Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Aqib Talib is a FA?

Why no talk about the Jags possibly signing him? 

Too good?....

He's probably the best CB in the entire sport right now. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The best CB in the NFL???

Huh

I didn't know Richard Sherman retired already.

Best CB In the NFL Right now?

Captain Munnerlyn is better, and younger.  So is Vontae Davis and Sam Shields.  And that's just restricting it to Free Agents.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Are you kidding? Talib is not that good.

Quote:Are you kidding? Talib is not that good.

Without Talib, the Patriots don't come close to reaching the AFCC game. 

But, yes, lets all pretend as if Talib "isn't than good". I'd take him over Sherman in a do or die game, thats for sure. 

Quote:But, yes, lets all pretend as if Talib "isn't than good". I'd take him over Sherman in a do or die game, thats for sure. 

...And you wonder why you don't have a job with an NFL Front Office.

Why would anyone want to play for the Jaguars outside the money? We need to build through the draft, UDFAs, and under the radar FAs. When we're a winning organization, big names may seriously consider playing for the Jags

Quote:Best CB In the NFL Right now?

Captain Munnerlyn is better, and younger.  So is Vontae Davis and Sam Shields.  And that's just restricting it to Free Agents.

Captain Munnerlyn didn't play all that well the other day...,

Vontae Davis?? lolz. 

Sam Shields? 

You're listing "good" CB, not great ones. 

Quote:...And you wonder why you don't have a job with an NFL Front Office.

Talib is one of the few "stars" that Patriots defense has. Sherman is merely one of many high quality players on the best defensive talent as a team in the NFL. 

In a one game, do or die game, and I had to pick one CB in the NFL to cover one of the best WR in the league in man coverage.....its not even a contest. I'd take Talib all day. 

Quote:Best CB In the NFL Right now?

NOPE

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

If the Jags signed him then you'd say "eh....he's not that great.."

Huh

Sure thing, Gene Smith.  You fall in love with guys just like he did.  Chip Kelly.  Bill O'Brien.  Aqib Talib.  Ryan Mallett. Dan LeFevour.

Quote:NOPE

YEP

Quote:If the Jags signed him then you'd say "eh....he's not that great.."

No, and it don't matter anyway, we don't sign top notch level players in FA anymore. We sign average to good ones at overpriced deals and then go on spin patrol. (Session/ Landry/ Pashos)....

Come on guys, he's absolutely the 'best CB in the league' (solely for the purposes of making this thread).

Man, I can't believe you guys don't know how this works yet.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Sure thing, Gene Smith.  You fall in love with guys just like he did.  Chip Kelly.  Bill O'Brien.  Aqib Talib.  Ryan Mallett. Dan LeFevour.

YEP
talib is in the top 3 corners in the game today, revis, sherman are the other 2. sam shields? come on. vontae davis is inconsistent. if he could always play at his best then he could be in the discussion for top 5. id probably put captain munnerlyn in the top 10 right now.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2014, 02:44 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:talib is in the top 3 corners in the game today, revis, sherman are the other 2. sam shields? come on. vontae davis is inconsistent. if he could always play at his best then he could be in the discussion for top 5. id probably put captain munnerlyn in the top 10 right now.

The Vontae Davis & Sam Shields inclusions were laughable. They aren't close to being "the best CB in the sport". 

Sherman? ok...he belongs at least. Revis when healthy? Yep. And Talib. 

Quote:If the Jags signed him then you'd say "eh....he's not that great.."
Bingo.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:No, and it don't matter anyway, we don't sign top notch level players in FA anymore. We sign average to good ones at overpriced deals and then go on spin patrol. (Session/ Landry/ Pashos)....
you keep on living in the past

the rest of us are just judging what Caldwell has done