Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The jags are in the news again

Quote:It's hard to know something that has not been known to not happen before if the jaguars move they are happen before

Anyone who watches Jaguars home games as seen major stadium upgrades. I have been saying all year if Shad Khan had any thoughts about moving this team he would not have spent millions of dollars on that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I still maintain the overwhelmingly strongest factor that drives NFL franchise relocation is stadium issues.

That said, following the discussion you and Marty are having, there is, I think, a very underrated factor that could sneak into the equation, assuming producing a bad team to facilitate a move to London is Khan's endgame.

Part of the argument against having a team in London full time are the problems with travel.

The prevailing thought has been the travel demands would be too taxing on the team that visits London to make scheduling viable.

However, this year, Indy became the first team ever to travel to London for a regular season game and not follow it up with an immediate bye week.  In fact, the Colts beat the Bears 29-23.  The implications here should be obvious.  If a team is NOT put at a competitive disadvantage for travel to and from London, then having a team there full time becomes something of a more viable proposition.

Of course, there are myriad other issues that potentially make having a team in London full time that make such a move potentially less than optimally tenable, including taxation (of individuals, the team, and the league), citizenship, cases of players/coaches with felonies, etc.

But it was the Bears. That's like beating, well, us. 

Quote:But it was the Bears. That's like beating, well, us. 

I hate it when people say this. A win is a win. When the season is over (REALLY over) all people see is 2-14 or whatever we end up being. Fans of 30 other teams have to look up our 2016 schedule to see our second win was at Chicago and one of Chicago's losses was to the Jaguars.

Quote:Most talking heads saw our potent offense last year and defensive upgrades in the offseason. All logic pointed toward being good enough to compete for a division title. Nobody could have seen what was coming. The same coaches including Greg Olson can't do this with better players, can they? And this season we have been relatively healthy except for Jared Odrick. So yeah, it is nearly impossible to be as bad as we are.
you can't say no one saw this comeing because one on here did,and it was me. no one wanted to belieave me back in augest when i said 2-14. now jags are 3 loses away from that plus an 11 game loseing streak as well cause if jags lose out it will be 11 loses in a row.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Quote: Nobody could have seen what was coming. 

Somebody saw this coming...  And he's a member of The Jungle...

Quote:you can't say no one saw this comeing because one on here did,and it was me. no one wanted to belieave me back in augest when i said 2-14. now jags are 3 loses away from that plus an 11 game loseing streak as well cause if jags lose out it will be 11 loses in a row.

I think after that Sunday night pre-season game against the Bengals, alot of people (including myself) were very concerned.  Especially when Collinsworth pointed out the terrible throwing motion of BB6.

But I don't think anyone had the guts to call it out the way you did, snowy...  props.

Quote:Somebody saw this coming...  And he's a member of The Jungle...

That somebody is not a "talking head" in the media . . .

Quote:I think after that Sunday night pre-season game against the Bengals, alot of people (including myself) were very concerned.  Especially when Collinsworth pointed out the terrible throwing motion of BB6.

But I don't think anyone had the guts to call it out the way you did, snowy...  props.

I predicted 6-10.

Turns out I was an optimist.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:That somebody is not a "talking head" in the media . . .

So?

Quote:I still maintain the overwhelmingly strongest factor that drives NFL franchise relocation is stadium issues.

That said, following the discussion you and Marty are having, there is, I think, a very underrated factor that could sneak into the equation, assuming producing a bad team to facilitate a move to London is Khan's endgame.

Part of the argument against having a team in London full time are the problems with travel.

The prevailing thought has been the travel demands would be too taxing on the team that visits London to make scheduling viable.

However, this year, Indy became the first team ever to travel to London for a regular season game and not follow it up with an immediate bye week.  In fact, the Colts beat the Bears 29-23.  The implications here should be obvious.  If a team is NOT put at a competitive disadvantage for travel to and from London, then having a team there full time becomes something of a more viable proposition.

Of course, there are myriad other issues that potentially make having a team in London full time that make such a move potentially less than optimally tenable, including taxation (of individuals, the team, and the league), citizenship, cases of players/coaches with felonies, etc.

I hear what you are saying, but again the issue was raised that teams don't move because of poor play. They move because of stadium issues. Which I said became an issue in Jacksonville because poor play could lead to the stadium lease being voided. There was not a mention of London.

But I can offer my opinion on the London issue, whether it be Jaguars or any other team. To facilitate the travel pressures the London team could play all home games the first 8 weeks of the season, then relocate to the central part of America (Memphis perhaps) to play their remaining 8 away games. The personnel could own homes in  Memphis and simply reside in London for the 8 game stretch. This could work as a temporary work visa with the UK. The team would have a relatively short travel to any other venue within the States. I'm certain the power and money of the NFL could make it work to acquire the European market.

Regards...................the Chiefjag

Quote:I predicted 6-10.

You need to take off your teal colored glasses!  Stop drinking the Gus Juice!!  And for cripes sakes change your teal colored font!   :thumbsup:

Quote:I hear what you are saying, but again the issue was raised that teams don't move because of poor play. They move because of stadium issues. Which I said became an issue in Jacksonville because poor play could lead to the stadium lease being voided. There was not a mention of London.

But I can offer my opinion on the London issue, whether it be Jaguars or any other team. To facilitate the travel pressures the London team could play all home games the first 8 weeks of the season, then relocate to the central part of America (Memphis perhaps) to play their remaining 8 away games. The personnel could own homes in  Memphis and simply reside in London for the 8 game stretch. This could work as a temporary work visa with the UK. The team would have a relatively short travel to any other venue within the States. I'm certain the power and money of the NFL could make it work to acquire the European market.

Regards...................the Chiefjag

There was an extensive article about this.  You would still have a stateside operation for practice, scouting and travel purposes.  Imagine the owner doing us a solid and the preseason and 1 regular season game being in Jacksonville.

:nuke:  Sick  :nuke: 

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:I predicted 6-10.

You were a pessimist. When most people in the media (who of course know a lot more than average fans on a message board) and the team itself expect a winning record anyone who predicted only six wins this year is just spouting more of the usual negativity I see here every day. Seriously, did anyone who actually knows the team well predict a losing record before Week 1?

Quote:There was an extensive article about this. You would still have a stateside operation for practice, scouting and travel purposes. Imagine the owner doing us a solid and the preseason and 1 regular season game being in Jacksonville.

:nuke: Sick :nuke:
he might even give us 2 reg season games if we are good!

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:You were a pessimist. When most people in the media (who of course know a lot more than average fans on a message board) and the team itself expect a winning record anyone who predicted only six wins this year is just spouting more of the usual negativity I see here every day. Seriously, did anyone who actually knows the team well predict a losing record before Week 1?

Snowy did.

You watch too much TV, seriously, its bad for you. Being on TV is no indicator of increased knowledge at all.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:You were a pessimist. When most people in the media (who of course know a lot more than average fans on a message board) and the team itself expect a winning record anyone who predicted only six wins this year is just spouting more of the usual negativity I see here every day. Seriously, did anyone who actually knows the team well predict a losing record before Week 1?

Snowwolf led the way with his prediction but many people on this Message Board predicted the Jaguars to have a losing record this season.  

I'm far from convinced that most people in the media know more than the average person on a message board like this one.    Especially,  the national media. 

Quote:Snowy did.

You watch too much TV, seriously, its bad for you. Being on TV is no indicator of increased knowledge at all.

I got this stuff from NFL.com FYI.

Quote:Somebody saw this coming...  And he's a member of The Jungle...

Smell that?

Love is in the air.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:  Snowwolf led the way with his prediction but many people on this Message Board predicted the Jaguars to have a losing record this season.  

I'm far from convinced that most people in the media know more than the average person on a message board like this one.    Especially,  the national media. 

I doubt the intelligence of many board posters (not you, of course) and by what the NFL.com writers say in an objective manner. I ignore Snow because he only brings up negative stuff with no insight on the team.

Quote:I doubt the intelligence of many board posters (not you, of course) and by what the NFL.com writers say in an objective manner. I ignore Snow because he only brings up negative stuff with no insight on the team.

The NFL.Com writers might be more objective.  However,  it's hard to imagine them spending more time and energy following the Jaguars like a multitude of people that participate here do and the way I follow the Lions.   

Snowwolf was once as positive about the Jaguars as anyone on this planet.   One season,  he picked them to win the Super Bowl.   His videos were ultra passionate!   Yet,  this decade,  he's put much more into rooting for the team than has been given back from the team in terms of wins and good performances.  

I disagree that doesn't provide insight.   The truth of the matter is he saw a problematic situation with the Jaguars that I didn't see and many others that participate here didn't see.   People express their points differently.   I strongly believe that I've learned a great amount from Snowwolf over the years,  including things that are even more important than the results of NFL games  ( which i care greatly about. ).