Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL*** NFC Championship Game Day Thread

People seem to be acting like Sherman swore into the camera or did something especially egregious. He's not humble and a bit of a jerk, that shouldn't be breaking news to anybody.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I would have loved for Sherman to pull this crap to Legarad Blount.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:People seem to be acting like Sherman swore into the camera or did something especially egregious. He's not humble and a bit of a jerk, that shouldn't be breaking news to anybody.

I don't think people are talking about it like it is a breaking news story. Just talking about the complete lack of class it shows.

Quote:I would have loved for Sherman to pull this crap to Legarad Blount.
I would have loved for Sherman to pull this "crap" as a member of the Jacksonville Jaguars under exactly the same circumstances.

Most of you moralizing against it would have  loved it too.

Tell me if the Jaguars were facing the Titans for the AFC title game, and Blackmon and Finnegan had been jawing against each other for two seasons, and Blackmon catches the winning TD pass, tell me you wouldn't get any satisfaction from that.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Did they announce the NFC MVP?

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2014, 11:57 PM by ray_of_jaguar.)

He should display his lack of class not by running his mouth, but by having 10+ kids with different women, the Cromartie way

They had Sherman in the post game and he seemed to have calmed down and had that generic player speak/tone.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2014, 12:02 AM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

Quote:I would have loved for Sherman to pull this "crap" as a member of the Jacksonville Jaguars under exactly the same circumstances.

Most of you moralizing against it would have loved it too.

Tell me if the Jaguars were facing the Titans for the AFC title game, and Blackmon and Finnegan had been jawing against each other for two seasons, and Blackmon catches the winning TD pass, tell me you wouldn't get any satisfaction from that.
I'm pretty sure Gus and Co. wants to win with integrity, the trash talking at some point will come back on him.

Right now, Kapernick is avoiding the criticism of his last throw of the game, because of SHE-rman's antics.

Let's not forget the homophobic slur he used in a email while in college.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://deadspin.com/richard-shermans-email-to-his-stanford-dorm-is-pricele-922762394'>http://deadspin.com/richard-shermans-email-to-his-stanford-dorm-is-pricele-922762394</a>
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:I'm pretty sure Gus and Co. wants to win with integrity, the trash talking at some point will come back on him.

Right now, Kapernick is avoiding the criticism of his last throw of the game, because of SHE-rman's antics.
That throw to Boldin was awful

Players with class whiff on tackles and/or can't catch the ball... I'll take a Richard Sherman on my team any day

Quote:That throw to Boldin was awful

As was said during the broadcast, he got away with those kind of throws earlier in the season, and it cost him dearly in this game.

Any update on Bowman? Feel bad for him

Quote:Players with class whiff on tackles and/or can't catch the ball... I'll take a Richard Sherman on my team any day

Guys like Manning do it all the time; arrogant with class. Truthfully now, if this guys behavior wasnt so far out of the norm no one would care, but it was very much out of the norm for NFL players.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Nice job by Ann Wilson...then, oops.

She was good before the word free, but many singers are.

Was it just me or did the announcer call her Ann Russell? LOL

Quote:Ha, they had to keep the teams separated during pre-game warmups.

Officiating VP Dean Blandino told that crew to "set the tone early." I think Gene Steratore knew it is a heated rivalry game.

Quote:Seattle has the early edge.

K. Osgood, another ex-Jaguar.

What number? I never saw or heard his name.

Quote:Anyone else having broadcast issues, like freezing momentarily? Sucks on DirecTV.

That happens when the weather is bad in your area because it is a satellite. I had it in Ohio so I know what you are talking about.

Quote:Harbaugh gets that upset over something that really had no consequence, he's going to have a heart attack if a really bad call goes against him.

Although it had no consequence in that situation because there was less than a minute before halftime, he had a good point there.

His sideline antics don't bother me when he is right about something, like the RITK penalty and Navorro Bowman's fumble recovery.

Quote:Players with class whiff on tackles and/or can't catch the ball
I read that Barry Sanders never said a word on the field. And he certainly didn't speak like that in the rare interview.  He rushed for 18,000 yards in ten  seasons. I respect Sherman's athletic ability. He's a great CB. But it's perfectly possible to be an extraordinary athlete and not behave like an imbecile. 

Quote:Any update on Bowman? Feel bad for him

Unfortunately,  he torn his ACL.  Great player,  gruesome injury.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...9ers-loss/

Quote:That's 49ers' ball.

Obviously. Why did the officials think a Seahawk had it?

Quote:49ers getting screwed on the calls, not that I mind just saying truth they're getting screwed.

It would not be so bad if the play was reviewable. That was a case where indisputable visual evidence existed, which makes me think the NFL should consider making the fumble recovery reviewable no matter where on the field it happens. You have to be blind to think a Seahawk got it.

Quote:He made an amazing play by snatching the ball away from the receiver at the 3 yard line and has possession. Not only did the blind refs reverse the call, but Bowman's leg got seriously hurt.

They did not reverse the call. The initial ruling was fourth down Seahawks. Mike Periera explained that cannot be changed to a 49ers first down.

Quote:Someone tell JW that Russell's hands are too small.

I thought Russell was a small guy. People keep saying he is short. So I would expect him to have small hands.

Quote:Crabtree 'gator-armed it.

What does that mean?

Quote:Unfortunately,  he torn his ACL. Great player, gruesome injury.

I hope he learned from Robert Griffin not to rush his recovery from that.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2014, 12:34 AM by TTechJag85.)

Love Sherman on the field, don't like him off.

One thing I am thankful for though, he gives you someone to root for, or in his case against!

He's a smart guy, I'm sure he knows exactly what he is doing.

I think because he plays on that defense sometimes he gets undervalued, And for a guy with his personalty, if everyone isn't telling him he is the best than he isn't satisfied.

But that's just my opinion,, and as Sherman says the facts speak for themeselves, he is one of the best if not the best in the league at this time.

Quote:What number? I never saw or heard his name.

#14 I believe. I don't know how you missed them saying his name...they talked about him several times.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I turned it off when Erin Andrews said, "I am not talking about you."

Sherman now is on my hate list for talking to her like that.