Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Soo Clowney is pretty dang good...

I'm not saying he's JJ Watt good but opposed to the haters...  He's pretty good.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He was always going to be. People wanted to label him a bust sooooo bad when the injuries hit lol.

Maybe Fowler is going to make the same sort of transformation????

Quote:Maybe Fowler is going to make the same sort of transformation????
I sure hope so.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Whitney Mercilus is a high quality front 7 player in his own right.   IMO

Even w/o J.J. Watt,   the Texans are a talented  Defensive unit with 2 differential front 7 players and are well coached.  CB Kareem Jackson can put on tackling clinics.

Quote:He was always going to be. People wanted to label him a bust sooooo bad when the injuries hit lol.

Yea, we did hope our division rival's first overall pick was a bust. Imagine that. But I'm confused, with all the Mariota slurping you do, I thought you were a tack fan. Now you're over here gloating about a texans player?
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Yeah he's been looking like the guy they drafted him to be.

Wonder how that contract will look or if they will be able to keep him

Quote:Maybe Fowler is going to make the same sort of transformation????

I think Whitney Mercilous is the type of player Fowler could become.  It took Mercilous a couple years before his breakout season.

Quote:He was always going to be. People wanted to label him a bust sooooo bad when the injuries hit lol.

People knew he did not have the work ethic necessary to play up to his elite potential.

Also note this is a Jaguars forum. Who would not want him to actually be a bust?

Quote:Whitney Mercilus is a high quality front 7 player in his own right.   IMO

Even w/o J.J. Watt,  the Texans are a talented defensive unit with 2 differential front 7 players and are well coached. CB Kareem Jackson can put on tackling clinics.

Whitney Mercilus can make offensive linemen look bad without any help. As someone who usually wants the Texans to lose for obvious reasons, I don't like watching him play.

Johanthan Joseph is the Texans DB who stands out to me.

Quote:People knew he did not have the work ethic necessary to play up to his elite potential.

Also note this is a Jaguars forum. Who would not want him to actually be a bust?
It had nothing to do with his work ethic it was injuries. And People doesnt equal just this forum, it was a sentiment shared by stupid people everywhere.

Quote:Yea, we did hope our division rival's first overall pick was a bust. Imagine that. But I'm confused, with all the Mariota slurping you do, I thought you were a tack fan. Now you're over here gloating about a texans player?
People doesnt equal just this forum so im not sure why youre playing this victim card. I just recognize talented players, i dont feel the need to schew facts over my fanship. Doesnt make me less of a fan just less of an idiot.

He's just trying to get his extension locked up this year so he can go back to loafing next season.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

He had major concerns over his work ethic coming out. He has overcome them at this point. So did Albert Haynesworth too for a couple years, but then regressed.

No one doubted the talent, only the ethic.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Whitney Mercilus can make offensive linemen look bad without any help. As someone who usually wants the Texans to lose for obvious reasons, I don't like watching him play.

Johanthan Joseph is the Texans DB who stands out to me.

I didn't enjoy watching Whitney Mercilus playing against the Lions back in October but I certainly respect his ability and relentless approach.

The Texans have at least 3 starting caliber CBs ,  including the ability to match up well in Nickel situations.    IMO,  their Defense is playoff caliber,  even in a better division and w/o J.J. Watt.

Quote:He's just trying to get his extension locked up this year so he can go back to loafing next season.

Exactly the concern with a guy like Clowney.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

He's good but not the generational player he was called.

Quote:He's good but not the generational player he was called.
Yeah, people overrated or at least mischaracterized him as an athlete. Crazy explosive, but far too linear...as evidenced by 90th percentile jumps and 40th percentile 3 cone and shuttle. Also evidenced by seeing how he was a better B gap rusher than C gap in college, and has continued to be so at the NFL level.

I'm sure the microfracture has made those change of direction skills even farther below average too. He will probably always struggle to win around the edge, but he can be a force against the run and on inside moves. 

Quote:Yeah, people overrated or at least mischaracterized him as an athlete. Crazy explosive, but far too linear...as evidenced by 90th percentile jumps and 40th percentile 3 cone and shuttle. Also evidenced by seeing how he was a better B gap rusher than C gap in college, and has continued to be so at the NFL level.

I'm sure the microfracture has made those change of direction skills even farther below average too. He will probably always struggle to win around the edge, but he can be a force against the run and on inside moves. 

Look I don't want to banter, but watch him play a few games.  The DCs almost always double team him, then he dominates offensive lines, he sets the edge, he tackles RBs on the other side of the line, he pulls holding calls, and he gets to QB from time to time. In my opinion, that's pretty good.

Quote:Look I don't want to banter, but watch him play a few games.  The DCs almost always double team him, then he dominates offensive lines, he sets the edge, he tackles RBs on the other side of the line, he pulls holding calls, and he gets to QB from time to time. In my opinion, that's pretty good.
I...I didn't say anything that disagrees with any of that...