Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Richard Sherman on the people who call him "Thug"

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/20/richard-sh...-crabtree/

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What he did last night gives people a very good reason to call him a thug. I feel bad for Erin Andrews, who had to listen to his crap before asking him about the win.

But anyone who read his comments about Seahawks fans throwing popcorn at a 49ers player believed to have a torn ACL while he was being carted off might think he is not a thug, just a guy who hates Michael Crabtree.

Quote:What he did last night gives people a very good reason to call him a thug. I feel bad for Erin Andrews, who had to listen to his crap before asking him about the win.

But anyone who read his comments about Seahawks fans throwing popcorn at a 49ers player believed to have a torn ACL while he was being carted off might think he is not a thug, just a guy who hates Michael Crabtree.

Feel bad for Erin Andrews?  She probably loved that. 

To those who call him a thug based off of what he said is just crazy.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:To those who call him a thug based off of what he said is just crazy.

Well he also taunted Crabtree, which is why Crabtree smacked his helmet.

Quote:Well he also taunted Crabtree, which is why Crabtree smacked his helmet.
And that is what thugs do?

;

Quote:And that is what thugs do?

I'd assume thugs smack people on the helmet, rather than taunting them.

The word thug is thrown around so carelessly.  

I think people should be more offended by the responses Sherman received then his interview. 

This thing has been overblown and I don't understand why it's been made into such a big deal.  Part of the problem is society as a whole has become overly sensitive to things like this.  It was a big rivalry football game and emotions were high.  Maybe he should have kept his mouth shut but he likes to talk and he was still in "game mode" at that point too.  I don't have any issue with what he said, he's a confident guy that has passion for the game.  I don't think he's a dirty player, I don't think he's a thug, and I think people need to let it go.  I like Richard Sherman and I would take him here in a second.

Quote:Feel bad for Erin Andrews?  She probably loved that. 

She looked a bit frightened to me at first.  But yeah, I liked her sign off.  Nothing really she could add to that kind of rant.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:The word thug is thrown around so carelessly.  

I think people should be more offended by the responses Sherman received then his interview. 
It's a case of over exaggeration I think. That or just not knowing what a thug is.

;

Quote:I'd assume thugs smack people on the helmet, rather than taunting them.
Crabtree is a thug then?

;

I wouldn't call him a thug.

Full of himself?

100x over.

Like Deion Sanders on steroids, but with more trash talk.  Deion couldn't stop talking about himself (sometimes still can't.)

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Crabtree is a thug then?

If reports are true that he tried to fight Sherman at a Charity event, then he might be.

A Thug to me is the guy on the corner that refuses to make an honest living and either steals what he wants/needs or manipulates others to provide it for him. Being a hot head does not make you a thug.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I think the phrase of 'no class' is what we're looking for. That is all.

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:I wouldn't call him a thug.

Full of himself?

100x over.

Like Deion Sanders on steroids, but with more trash talk.  Deion couldn't stop talking about himself (sometimes still can't.)
I agree, and like I said in an earlier thread, Always unfortunate when a great player has to run his mouth. Pride comes before the fall. It's always true.

;

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2014, 04:43 PM by Ratix240sx.)

People who are upset about what he said must be pretty casual fans. That is a bitter rivalry and that was a tough physical oldschool type of game. Emotions were high and I assure you there was plenty of [BAD WORD REMOVED] talking out there by everyone. Outside of 49ers fans no one should be upset.  It wasn't so long ago we had a tough physical smash mouth team and if Seattle is any idication of what Gus will bring in the coming years then I think the team no body wants to play will be back.

Btw Aaron Hernandez is an example of a thug. Sherman is not even in the same ball park.

<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#ffcc00></FONT>[url=http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r74/Ratix240sx/?action=view&current=untitled5.jpg][/url]

Quote:If reports are true that he tried to fight Sherman at a Charity event, then he might be.
Not even that would make him a thug. Even if the Rumor were true.

;

Quote:People who are upset about what he said must be pretty casual fans. That is a bitter rivalry and that was a tough physical oldschool type of game. Emotions were high and I assure you there was plenty of [BAD WORD REMOVED] talking out there by everyone. Outside of 49ers fans no one should be upset.  It wasn't so long ago we had a tough physical smash mouth team and if Seattle is any idication of what Gus will bring in the coming years then I think the team no body wants to play will be back.
Trash talk is one thing in the game. It's part of it, the game within the game.

The crap after was unnecessary, but not "thug" behavior in the least.

;