Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Richard Sherman on the people who call him "Thug"

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2014, 01:29 AM by Solid Snake.)

Quote:race card didn't take to long to get played. it could be a conspiracy by a bunch of racists. or it could be the obvious answer. that Sherman hateful and pompous little outburst is frowned upon by those whom expect decorum and sportsmanship

Sherman had the biggest play of his career and you expect him to be calm and as docile as a fawn. Nevermind, the fact his job is to match up one on one on a weekly basis with some of the biggest [BLEEP] talking divas in the game. Sherman can say ehatever he wants. He proves himself every week. His job is to frustrate the living hell out of any WR, and part of that job, if you've ever played corner involves not only dominating an opponent physically but also beating them in the mental game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Even Sherman admits that his postgame rant was misguided and immature, and took away from what his team as a whole had just accomplished. He said he regretted the way he handled it, good on him for sure. Why can't folks on here see that, before and after he came out with this?

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Even Sherman admits that his postgame rant was misguided and immature, and took away from what his team as a whole had just accomplished. He said he regretted the way he handled it, good on him for sure. Why can't folks on here see that, before and after he came out with this?
No one is held accountable for anything any more for various reasons. There are a few of us left that had a decent upbringing and realize right and wrong.

I'm sure that upset some people. But, hey, it's my opinion. And I held back a lot. I'd get a warning if I tried to explain other reasons that answer your last question.

Just saw The Sherm interview. He kept it 100. Like I said in a previous post. He said he went after crab on a football level, talking trash on a football field, after a football game. Key word football. The realist thing Sherm said was he knows some ''thugs'' and they would tell you he's far from a ''thug''. I had this happen to me numerous times. I said it once I'll say it again. Some of y'all wouldn't know a real ''thug'' if he was standing right next to you. Smh....

Quote:Just saw The Sherm interview. He kept it 100. Like I said in a previous post. He said he went after crab on a football level, talking trash on a football field, after a football game. Key word football. The realist thing Sherm said was he knows some ''thugs'' and they would tell you he's far from a ''thug''. I had this happen to me numerous times. I said it once I'll say it again. Some of y'all wouldn't know a real ''thug'' if he was standing right next to you. Smh....

I think most people here have said that they wouldnt describe him as a thug....

What word would you use to describe him during that interview?   In that interview he came off more as a me guy and overly cocky telling everyone he was the best.  He said the same exact thing in an interview with ESPN Deportes seconds before that interview.

Quote:I can buy that, but I don't think it is as many as some believe it to be either. It also goes both ways, sadly. I think when it gets harped on, from both sides, it helps to keep racism alive even that much more.

Agree, racism goes both ways and is practiced by some in every race, there is no denying that.

Racism doesn't go away by people not harping on it and sweeping it under the rug,

Racism goes away by eliminating practices, and behaviors that are present in today's society that effects people like myself as I speak.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Agree, racism goes both ways and is practiced by some in every race, there is no denying that.

Racism doesn't go away by people not harping on it and sweeping it under the rug,

Racism goes away by eliminating practices, and behaviors that are present in today's society that effects people like myself as I speak.

Which includes practices and behaviors of all races.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I think most people here have said that they wouldnt describe him as a thug....

What word would you use to describe him during that interview? In that interview he came off more as a me guy and overly cocky telling everyone he was the best. He said the same exact thing in an interview with ESPN Deportes seconds before that interview.
The interview where he explains people calling him a ''thug''? Or the one with Andrews?

Quote:Which includes practices and behaviors of all races.

There ya go! 

We are getting close.

I want to extend a olive branch to you as an invite to a future crab boil out Avenue B and Moncrief.

You dont have to pay for anything. Its all funded through EBT.

Deal?

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:The interview where he explains people calling him a ''thug''? Or the one with Andrews?

The one with Andrews.  You get no disagreement from me that he isnt a thug.  A guy that is second in his class and graduated from Stanford is typically not a thug.  I just think that was the word a few people used and it was run with by many.

I just read this on PFT and think its a good way of describing the response from the public on this situation.  Heat of the moment or not, its the way it came off that has caused the stir.

“I don’t think I’m a villain,” Sherman said.  “I always say the old cliché, don’t judge a book by its cover, but they’re judging a book by its cover, they’re judging me off of the football field, on the football during a game, right after a game, and they’re not judging me off of who I am.  Now if I had got arrested ten times, or committed all of these crimes, or got suspended for fighting off of the field and all of that, then I could accept being a villain, but I’ve done nothing villainous.”

He’s right.  Sherman’s only missteps have come when expressing himself in a way that, regardless of content, lacks the charisma of some of the men whose names he mentioned on Wednesday — Muhammad Ali, Deion Sanders, Michael Irvin.  Each said outlandish things in their day (and a couple of them still do).  But they delivered strong messages in a way that was charming and engaging; for Sherman, who studied communications at Stanford, that’s currently his biggest challenge."

I usually don't agree with race card crap but Sherman is spot on here. 

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Paul Brown said it best back when he was coaching. "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less."

;

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2014, 12:54 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Even Sherman admits that his postgame rant was misguided and immature, and took away from what his team as a whole had just accomplished. He said he regretted the way he handled it, good on him for sure. Why can't folks on here see that, before and after he came out with this?

Because there are indeed thugs that want to continue being thugs and make excusies for acting that way & in that lifestyle. They want to make it seem wrong that you are coming down on them for being that way. The more thuggery the better, in their eyes. 

At least Sherman had the sense to admit he handled it wrong, after some time to reflect. 

Quote:The one with Andrews.  You get no disagreement from me that he isnt a thug.  A guy that is second in his class and graduated from Stanford is typically not a thug.  I just think that was the word a few people used and it was run with by many.
O ok. Yea he was Amped. Id call that Cocky confidents. Sherm feels hes the best. Hes Cocky but Confident at the same time.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2014, 12:58 PM by JagsFan1.)

Quote:There ya go! 

We are getting close.

I want to extend a olive branch to you as an invite to a future crab boil out Avenue B and Moncrief.

You dont have to pay for anything. Its all funded through EBT.

Deal?
HAHAHAHAHA!! Your a fool lol

Quote:O ok. Yea he was Amped. Id call that Cocky confidents. Sherm feels hes the best. Hes Cocky but Confident at the same time.
I don't get why some feel they need to say they are the best. If you are, people know it. You won't have to tell people.

;

Quote:I don't get why some feel they need to say they are the best. If you are, people know it. You won't have to tell people.
True. He was Chill untill Crabb mushed his face. Thats when he got Hot. All Sherm said was good game.

Quote:True. He was Chill untill Crabb mushed his face. Thats when he got Hot. All Sherm said was good game.

Do you think he said it in good sportsmanship or kind of a dig?  It could be a little of both.

This isnt the first time Sherman has had a war of words with people.  You can also include Skip Bayless and the Vikings receivers, and I'm sure there are more that havent hit the media.  If thats what gets you motivated to play, go for it...but dont turn around and act like none of that ever happened.

Quote:Which includes practices and behaviors of all races.

Truth.