Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Richard Sherman on the people who call him "Thug"

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2014, 09:16 PM by TravC59.)

In a text to Ed Werder of ESPN, Sherman said "I apologize for attacking an individual and taking the attention away from the fantastic game by my teammates".

That was my only beef when I first saw this going around in the game thread.

edit - just saw the article. http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/sto...l-crabtree

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Somebody should look up the word thug in the dictionary to settle this.
Is yours broke?

;

Quote:No, I did not say that. I said "thug-like behavior." Specifically, the taunt was a choke sign. Choking someone else is being a violent criminal.
Got to stop.

;

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2014, 09:17 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

Quote:I agree to an extent but I doubt a 20 second comment added any ammo to someone else's already ignorant view, at least not in today's world.

No, it didnt add any ammo, but it sure did re-enforce some people's ignorant views.

Case and point, today while at work before I got off early, I was discussing the game with a few of my co-workers, and someone said ' Yall really do get turnt up when someone P-- yall off huh'?....' I thought he was gonna hit Andrews'.

To some people, that comment seems trivial, or minuscule, but again, it speaks to the generalization some people make of a race when they see some like Sherman acted the way he did.  

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:I think the phrase of 'no class' is what we're looking for. That is all.
/thread

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:/thread
Yup

;

Quote:I think the phrase of 'no class' is what we're looking for. That is all.
That's it.

;

Quote:No, I did not say that. I said "thug-like behavior." Specifically, the taunt was a choke sign. Choking someone else is being a violent criminal.
Well, some players like to choke or stimulate choking and others' physical violents to get them in the mood...

Just saw the post-game interview on the Bill O'Reilly Show The Factor......funny

Aaron Hernadez just released a statement saying Sherman pulled the trigger.

Ryan Braun claimed that Sherman introduced him to Biogenesis.

It is sad that on MLKJ Day, a black man is being called a racist or being hurled racial insults. How in the world did that happen?

It looks to me like he does not understand what people are criticizing him for. He accused people of criticizing him for being a good player, not for what he said on the sideline and in the press room.

Quote:LOL That is a new one for me. I am the one being buillied on here, actually. I call people idiots when what they say is totally contrary to the truth, not every time someone disagrees with me.

Sometimes your opinion isn't the truth.

Quote:And whoever is stereotyping someone based off of appearance is ignorant themselves. 

The point in relation to this thread is Sherman helped cement in some people minds that African Americans are loud, ignorant, and cant control themselves. He caused that by his verbal actions.

He was loud, ignorant, and he couldn't control himself. 

He's not a thug, he just can't control his emotions. 

Crabtree talked a lot of trash to the wrong guy, who in turn put his team in the Superbowl by shutting him down..... Not a thug move in my book.

Sherm is Sherm, you either love him or hate him. As a Seahawk fan of course I love him, but can understand, why fans of other teams hate his big mouth, but that's his personality. It's what keeps him motivated to be the player he is. And even if you don't like him, we can all agree he's a great player, that most (if not all of the) teams would love to have.

He will always have a chip on his shoulder for being selected in the 5th round. There were 153 players and 23 CB's drafted before him in 2011. Probably he can count all of them. There were a lot of great players in top 10 that year, but I think in redraft he'd be a top 10 pick. That still wouldn't be enough for him, because he wants to be the best.

Here is a good story about him.

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20140120...9ers-enemy

Quote:All I have to say is:

If you walk the walk then you can talk the talk.

Sherman is a beast.

Agree 100%.

I'd take Sherman on the Jaguars, his CB skills and his fire and attitude.  Jaguars need more players like him. 

Media is blowing this up. Nothing wrong with trash talking.  It's play ground not country club golf, tennis.

I have no problem with someone having a fired up interview after a game.  His interview was completely self serving.  Telling everyone he is the best corner in the game.  He says that as many times as he can to whatever reporter will listen.

If you really are the best in the league, you wouldnt have to say it all the time to make yourself feel better.

Other than that, great interview.  Erin Andrews face was classic.

Quote:Talking the talk is fine, but taunting is not - especially the way he did it.

JW, if you only knew the stuff that was said during games, you would have a different view of football.

I dont have a problem with any of his taunting.  The throat slash penalty is stupid, and telling the other team they choked is funny.  I'm shocked there wasnt a bit of a bigger melee after it happened.

Quote:I'd take Sherman on the Jaguars, his CB skills and his fire and attitude.  Jaguars need more players like him. 

Media is blowing this up. Nothing wrong with trash talking.  It's play ground not country club golf, tennis.

It's always a different story when the guy is on your team, but typically the national perception on a player is probably closer to the truth.

Quote:Not to go all political, but wouldn't this make every government with entitlements/taxation thugs?

:whistling:

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]