Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Aqib Talib is a FA?

Quote:I'm not sure I want a DB that can be taken out of a game by Wes Welker.

Your kidding right?  Pretty dumb comment right there. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Any player can be taken out of a game by a dirty play regardless of who the perp is. 

LOL "Dirty Play"

I guess Belichick knows something about being dirty, but that was in no way a dirty play.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:LOL "Dirty Play"

I guess Belichick knows something about being dirty, but that was in no way a dirty play.

Belichick disagrees with you

http://www.businessinsider.com/belichick...hit-2014-1

Talib is good, but always seems to get hurt in big games. Kiss of death.

Vontae Davis? 

He was getting absolutely torched the second half of the season. 

Quote:Belichick disagrees with you

sour grapes, didn't one of his WRs take DRC out in the same game?

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2014, 06:15 PM by jtmoney.)

Quote:Stick his hand up and pray, ....and then act like a donkey 5 minutes later? :ermm:

What does him acting like a donkey have anything to do with what I said? Oh so he didn't put himself in that position to make a play? Not to mention he shut down his side of the field the whole game.

Quote:Stick his hand up and pray, ....and then act like a donkey 5 minutes later? :ermm:

As opposed to acting like a donkey a little later than that and saying "17 points?  We're only going to score 17 points?"  and then not even scoring 17 points?

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Talib is a total slug. He's not all that good to begin with. All I need to know is that his act got him run out of Tampa for being a clown and a thug. He wouldn't be worth ANY offer.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2014, 07:17 PM by Scarecrow.)

Quote:No, and it don't matter anyway, we don't sign top notch level players in FA anymore. We sign average to good ones at overpriced deals and then go on spin patrol. (Session/ Landry/ Pashos)....

None of which were signed by the current FO.  I don't like to rail on you like most do around here but this post is flat out irrelevant towards the current FO.  They did nothing in their one offseason to show you they would do what you've said in your post.  Stop complaining about the past and try joining us in the present.

Quote:In a one game, do or die game, and I had to pick one CB in the NFL to cover one of the best WR in the league in man coverage.....its not even a contest. I'd take Talib all day. 

Great, I'll take the guy that this past weekend was in a "do or die" game and made the play at the end to seal the deal.  Sherman is playing at a level  nobody else is right now.  He's at Revis Island level.  Talib is not.  Period.  

Quote:sour grapes, didn't one of his WRs take DRC out in the same game?

It wasn't the same type of play.  The play that Edelman (I think that's who it was) hit DRC was well after the Pats player made the catch, it wasn't a pick play.  It was a block.  Regardless Hoodie should have kept his mouth shut about the Welker play.  They all do it and the Patriots are the last team that should be complaining about doing anything questionable or dirty.  

Quote:Belichick disagrees with you

Like anyone gives a crap.

The man's a known cheater himself. 

As for Talib, we really need another guy to give a ton of money to spend the season on IR?

Quote: 

Great, I'll take the guy that this past weekend was in a "do or die" game and made the play at the end to seal the deal.  Sherman is playing at a level  nobody else is right now.  He's at Revis Island level.  Talib is not.  Period.  

lol, Sherman is not on Revis Island level....he made the play against Michael friggin Crabtree.....THats like making a play vs Reggie Williams and being all proud...Crabtree ain't all that. 

Quote:lol, Sherman is not on Revis Island level....he made the play against Michael friggin Crabtree.....THats like making a play vs Reggie Williams and being all proud...Crabtree ain't all that. 
Crabtree is pretty frigging good. 

No it is nothing like making a play against Reggie friggin Williams. 

I am sorry, but if you don't think the friggin play Sherman friggin made was a great play then you have no friggin business watching a friggin football game. 

Quote:lol, Sherman is not on Revis Island level....he made the play against Michael friggin Crabtree.....THats like making a play vs Reggie Williams and being all proud...Crabtree ain't all that. 

I will give you that Crabtree is not "the best WR in the NFL" but Sherman still came up big in the biggest moment of the season for his team.  He got the job done and has over multiple seasons.  If Talib wasn't on the media darling Pats we'd never hear about him.  He's average to above average at his best.  He's good not great.  I'm not saying he's a bad corner.  He's not Richard Sherman and it isn't that close.

Talib left both of the last 2 AFC Championship games with injuries and arguably cost the Patriots dearly in both. In addition to injury problems, he has had off the field issues in the past. I love the guy but I don't see giving him big FA money..

I love him even more now- he has the same birthday as me (also Randy Moss and Jerry Springer), he'll be 28 next month.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Quote:Your kidding right?  Pretty dumb comment right there. 
The NFL ruled it legal:

Welker punks Talib.

Welker didn't go high, and didn't go after Talib's knees, so it's not dirty.  The worst you could call it is offensive pass interference.

Welker is 5'9", 185, and 32 years old with a recent concussion history, and he's the one that got to finish the game.  Forgive me if the whole incident makes me think Talib may be a little, er, delicate.

Quote:Crabtree is pretty frigging good. 

No it is nothing like making a play against Reggie friggin Williams. 

I am sorry, but if you don't think the friggin play Sherman friggin made was a great play then you have no friggin business watching a friggin football game. 
Okay hold on

MICHAEL CRABTREE IS THE MOST OVERRATED WR I HAVE EVER SEEN. 

Crabtree has done nothing to warrant the love he's gotten recently. 

I have talib behind Sherman, Peterson, Haden revis and flowers maybe even Tillman when healthy but all that being said he's a true number 1 corner that's going to want to get paid! I can't see Caldwell dropping money on him this offseason

When someone completely takes Jimmy Graham out of a playoff game, it usually means they are pretty freakin good. Sherman moved to Revis island and took over. Revis now visits during the off season
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."