Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Richard Sherman on the people who call him "Thug"

Quote:I get where you're coming from, especially as a coach. It was the display of everything you don't WANT your players doing after a game. He looked ignorant, arrogant and hot headed no denying it. I don't like it one bit, I would be embarrassed if I had anything to do with him honestly. But I don't see him as a thug because of it, an idiot sure, thug no.

I'd wager that's how most intelligent folks feel about it, too.

And like most of them, they were completely over the incident not very long after it happened.

But then continued the internet...

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2014, 05:17 PM by EricC85.)

Quote:I'd wager that's how most intelligent folks feel about it, too.

And like most of them, they were completely over the incident not very long after it happened.

oh the internet and its wonderful power..........

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Are you sure you watched either athlete? And what does it matter if the disparaged an opponent on the field of play or outside. I don't see the difference.
I watched both yes.

It doesn't matter? It doesn't matter if he did it on national television?

I can respect your opinion, just can't agree with it.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:I get where you're coming from, especially as a coach. It was the display of everything you don't WANT your players doing after a game. He looked ignorant, arrogant and hot headed no denying it. I don't like it one bit, I would be embarrassed if I had anything to do with him honestly. But I don't see him as a thug because of it, an idiot sure, thug no.
I am with you. I've been coaching the game since the day I stopped playing it. Almost 30 years total now (hard to believe as I'm almost 36!)

I never saw him as a thug either.

;

You said a lot with out saying much.

;

Quote:I am with you. I've been coaching the game since the day I stopped playing it. Almost 30 years total now (hard to believe as I'm almost 36!)

I never saw him as a thug either.

My only regret is not playing MORE organized sports as a kid, I guess it's why I was so excited to let my kids play so young.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2014, 09:03 PM by xJAGGYx.)

Sherman just got fined almost 8 thousand for unsportsmanlike conduct. For the choking gesture he got flagged on after the play though, not the interview.

I think that's fair.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2014, 09:28 PM by Dakota.)

Quote:Sherman just got fined almost 8 thousand for unsportsmanlike conduct. For the choking gesture he got flagged on after the play though, not the interview.
I would pay that any day if I were Sherman. He was blowing off steam after that loser crabtree spent 3 hours whining at him. The fact that he choked his own throat and not crabtree's shows how truly upstanding he truly is. Sherman's a better man than I am. I would have found my hands wrapped around a different throat. Smile

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

“No one has ever made himself great by showing how small someone else is,” Sherman writes in a new column for TheMMQB.com.  “That’s not mine.  It belongs to Irvin Himmel.  Somebody tweeted it at me after the NFC Championship Game.  If I could pass a lesson on to the kids it would be this:  Don’t attack anybody.  I shouldn’t have attacked Michael Crabtree the way I did.  You don’t have to put anybody else down to make yourself bigger.”

Quote:The word thug is thrown around so carelessly.  

I think people should be more offended by the responses Sherman received then his interview. 
That would never happen, because it would get in the way of good knee jerk reactions and the need to villify. 

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:That would never happen, because it would get in the way of good knee jerk reactions and the need to villify. 

I still dont get why people think he should get a free pass?  He admitted he was wrong for a few things now.  Distracting away from the team, demeaning an opponent, etc....

You may not have liked a word some people used to critize him, but those that were reacting to it negatively werent wrong.  You all want to give him a free pass now and say that those that think he acted like a fool were wrong.

It makes no sense to me.

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2014, 03:26 PM by badger.)

By "intelligent" you mean uptight white people.

Jk

P.s. im white so my comments cant be considered racist.

Quote:By "intelligent" you mean uptight white people.

Jk

Not racist, just not very intelligent at all.  But then, it's an understatement to point out that's stating the obvious.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:“No one has ever made himself great by showing how small someone else is,” Sherman writes in a new column for TheMMQB.com.  “That’s not mine.  It belongs to Irvin Himmel.  Somebody tweeted it at me after the NFC Championship Game.  If I could pass a lesson on to the kids it would be this:  Don’t attack anybody.  I shouldn’t have attacked Michael Crabtree the way I did.  You don’t have to put anybody else down to make yourself bigger.”

Nice to see Sherman has reflexed on his behavior, an also found it wanting.

Jk

so because I think he's a hot head and not a thug I'm an uptight white guy? please do explain..........

The nation got totally played by Sherman. If you watch the sequence of events, he was clearly putting on an act. He did an interview before Andrews grabbed him, and he was going off on Crabtree. Then Andrews grabs him, he smiles and hugs her. When the camera comes on, he goes back into his act.

Then for the next week, everybody is talking about him.

Brilliant.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Jk

Actually they can, just because you're white doesn't mean you can't hate that race. 

If he shuts down manning he is one of the best period.

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:The nation got totally played by Sherman. If you watch the sequence of events, he was clearly putting on an act. He did an interview before Andrews grabbed him, and he was going off on Crabtree. Then Andrews grabs him, he smiles and hugs her. When the camera comes on, he goes back into his act.

Then for the next week, everybody is talking about him.

Brilliant.

Well, he got everyone (or a majority of people) talking about race relations.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.