Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl?
Seattle Seahawks
Denver Broncos
[Show Results]

Who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl?

Quote:The Jaguars asked him to cut weight and he wouldn't/couldn't do it. With that said, the Broncos apparently dont care how big he gets and he has played pretty well.

I cant root for Mincey. The way he treated this coaching staff after all the positive comments they have been receiving is beyond me.

Are you sure he never tried to lose weight? I have not heard of anybody trying to lose weight not gaining it back. Don't be so hard on him without knowing if he made no attempt to lose weight.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I hate to take it further off topic, but I thought the staff asked him to gain the weight, which lead to his drop in production to begin with.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I hate to take it further off topic, but I thought the staff asked him to gain the weight, which lead to his drop in production to begin with.

The nickname Pot Roast makes me think his problem was being too heavy in camp. Because JDR is still coaching him I think David Caldwell just did not see him as a long-term solution at DT and even if he did not have a weight problem, he would have been gone.

Back on topic: Does anyone else want one player to do well while rooting for the other team?

I can't root against Derrick Coleman, who mostly plays on special teams. If he does a good job blocking a Bronco, that is fine with me. I just hope he is the only good blocker on Seattle's kickoff team.

Seattle. I can't stand Denver's bandwagon media.

No one cared until Manning arrived.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Seattle. I can't stand Denver's bandwagon media.

No one cared until Manning arrived.

What do you mean no one cared? Everybody cared when Tim Tebow was there.

Quote:The nickname Pot Roast makes me think his problem was being too heavy in camp. Because JDR is still coaching him I think David Caldwell just did not see him as a long-term solution at DT and even if he did not have a weight problem, he would have been gone.

The nickname Pot Roast came from a food order on the team plane early in his career. As I understand it, the stewardess called out "Pot Roast" and he responded. The veterans dubbed him Pot Roast on the spot.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:The nickname Pot Roast makes me think his problem was being too heavy in camp. Because JDR is still coaching him I think David Caldwell just did not see him as a long-term solution at DT and even if he did not have a weight problem, he would have been gone.

He mentioned Mincey in the same post.  My bad... I thought it was about him.

Yeah... Jags did try to slim Pot Roast.

Probably better off leaving both alone.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

ol jughead or the team that the Jags are being modeled after? HMMMMM

@OnGuardJax

Quote:What do you mean no one cared? Everybody cared when Tim Tebow was there.
Everybody cared about Tebow. No one cared about the Broncos.

Take it from someone who actually lives here.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Everybody cared about Tebow. No one cared about the Broncos.

Take it from someone who actually lives here.

You sounded like nobody cared about Tebow either.

Quote:The nickname Pot Roast came from a food order on the team plane early in his career. As I understand it, the stewardess called out "Pot Roast" and he responded. The veterans dubbed him Pot Roast on the spot.

No, I think they were given 2 options like fish or chicken but Terrance opted for a third, 'pot roast!' Chuckles ensued and a nickname was born.

Quote:No, I think they were given 2 options like fish or chicken but Terrance opted for a third, 'pot roast!' Chuckles ensued and a nickname was born.

Whatever, it is obvious he loves to eat pot roast. That is an interesting way to get a nickname for sure.

Expect to hear it again during Super Bowl 48. I have been hearing it during Broncos games this season.

Quote:Whatever, it is obvious he loves to eat pot roast. That is an interesting way to get a nickname for sure.

Expect to hear it again during Super Bowl 48. I have been hearing it during Broncos games this season.

He actually doesn't.  He's only eaten it once, and isn't fond of it.

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2...oncos.html

Quote:He actually doesn't. He's only eaten it once, and isn't fond of it.

So people should not call him Pot Roast. A nickname is supposed to say something about a person.

According to the article, Kotite is almost correct. The flight attendant said, "Pot roast? Pot roast?" and he raised his hand.

Back to the topic, is anybody rooting for the Broncos just because Pot Roast - err, Terrance Knighton - is on the roster?

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2014, 07:45 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

Quote:Are you sure he never tried to lose weight? I have not heard of anybody trying to lose weight not gaining it back. Don't be so hard on him without knowing if he made no attempt to lose weight.

He did try to lost the weight, but his eye injury from a fight IMO had put the icing on the cake for him being let go.

Quote:So people should not call him Pot Roast. A nickname is supposed to say something about a person.

According to the article, Kotite is almost correct. The flight attendant said, "Pot roast? Pot roast?" and he raised his hand.

What A.K.A would you give him?

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Pot Roast was given an offer by the Jags. They wanted him to stay. I think it was a combination of just wanting a new start in a new city, and a slightly better offer.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:He did try to lost the weight, but his eye injury from a fight IMO had put the icing on the cake for him being let go.

What A.K.A would you give him?

I don't know why an eye injury would have anything to do with it. A Steelers player was shot in a bar years ago and did not have any risk of losing his job.

Terry.

Quote:Pot Roast was given an offer by the Jags. They wanted him to stay. I think it was a combination of just wanting a new start in a new city, and a slightly better offer.

It did not sound that way last year. David Caldwell talked about the future defensive line without naming Terrance Knighton before he was officially gone.

Quote:I don't know why an eye injury would have anything to do with it. A Steelers player was shot in a bar years ago and did not have any risk of losing his job.

Terry.

He had issues with his weight and the orginization was getting impatient, the fight and eye injury sealed his fate here.

Melissa.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.