Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who will win Super Bowl 48?
This poll is closed.
Denver Broncos
26.67%
4 26.67%
Seattle Seahawks
73.33%
11 73.33%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

***OFFICIAL Denver Broncos vs Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl Discussion Thread***

Quote:I can't root for a guy who scares a sideline reporter to death the way Richard Sherman did. (Erin Andrews said that on ESPN.) It is not right to say what he wants even if a game-winning play seems to back up his statements. C'mon, man, he was not targeted all night before that pass.

I don't know who he will cover, but it probably won't matter too much because Peyton has a lot of weapons to work with and Seattle's other cornerback is very good too.
there is a reason he wasn't targeted all night,JW. And please, someone link Erin Andrews tweets defending Sherman for me, I cant do it on my phone. Clearly you didn't see where Sherman went to Crabtree after the play to shake his hand and told him hell of a game only to be shoved in the face. Not to mention Crabtree had supposedly said somethin to Sherman in the springtime
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:There is a reason he wasn't targeted all night, JW. And please, someone link Erin Andrews tweets defending Sherman for me, I cant do it on my phone. Clearly you didn't see where Sherman went to Crabtree after the play to shake his hand and told him hell of a game only to be shoved in the face. Not to mention Crabtree had supposedly said something to Sherman in the springtime.

I saw everything. That does not mean I have to like Sherman. We will find out in less than two weeks what kind of man he really is because the Broncos are not division rivals like the 49ers.

Still not sure Seahawks have the best defense in the league. Best secondary no doubt, but I think the 49ers led by Bowman had the best front 7

Did anyone else realize this game is a matchup of former AFC West opponents? Seattle and Denver met twice a year until 2002.

Quote:I saw everything. That does not mean I have to like Sherman. We will find out in less than two weeks what kind of man he really is because the Broncos are not division rivals like the 49ers.
Doesn't matter if they are rivals. .its the freakin Super Bowl. Expect an even more vocal and amped Sherman. Also..Expect d Thomas to be a non factor. I can already see Sherman on him amd a mix of both safeties on Julius. Decker will be the X factor

Quote:Still not sure Seahawks have the best defense in the league. Best secondary no doubt, but I think the 49ers led by Bowman had the best front 7
played three times. Seahawks win series 2-1 outscoring 49ers 62-39. Seems the Seattle D is better when comparing the two

Quote:Still not sure Seahawks have the best defense in the league. Best secondary no doubt, but I think the 49ers led by Bowman had the best front 7.

If any quarterback can torch that secondary, Peyton Manning will.

I am not expecting it to happen though.

Quote:Doesn't matter if they are rivals. It's the freakin Super Bowl. Expect an even more vocal and amped Sherman. Also..Expect D. Thomas to be a non-factor. I can already see Sherman on him amd a mix of both safeties on Julius. Decker will be the X factor

Seahawks Media Day will certainly be interesting, especially when people interview a cornerback with long dreadlocks.

Quote:Played three times. Seahawks win series 2-1 outscoring 49ers 62-39. Seems the Seattle D is better when comparing the two

You can't just go by three games. How many points did the Seahawks give up against the best offense they faced in 2013?

The Colts scored 34 points. Seattle lost that game.

Now look at the 49ers. The most points they gave up against a winning team was 29 by the Seahawks.

There are many ways you can look at it. They will not all give you the same answer. We just have to assume the Seahawks are going to cause problems for the Broncos.

Both teams fly to Newark, New Jersey today. Temperatures are colder than normal for the area, but nobody is expecting a worst-case scenario next week.

Broncos just landed in Jersey.

Moreno was picking his nose.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

As of 4pm one week prior the forecast calls 34 degree temperature and a slight chance of rain turning to snow later. 

Quote:Broncos just landed in Jersey.

Moreno was picking his nose.

Did you actually see him do that?

I hope Matt Prater did not make him sick on the plane ride.

BTW he is listed on the injury report, but expected to play.

The Seahawks landed at Newark Liberty Airport.

Quote:there is a reason he wasn't targeted all night,JW. And please, someone link Erin Andrews tweets defending Sherman for me, I cant do it on my phone. Clearly you didn't see where Sherman went to Crabtree after the play to shake his hand and told him hell of a game only to be shoved in the face. Not to mention Crabtree had supposedly said somethin to Sherman in the springtime
Sherman is pretty darn good. And as far as the game, you're spot on. Crabtree is a slug. He's a ganster wannabe, and he got worked by Sherman. After all the mouthing off Crabtree did for the past year, Sherman had the last laugh, and on national tv through a twist of fate.

I would take Sherman over Crabtree every day of the week.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

A lot of good stuff was said on Media Day in Newark (Seahawks) and Jersey City (Broncos).

Some of the highlights:

SEAHAWKS

Richard Sherman regretted his outburst after the NFC Championship Game and wishes the cameras would go to his teammates.

Marshawn Lynch showed up after thinking about not going, but only stayed a little over six minutes. The NFL is going to fine him.

Michael Robinson said the Seahawks have found the right quarterback because before Russell Wilson, they had the wrong guy.

BRONCOS

Demariyus Thomas said, "It don't bother me," when he talked about the matchup with one of the NFL's best defensive players.

John Elway said he will be "very, very surprised" if Peyton Manning retires after the game. Manning said he wants to keep playing.

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie backtracked on retirement talk, explaining the Broncos have not talked about a new contract yet.

I am sure there was some other vocal entertainment from both teams and will be more later in the week.

Also, Terrance Knighton talked about the sudden improvement on defense:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...turnaround

Seahawks defensive coordinator confirmed Richard Sherman will stay on the left side and not cover Demariyus Thomas. I assume that means covering Eric Decker.

One day left before the big game and everything that goes with it. Both teams are done practicing. Neither team's injury report is on NFL.com yet. I can't wait for the pregame activities tomorrow.

Finally, the two-week wait for the last NFL game is almost over. The two best teams in the NFL meet again in the coldest Super Bowl ever. The game forecast is high 30s, cloudy, and dry. Pregame coverage on FOX starts at 6:00 ET, with kickoff at 6:30. I will provide more details if I can later.