Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Congrats Jack!

Jack Del Rio returns to the Super Bowl, this time as a DC to complement his last appearance as a position coach.

He's taken a lot of criticism and kept his cool.  Good luck in the big game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This thread feels like a kick in the chest. Both Peyton and JDR going to the SB, together?

Excuse me while I throw up.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:This thread feels like a kick in the chest. Both Peyton and JDR going to the SB, together?

Excuse me while I throw up.

It's okay...just rub some dirt on it...you'll feel better!! :thumbsup:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Really?

Him and milk belly can go pound sand for all I care.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Jack Del Rio returns to the Super Bowl, this time as a DC to complement his last appearance as a position coach.

Denver's defense has taken their lumps this season, but they played well today. I hold no grudges, grats to JDR, Pot Roast and Mincey. I will be pulling for the Broncos in the Super Bowl, and I have a feeling they are going to win big.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Him and milk belly can go pound sand for all I care.

Milk belly?

He's better suited as a DC than head coach in my opinion. It's funny how many of our cast offs are playing post season and super bowl games. SMH.

Regards..................the Chiefjag

Quote:He's better suited as a DC than head coach in my opinion. It's funny how many of our cast offs are playing post season and super bowl games. SMH.

Regards..................the Chiefjag

Jacksonville...the place to leave and get a ring. :confused:

Screw Jack. Congrats Pot Roast!
Only a chump boos the home team!

I hope he does well, for his sake. I don't want him to win, personally, but heck who cares. Hope its a good game.

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:Jacksonville...the place to leave and get a ring. :confused:

In addition to some former Jaguars coaches and players,  this also applies to Jacksonville born and raised Cliff Avril.    Much like Pot Roast did in the Denver game,  Avril was a difference maker in the Seattle game.  Congrats to them,  JDR,  and all of the players and coaches on both teams except Richard Sherman.   Regardless of which team I end up picking in this game,   I'm now rooting for the Broncos because of Sherman. 

Quote:Jack Del Rio returns to the Super Bowl, this time as a DC to complement his last appearance as a position coach.

Agreed.  No second half collapse.  Held strong and stayed after Brady all game.  NE looked nearly unstoppable coming into that game.  Seemed as if they would be able to keep up if it turned into a shootout.  Wasn't so.  Had them so embarassed Brady took a beeline for the lockerroom when time expired.

49ers showed that pressure can keep them in the game and keep the score down against Seattle.  Keep the young QB uncomfortable and continue to keep Manning clean and they should be able to take care of business.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:In addition to some former Jaguars coaches and players, this also applies to Jacksonville born and raised Cliff Avril. Much like Pot Roast did in the Denver game, Avril was a difference maker in the Seattle game. Congrats to them, JDR, and all of the players and coaches on both teams except Richard Sherman. Regardless of which team I end up picking in this game, I'm now rooting for the Broncos because of Sherman. 

Good thing the Broncos have former Jaguars so you can actually root for them, not just against the Seahawks. I would congratulate Sherman too if he wasn't a dirtbag at the end.

JDR got a lot of heat because the Broncos had a terrible pass defense but his critics ignored Denver's injury reports Champ Bailey missed almost as much time as Percy Harvin because of a Lisfranc sprain. Von Miller's 6-week suspension obviously did not help either and later he was put on injured reserve. Defense, not Peyton Manning, gave the Broncos a 24-0 halftime lead at New England. So I can't blame JDR for the Broncos having a bad defense.

I am going to have one small problem with not rooting for the Seahawks: Derrick Coleman. How can anybody not root for him after watching his Duracell commercial?

Quote: I would congratulate Sherman too if he wasn't a dirtbag at the end.

Sherman didn't act like a dirtbag at the end. He had just made the play to win the game qualifying him to go to the Super Bowl, any football player's dream. He's passionate. He's not a thug. Jesus. 

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2014, 06:06 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Agreed.  No second half collapse.  Held strong and stayed after Brady all game.  NE looked nearly unstoppable coming into that game.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yeah, vs a garbage Indy defense....

You don't really dig too deep into what you are watching, do you?

Or worse, you are purposely distorting the facts to back up your take here. 

Fact is, New Englands offense was clearly lacking reliable consistent top notch weapons for Brady all season long. How they managed to get as far as they did was a testament to these 4: Belichick, Brady, Talib, and Edelman. 

Denver hasn't really been tested yet and hopefully the weather is crap in the Meadowlands in 2 weeks so we can actually watch Peyton face some.

For the thread starter.....lol....Jack is merely riding coattails as usual just like he did in 2000 with the Ravens top D. 

Quote:Sherman didn't act like a dirtbag at the end. He had just made the play to win the game qualifying him to go to the Super Bowl, any football player's dream. He's passionate. He's not a thug. Jesus. 

What do you call the taunt?

Quote:Good thing the Broncos have former Jaguars so you can actually root for them, not just against the Seahawks. I would congratulate Sherman too if he wasn't a dirtbag at the end.

JDR got a lot of heat because the Broncos had a terrible pass defense but his critics ignored Denver's injury reports Champ Bailey missed almost as much time as Percy Harvin because of a Lisfranc sprain. Von Miller's 6-week suspension obviously did not help either and later he was put on injured reserve. Defense, not Peyton Manning, gave the Broncos a 24-0 halftime lead at New England. So I can't blame JDR for the Broncos having a bad defense.

I am going to have one small problem with not rooting for the Seahawks: Derrick Coleman. How can anybody not root for him after watching his Duracell commercial?

JDR is easy to root for in a game like this,  as I respected him as an opposing player and respect him as a coach and person.

From the perspective of being a Lions fan,  there's one former Lions player on each of the Super Bowl teams.   For Seattle, it's Cliff Avril,  who didn't have a good season in Detroit in 2012,  despite having 9 1/2 sacks.   Avril valued himself more than the Lions understandably wanted to pay him and both sides moved on.   Having said that,  I thought Avril was a professional with the team and in society.    For Denver,  there's C Manny Ramirez,  who didn't get much playing time with the Lions but developed into a solid starter,  first at G,  than at C,  for Denver.    I wish both players well but neither of them would affect which team to root for.

I agree with you that JDR had to overcome major adversity as a Defensive Coordinator this season.    The Broncos played arguably their two best Defensive games of the season in the playoffs.   To the credit of JDR and Broncos Defensive players,  they certainly exceeded my expectations in the first two playoff games.

Derrick Coleman is indeed a fantastic story.   I learned about his background when he was draft eligible.   Regardless what transpires with Coleman,  he's a tremendous example for people to follow in many ways.  

Quote:Sherman didn't act like a dirtbag at the end. He had just made the play to win the game qualifying him to go to the Super Bowl, any football player's dream. He's passionate. He's not a thug. Jesus. 

By no means do I think Richard Sherman is a thug.  But I'm very uncomfortable with the way Richard Sherman acted.  

Russell Wilson sets an excellent example for all Seahawks players to follow about how to conduct one self following a huge team moment.    If the Seahawks do end up winning the game,  I'm confident that Russell Wilson will remain grounded and continue to display what professionalism truly is.

Quote: JDR is easy to root for in a game like this, as I respected him as an opposing player and respect him as a coach and person.

From the perspective of being a Lions fan, there's one former Lions player on each of the Super Bowl teams. For Seattle, it's Cliff Avril, who didn't have a good season in Detroit in 2012,  despite having 9 1/2 sacks. Avril valued himself more than the Lions understandably wanted to pay him and both sides moved on. Having said that, I thought Avril was a professional with the team and in society. For Denver,  there's C Manny Ramirez, who didn't get much playing time with the Lions but developed into a solid starter, first at G, then at C, for Denver. I wish both players well but neither of them would affect which team to root for.

I agree with you that JDR had to overcome major adversity as a Defensive Coordinator this season. The Broncos played arguably their two best Defensive games of the season in the playoffs.   To the credit of JDR and Broncos Defensive players, they certainly exceeded my expectations in the first two playoff games.

Derrick Coleman is indeed a fantastic story. I learned about his background when he was draft eligible. Regardless what transpires with Coleman, he's a tremendous example for people to follow in many ways.  

By opposing player, are you referring to when JDR was a Vikings linebacker?

I looked for #40 all night. Several times I saw him offer his hand to help a teammate get up. That is the kind of guy I would love to have in my locker room.