Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Aqib Talib is a FA?

There is a reason he is a FA and not signed long Term.

Pass

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The Vontae Davis & Sam Shields inclusions were laughable. They aren't close to being "the best CB in the sport". 

Sherman? ok...he belongs at least. Revis when healthy? Yep. And Talib. 

Quote:talib is in the top 3 corners in the game today, revis, sherman are the other 2. sam shields? come on. vontae davis is inconsistent. if he could always play at his best then he could be in the discussion for top 5. id probably put captain munnerlyn in the top 10 right now.

Talib isn't in the Top 3, and certainly nowhere near the best CB in the league.  He can be just as inconsistent as Davis too. 

If Talib was the best CB in the league -- he was traded for a 4th.  Which is less than we got for Eugene Monroe.  

Talib is a good CB.  But I wouldn't put him up on a pedestal. 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Oh please.....lets stop acting as if Talib was got for cheap because of talent, or lack thereof. 

Talib was got for cheap because of the off field issues and you know it, or should....

Sherman is hands down better than talib

Mad dog, Talib is good. Top ten good. He is no where close to the best however. His flaw isnt his talent or technique. He is just not available all the time. If he isnt in trouble (which it seems he has gotten control of it) he gets banged up. Sherman is by far the best. Although the gap between him and Peterson is not very wide.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:Sherman is hands down better than talib

Why, because he plays on an already great defense like the Seahawks?

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2014, 03:53 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Mad dog, Talib is good. Top ten good. He is no where close to the best however. His flaw isnt his talent or technique. He is just not available all the time. If he isnt in trouble (which it seems he has gotten control of it) he gets banged up. Sherman is by far the best. Although the gap between him and Peterson is not very wide.

All I know is when Talib is there, the opponents best WR (which he always gets unlike some so called great CB) is almost always taken out of the game. Thats why I made the comment of if I could pick 1 CB for one game in man coverage, winner takes all, I'm taking Talib and laughing all the way to the bank. 

Talib is the best CB behind Sherman, I wanted us to sign him last year so bad when he hit FA but the Pats ended up resigning.. he's still very young and very good. He fits our scheme as well. 

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2014, 04:24 PM by carly.)

Hasn't he been hurt/in trouble quit a bit lately? Prior to signing with the Pats, I seem to remember him hardly playing at all in Tampa in recent years.

On Wisconsin.

Quote:Hasn't he been hurt/in trouble quit a bit lately? Prior to signing with the Pats, I seem to remember him hardly playing at all in Tampa in recent years.
If Tampa would have kept him.. my god him + Revis would have been the best CB duo in history. 

Quote:If Tampa would have kept him.. my god him + Revis would have been the best CB duo in history. 

no, no no....maybe if they had Sam Shields and Vontae Davis, that would be....Or Captain Cruncherlin LOL!!!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Quote:In a one game, do or die game, and I had to pick one CB in the NFL to cover one of the best WR in the league in man coverage.....its not even a contest. I'd take Talib all day.

Well, we saw what Sherman did on a do or die play to help put settle in the Super bowl.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2014, 05:03 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Well, we saw what Sherman did on a do or die play to help put settle in the Super bowl.

Stick his hand up and pray, ....and then act like a donkey 5 minutes later? :ermm:

Quote:If Tampa would have kept him.. my god him + Revis would have been the best CB duo in history. 

So you and TMD think that Talib will end up in the Hall of Fame?  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Talib is a very good player, and play-maker. 

Does he have some injury problems, and off the field issues?  Sure, but he is just what this team is missing.  A play-maker/game changer.  

Quote:Talib is a very good player, and play-maker. 

Does he have some injury problems, and off the field issues?  Sure, but he is just what this team is missing.  A play-maker/game changer.  

YEP!!!

Quote:Stick his hand up and pray, ....and then act like a donkey 5 minutes later? :ermm:

Uhhhh no. He tipped a ball to his teammate and won the game.

He's like 58 on pff too. I know not everyone agrees with their rankings but the good players are normally near the top. 3 jags players rank above btw.

Talib is not better than Patrick Petterson

I'm not sure I want a DB that can be taken out of a game by Wes Welker.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2014, 05:19 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I'm not sure I want a DB that can be taken out of a game by Wes Welker.

Any player can be taken out of a game by a dirty play regardless of who the perp is.