Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Soo Clowney is pretty dang good...

Quote:It had nothing to do with his work ethic it was injuries. And People doesnt equal just this forum, it was a sentiment shared by stupid people everywhere.

During the draft process all people wanted to talk about was his work ethic and freak athleticism. Durability became an issue after he was drafted.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He will probably always struggle to win around the edge, but he can be a force against the run and on inside moves. 
This is exactly what happened yesterday too. He didn't do jack trying to beat Beachum on the outside, but those stunts and inside rushes were pretty darn successful. He's basically just the souped up version of Branch/Fowler. 

Clowney is good, but Clowney is always going to have injury issues.  He had them at South Carolina, he has consistently had them in the NFL, and I don't see that changing after he gets a new contract.  Even Spurrier said his work ethic was "ok."  If you aren't willing to put it in off the field you're going to continue to get hurt and not be on the field.

Doesn't matter. Watt is likely done with football and Clowney's injury history will rear its ugly head. Houston is good enough to where they will likely not find their franchise QB for another decade. I'd rather be us.

They say it takes a few years for DE's to get there; thus why I'm not yet on the get rid of Fowler train. Although, it's getting closer....

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:Doesn't matter. Watt is likely done with football and Clowney's injury history will rear its ugly head. Houston is good enough to where they will likely not find their franchise QB for another decade. I'd rather be us.

LOL.  Ok......That water for Jacksonville fans must be full of the good stuff.  Delusional.

Quote:Clowney is good, but Clowney is always going to have injury issues.  He had them at South Carolina, he has consistently had them in the NFL, and I don't see that changing after he gets a new contract.  Even Spurrier said his work ethic was "ok."  If you aren't willing to put it in off the field you're going to continue to get hurt and not be on the field.

[BLEEP].  Clowney worked his [BLEEP] off to get back from Microfracture surgery in 9 months, instead of the normal 12 last year.  He has worked hard as a pro. This [BLEEP] about work ethic was put out by people just to hurt his draft stock.

Quote:Doesn't matter. Watt is likely done with football and Clowney's injury history will rear its ugly head. Houston is good enough to where they will likely not find their franchise QB for another decade. I'd rather be us.

lol ... fans gonna fan

For now, at least, that's just whistling past the graveyard.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Clowney looks like a giant version of Fowler on the field.

Very similar games at this point.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2016, 07:31 PM by cland.)

Quote:Clowney looks like a giant version of Fowler on the field.

Very similar games at this point.

Hmm really?

If you define giant as "totally wrecks game plans and draws double and triple teams." and similar as "could maybe someday get more than one sack, or otherwise get blocked out of the play for the most part?" I completely agree with you.

Quote:Hmm really?

If you define giant as "totally wrecks game plans and draws double and triple teams." and similar as "could maybe someday get more than one sack, or otherwise get blocked out of the play for the most part?" I completely agree with you.

Your boy has 9.5 career sacks, dial it back a little.

Quote:Your boy has 9.5 career sacks, dial it back a little.

We need KYJaggy in here to tell him why Beasley is better.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Mr Scarface, why would Steve Spurrier want to hurt Clowney's draft stock?  It was pretty obvious from watching him take plays off during games that he was out of shape and didn't work hard. 

This. Until Houston makes a major move to score a Franchise QB they are going no where.

Would have double digit sacks this year.....but he moved to basically Watts' position on the Dline, instead of OLB.  He is 20+lbs lighter than Watt.   He is also going against bigger Guards on the inside.  Watt is UNIQUE in the amount of sacks he is able to get from the 3-4 DE spot.   Clowney doesnt have the moves of watt, but his strong as heck.  He is wrecking gameplan by giving a push to the line of scrimmage....that why he so good agains the run.  You cannot judge Clowney by sack this season he is not at a pass rushing position most of the time.   

BTW...Clowney just made the Pro Bowl.

Quote:This. Until Houston makes a major move to score a Franchise QB they are going no where.

Sort like the Jags have their "franchise QB"?  lol.

Quote:Mr Scarface, why would Steve Spurrier want to hurt Clowney's draft stock?  It was pretty obvious from watching him take plays off during games that he was out of shape and didn't work hard. 

LOL....Clowney played EVERY defensive snap against the Jags.  Yeah...he is out of shape....LOL.  

Yeah.....he doesnt work hard.  He just made the Pro Bowl.  I guess didnt take enough snaps off...........

Are you forgetting our previous conversation already?  You completely glance over your point to me about people trying to hurt his draft stock and make a stupid point about this year.

When he was at USC Spurrier questioned his work ethic and there were games where he QUIT.  He flat out quit. 

You said he will get to double digit sacks this year.  He's currently at 5 per nfl.com.  If he's going to get there, he better hurry up.

Quote:Sort like the Jags have their "franchise QB"? lol.

News flash, your team isn't that good and will be watching the playoffs from the couch, all while not knowing what to do at QB in the off-season.

I'm glad making the pro-bowl is the measuring stick of a good player now.

3 million rednecks sitting in their basement voting for Clowney all day and night so they could cuddle up to their battle-red [BLEEP] knowing he made the pro-bowl doesn't make him any more impressive as a player.

He's a good player, but he's not a Jaguar, and so I hate him. Who coulda thunk such an opinion would exist on this, the Jaguars fans forum? Mind boogling. It boogles the mind!