Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Richard Sherman on the people who call him "Thug"

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2014, 04:49 PM by Jinjo.)

Lol at the use of the word thug. People who say that really expose themselves. Its quite funny actually. 

People expect these players to lay their bodies, their livelehoods on the line, but dont want them to talk smack or show emotion afterwards? If you want to see athletes be politically correct all the time and not speak what they actually think go watch tennis. 

Before you judge Shermans character look up what hes done for charities and his community. Judging a person off how they talk about a bitter rival after an intense game is dumb, and whoever does it is dumb. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2014, 04:57 PM by JagsFan1.)

Quote:The word thug is thrown around so carelessly.

I think people should be more offended by the responses Sherman received then his interview.
This... This was the NFC Championship game vs a biter rival in the 9ers. Have y'all read some of the tweets on twitter going towards Sherm? He went after Crab on a ''football'' level. Folks are acting like he said racial comments or went after his family(which is what's happing to Sherm). Feel sorry for Andrews!!?? Lol! Really? I swear some of y'all wouldn't know a real Thug if he was standing right next to you. Remember people said MJD was a thug? Lol!

Quote:Lol at the use of the word thug. People who say that really expose themselves. Its quite funny actually.

People expect these players to lay their bodies, their livelehoods on the line, but dont want them to talk smack or show emotion afterwards? If you want to see athletes be politically correct all the time and not speak what they actually think go watch tennis.

Before you judge Shermans character look up what hes done for charities and his community. Judging a person off how they talk about a bitter rival after an intense game is dumb, and whoever does it is dumb.
This

I think JW is a message board thug. She constantly bullies people into reading her countless threads on the same thing every year. And if you don't agree with her? She calls you an idiot.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:A Thug to me is the guy on the corner that refuses to make an honest living and either steals what he wants/needs or manipulates others to provide it for him. Being a hot head does not make you a thug.

Good post.

Quote: I swear some of y'all wouldn't know a real Thug if he was standing right next to you.

Absolutely... but to be honest, the way the definition of the word has been bastardized in the last 20 years or so, you have to admit it's understandable.

When folks hear it misused, they tend to misuse it themselves.  Still no excuse, though.  Just laziness... they hear it, they say it.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:If reports are true that he tried to fight Sherman at a Charity event, then he might be.

That doesn't make him a thug. Sheesh.

I will never call somebody a thug who says his archrival's best player did not deserve to have popcorn thrown at him when he was sitting on a cart. But taunting and talking to Crabtree like that is thug behavior.

Quote:Good post.
Well, and then there's Aaron Hernandez.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Not getting the thug thing. I personally enjoyed his outburst. It showed a true level of disliking for Crabtree and the 49ers, which is something I think the NFL is missing now.

It's gone from being a true hate driven bloodsport as it was 30+ years ago to a bunch of highly paid guys sort of going hard in a sport then when the whistle blows they're all buddies again. I can understand why the players would want it to be that way, why go full out trying to kill the other guy and having them try to kill you when the gravy train can keep rolling for everyone. However, the game has lost something in that process.

It's why the most entertaining games are still the ones in which there's true bad blood between the participants. Ravens/Steelers of a few years ago is an excellent example.

Quote:I think JW is a message board thug. She constantly bullies people into reading her countless threads on the same thing every year. And if you don't agree with her? She calls you an idiot.

LOL That is a new one for me. I am the one being buillied on here, actually. I call people idiots when what they say is totally contrary to the truth, not every time someone disagrees with me.

Quote:Not getting the thug thing. I personally enjoyed his outburst. It showed a true level of disliking for Crabtree and the 49ers, which is something I think the NFL is missing now.

It's gone from being a true hate driven bloodsport as it was 30+ years ago to a bunch of highly paid guys sort of going hard in a sport then when the whistle blows they're all buddies again. I can understand why the players would want it to be that way, why go full out trying to kill the other guy and having them try to kill you when the gravy train can keep rolling for everyone. However, the game has lost something in that process.

It's why the most entertaining games are still the ones in which there's true bad blood between the participants. Ravens/Steelers of a few years ago is an excellent example.

My hearing loss got to me on this one. I thought Erin Andrews said, "We were not talking about you," which made me think Richard Sherman was talking to her. Bad ears, not a bad brain, made me hate him at that point.

I totally agree it was a rivalry thing because no two teams seem to hate each other more than the Seahawks and 49ers.

Quote:I will never call somebody a thug who says his archrival's best player did not deserve to have popcorn thrown at him when he was sitting on a cart. But taunting and talking to Crabtree like that is thug behavior.
No it's not.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:No it's not.

Somebody should look up the word thug in the dictionary to settle this.

Quote:Somebody should look up the word thug in the dictionary to settle this.
Until some one does, we may never know!

If only there were a third website on the internet besides jaguars.com and cat sweaters.com

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2014, 05:58 PM by ray_of_jaguar.)

Big difference between a thug and a guy who just cant keep his mouth shut

If Crabtree would have made that Superbowl clinching catch, Sherman would be exposed and his league leading Interception stat would be forgotten. All everyone would remember is he gave up that catch, to a guy who supposedly talked smack to them all season long. So his state of mind after making that play is understandable, given the circumstances

Definition of the word thug: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/thug

Quote:Definition of the word thug: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/thug

So Richard Sherman is a violent criminal in your opinion, JW?

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2014, 05:41 PM by Tommy.)

Quote:What he did last night gives people a very good reason to call him a thug. I feel bad for Erin Andrews, who had to listen to his crap before asking him about the win.

But anyone who read his comments about Seahawks fans throwing popcorn at a 49ers player believed to have a torn ACL while he was being carted off might think he is not a thug, just a guy who hates Michael Crabtree.
Why? Because he's passionate? LOL. He's not a thug. You want to know what a thug is? Move to Chicago. 

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Well, and then there's Aaron Hernandez.
Ding! Ding! Ding! But but Sherm talks ''football'' trash. Smh...