship, cases of players/coaches with felonies, etc.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:It isn't hard to believe at this point. Most talking heads seem to agree that it is nearly impossible to be as bad as we are, considering the level of parity in the league.

Most talking heads saw our potent offense last year and defensive upgrades in the offseason. All logic pointed toward being good enough to compete for a division title. Nobody could have seen what was coming. The same coaches including Greg Olson can't do this with better players, can they? And this season we have been relatively healthy except for Jared Odrick. So yeah, it is nearly impossible to be as bad as we are.