Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who will win Super Bowl 48?
This poll is closed.
Denver Broncos
26.67%
4 26.67%
Seattle Seahawks
73.33%
11 73.33%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

***OFFICIAL Denver Broncos vs Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl Discussion Thread***

G
O
B
R
O
N
C
O
S
!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:A lot of good stuff was said on Media Day in Newark (Seahawks) and Jersey City (Broncos).

Some of the highlights:

SEAHAWKS

Richard Sherman regretted his outburst after the NFC Championship Game and wishes the cameras would go to his teammates.

Marshawn Lynch showed up after thinking about not going, but only stayed a little over six minutes. The NFL is going to fine him.

Michael Robinson said the Seahawks have found the right quarterback because before Russell Wilson, they had the wrong guy.

BRONCOS

Demariyus Thomas said, "It don't bother me," when he talked about the matchup with one of the NFL's best defensive players.

John Elway said he will be "very, very surprised" if Peyton Manning retires after the game. Manning said he wants to keep playing.

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie backtracked on retirement talk, explaining the Broncos have not talked about a new contract yet.

I am sure there was some other vocal entertainment from both teams and will be more later in the week.

The NFL cant fine people who dosent talk to the media for a long time.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2014, 09:22 AM by PF*.)

Don't we already have this thread?

Anyway,

GO SEAHAWKS!

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

I'm going for DEN ,but wouldn't be shocked if SEA wins.  SEA has the better defense.  Overall it should be a fun Super Bowl.

My prediction.. Manning finds a hole in the nickel defense and exploits it repeatedly. This game is all about Denver's D.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2014, 11:20 AM by Haterade.)

Quote:My prediction.. Manning finds a hole in the nickel defense and exploits it repeatedly. This game is all about Denver's D.
I predict Manning doesn't throw further than 15 yards down the field, and Seattle eventually jumps one of his 'ducks'. Every play will be contested and there won't be any clean releases by his receivers. This is such an exciting matchup

I honestly think that the Broncos are going to get smacked down by that Seattle defense. It all goes back to the old saying: "Defense wins championships". Seattle simply has the better defense.

I don't think that even Peyton has ever gone up against a defense this ferocious before.

Go Marine Buzzards!

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I wonder if Mincey intentionally quit here in Jax knowing JDR would pick him up

Quote:Don't we already have this thread?

Nope. The other one is not a game day thread.

Quote:The NFL cant fine people who dosent talk to the media for a long time.

Yes they can. The rule for Super Bowl week is they must talk an hour.

Quote:I wonder if Mincey intentionally quit here in Jax knowing JDR would pick him up

I doubt it. No player can know what John Elway will do before calling him.

Quote:I'm going for DEN, but wouldn't be shocked if SEA wins. SEA has the better defense. Overall it should be a fun Super Bowl.

Me too. People talk all the time about how Peyton never played against a defense this good before, but that means the Legion of Boom has never played against the NFL's best quarterback before.

Quote:Yes they can. The rule for Super Bowl week is they must talk an hour.

Well the NFL didn't fine Lynch for only talking for 6 minutes.

They can't control or demand people change their tendencies.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Well the NFL didn't fine Lynch for only talking for 6 minutes.

They can't control or demand people change their tendencies.
I think they have to make themselves available for an hour during the media day. Not necessarily speak, but just be available.

I think the only time the NFL bothers with it is if a player blows it off altogether.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I'd like to see Manning win. But I think Seattle wins it by a couple points. Don't mind seeing either team win, though.

"Try not, do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Quote:I honestly think that the Broncos are going to get smacked down by that Seattle defense. It all goes back to the old saying: "Defense wins championships". Seattle simply has the better defense.

I don't think that even Peyton has ever gone up against a defense this ferocious before.

By smacked down.. you mean what exactly? The Broncos may lose, but I think it's unlikely Manning doesn't throw for at least 250 and 2 TDs.
Only a chump boos the home team!

So is the game blacked out or what?

Weather looks favorable for a good game. Mid-low 40's, 20% chance of rain throughout the game.

Quote:Weather looks favorable for a good game. Mid-low 40's, 20% chance of rain throughout the game.
No excuses. Good