Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Aqib Talib is a FA?

Quote:Talib left both of the last 2 AFC Championship games with injuries and arguably cost the Patriots dearly in both. In addition to injury problems, he has had off the field issues in the past. I love the guy but I don't see giving him big FA money..

I love him even more now- he has the same birthday as me (also Randy Moss and Jerry Springer), he'll be 28 next month.
This is my biggest concern with Taleb, the Pats arguably lost both games because he left. I mean its probably a fluke, but getting knocked out of two AFC title games is a bit much, and he had some injury issues the other parts of the year too. But when is healthy, he is good. Its like Bob Sanders, when Indy finally got him the whole playoffs/most of the season, they win the Superbowl. Talib is a similar catalyst IMO.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Okay hold on

MICHAEL CRABTREE IS THE MOST OVERRATED WR I HAVE EVER SEEN. 

Crabtree has done nothing to warrant the love he's gotten recently. 

No he is pretty good.  All you have to do is watch the games and you would realize this. 

I would take Crabtree over Shorts any day. 

Sorry, but it's true. 

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2014, 11:52 PM by Swaguars.)

Quote:No he is pretty good.  All you have to do is watch the games and you would realize this. 

Sorry, but it's true. 
Sorry, but no it's not. Crabtree became the most overrated WR when the 49ers started winning, before that he was considered a possible bust. He's average at best and only a fool would take him over Shorts. Unlike Crabtree, Shorts made Sherman work for his money. 

EDIT: Also your credibility was shattered last off season when you tried to argue that Gabbert was better than Henne so please think before you talk from now on. 

Quote:When someone completely takes Jimmy Graham out of a playoff game, it usually means they are pretty freakin good. Sherman moved to Revis island and took over. Revis now visits during the off season

Jimmy Graham was playing hurt by the end of the season. It was clear. He didn't do much vs the Eagles, either. 

Quote:No he is pretty good.  All you have to do is watch the games and you would realize this. 

Sorry, but it's true. 

Shorts > Crabtree, and this is from a CP3O razzer. 

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2014, 12:12 AM by trunt87.)

Quote:Sorry, but no it's not. Crabtree became the most overrated WR when the 49ers started winning, before that he was considered a possible bust. He's average at best and only a fool would take him over Shorts. Unlike Crabtree, Shorts made Sherman work for his money. 

EDIT: Also your credibility was shattered last off season when you tried to argue that Gabbert was better than Henne so please think before you talk from now on. 

Coming from the male version of Jaguar woman?  That is hilarious. 

I remember going to a practice last off season, coming to this board and specifically saying that Henne was better than Gabbert.  But yes, I did say Gabbert played well in the Jets preseason game, which he did. 

Oh yeah, Crabtree actually makes contested catches.  Shorts not so much.  And Shorts did nothing in that Seahawks game until the Jags were down by 40. 

And I like Shorts, I just think Crabtree is better. 

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2014, 12:12 AM by GreeceMonkE.)

Man his post game rant, which honestly wasn't even that bad (people are acting like he was beating a woman, got a DUI, etc), has people speaking crazy. He definitely is the top corner in the league right now, esp when comparing him to Talib.

Anyway Talib has been in the league 6 years and has 69 pass deflections, 23 INTs, and 2 forces fumbles (242 tackles)

Sherman has been in the league 3 years and has 57 pass deflections, 20 INTs, and 4 forced fumbles (168 tackles)

......it doesn't take much to see who is better......

Any chance we move on Browner if he's reinstated?

Quote:Without Talib, the Patriots don't come close to reaching the AFCC game. 

But, yes, lets all pretend as if Talib "isn't than good". I'd take him over Sherman in a do or die game, thats for sure. 
Sherman is overrated and gets a ton of help from Earl Thomas but I'd still take him over Talib.

Talib is good but he's not Sherman good. There's a couple CBs I'd take over Talib, including but not limited to Patrick Peterson.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2014, 08:27 AM by Predator.)

The jags are rebuilding. They are looking for players who will be an impact 4,5,6 years down the road.

Next year will be his 7th season, a little too old for our time frame. We are looking for guys coming off their first contract, not their second. We need long term guys.

He is the type of player that a team who feels they are only a few pieces away will overspend for, so there is really no point for us to get into his market.

HandsomeRob, the Bob Sanders comparison is a good one. When Talib is healthy, he makes everyone in that Patriots secondary better; when he's not, they lose AFC Championship games.

On Crabtree/Shorts, I agree with Trunt right now, that Crabtree>Shorts. I may change my mind by Noon though.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Talib is a nice talent, and I'm sure that I'm echoing someone's previous post here, but I wouldn't feel comfortable giving Free Agent Cornerback money to a player that has never played a full season. For whatever reason, he has to sit out games and it's tough to help the team on the Sideline.

Is he worth having on the roster? Sure, I think he'd like to play, especially since he won't have to face Steve Smith and get torched on a regular basis while in the AFC South.

Is he worth paying big time money to? Nah, save the money for someone who can be on the field on a more regular basis.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Any chance we move on Browner if he's reinstated?

I would say there is a 95% chance of that happening.

isn't he close to social security?