Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL*** NFC Championship Game Day Thread

Quote:#14 I believe. I don't know how you missed them saying his name...they talked about him several times.

Even with the volume up to 70 on my TV, I can't make out every word Joe Buck and Troy Aikman say.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:People seem to be acting like Sherman swore into the camera or did something especially egregious. He's not humble and a bit of a jerk, that shouldn't be breaking news to anybody.

It was egregious. Telling a reporter, "Don't talk about me," while facing the camera, not her, when she was asking him about something else deserves a fine from the NFL.

Quote:Even with the volume up to 70 on my TV, I can't make out every word Joe Buck and Troy Aikman say.

Ahh...now I understand.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Ahh...now I understand.

Really? Even i don't understand myself why that happens and I know what type of hearing loss I have.

During kickoffs, I looked for Seattle's #40. He looks like the kind of guy I would love to have on my team.

Quote:Really? Even i don't understand myself why that happens and I know what type of hearing loss I have.

During kickoffs, I looked for Seattle's #40. He looks like the kind of guy I would love to have on my team.

Because even with "normal" hearing the tv sounds go up and down....sometimes it's too low, and then all of a sudden it's too loud and your jumping for your remote control.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Because even with "normal" hearing the TV sounds go up and down. Sometimes it's too low, and then all of a sudden it's too loud and your jumping for your remote control.

That happens when I watch videos online, but when I watch TV I never have to change the volume after it is set to my preferred level.

Anyway, Derrick Coleman just made history again by winning yesterday because Kenny Walker did not play in the Super Bowl.

Quote:It was egregious. Telling a reporter, "Don't talk about me," while facing the camera, not her, when she was asking him about something else deserves a fine from the NFL.

He was talking about Michael Crabtree when he said that, not Erin Andrews.

Quote:He was talking about Michael Crabtree when he said that, not Erin Andrews.

What did Michael Crabtree say?

Quote:What did Michael Crabtree say?

Quote:<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);"> 

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">"Uh, no, I don't think so," Crabtree said Thursday, via CSN Bay Area. "I don't know (anything) about the best cornerbacks in the league. I just know teams. We are playing the Seattle Seahawks and hopefully we come out with a win. ... So you got to study the whole defense. It is not just one guy. It is the entire defense."

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">It was a fairly innocuous quote in totality, but Sherman extracted the opening part of it and used it as motivation.

NFL.com  ^

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2014, 01:38 AM by TTechJag85.)

Quote:What did Michael Crabtree say?

Said earlier in the week he didn't think Sherman was the best Corner in the league.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2014, 01:41 AM by TTechJag85.)

Wow NYC your a fast typer beat me by literally seconds....

Quote:Wow NYC your a fast typer beat me by literally seconds....
Ha! I'm just good with the copy and paste and had that article up in a second window. :teehee:

Is it me or was that the only time they threw at Sherman? I'm thinking Kaep let the rivalry get to him, and he believed what better way to beat the Seahawks than score on Sherman to clinch the NFC? I guarantee you everyone would be praising Kaep and booing Sherman if it was a TD

Quote:Ha! I'm just good with the copy and paste and had that article up in a second window. :teehee:

God I hope so!! I barely got off one little sentence in the time it took you to post all that.

I'm on to you now I'll be ready next time..

Quote:Is it me or was that the only time they threw at Sherman? I'm thinking Kaep let the rivalry get to him, and he believed what better way to beat the Seahawks than score on Sherman to clinch the NFC? I guarantee you everyone would be praising Kaep and booing Sherman if it was a TD

As soon as the play happened I said out loud "you haven't thrown his way all game, why now?" Doesn't make any sense. Great play by Sherman though he made the play when he had to.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Quote:Said earlier in the week he didn't think Sherman was the best corner in the league.

Typical trash talk between bitter rivals, but I agree with Crabtree on that one.

Quote:Is it me or was that the only time they threw at Sherman? I'm thinking Kaep let the rivalry get to him, and he believed what better way to beat the Seahawks than score on Sherman to clinch the NFC? I guarantee you everyone would be praising Kaep and booing Sherman if it was a TD.

I boo Sherman for his choke sign and postgame comments to Crabtree. That is all I care about, not the fact that he was only targeted at the end.

Kaep's decision to throw to Crabtree was terrible. In his press conference, he openly admitted that he would take the match-up (Crabtree vs Sherman) 100% of the time. When asked what were his other options, he said the other three receivers. He said he will have to watch the film to see if the other three were opened, which evidently meant that he was dead lock on Crabtree and didn't bother to look at the other options.

BTW, the NFL network shows that his other receivers -- Patton, Davis, and Bolden -- were all wide opened and would have gained an easy 7-8 yards; 49ers had three timeouts with 30 secs at the 20 yard line.

It looks to me like Kaep and Crabtree wanted to win in style by having a game winning TD against the loud mouth but best cornerback in Sherman.

Just terrible decision by both Kaep and Crabtree.

Quote:You know the answer to this Bullseye; they're professional athletes, they're not allowed to be human.
Problem is this isn't the first time Sherman has shown his true colors. The guy is a punk all the time...not just after he wins a huge game. You think Russell Wilson was spouting off like that?

Quote:Problem is this isn't the first time Sherman has shown his true colors. The guy is a punk all the time...not just after he wins a huge game. You think Russell Wilson was spouting off like that?

I thought it was part of being a heated rivalry that made Sherman attack Crabtree like that. You never heard that kind of talk from a Broncos player after they beat the Patriots.

Quote:Let's not forget the homophobic slur he used in a email while in college.<a class="bbc_url" href='http://deadspin.com/richard-shermans-email-to-his-stanford-dorm-is-pricele-922762394'>http://deadspin.com/richard-shermans-email-to-his-stanford-dorm-is-pricele-922762394</a>

I just wanted to address this one part. The rest I agree with.

If you or anyone else on this board has NEVER used a slur in thei life at some point for any group of people for any reason, whether to explain how "stupid" something was or how much of a d bag some one is, meaning that you don't mean it in the normal context, you are a better man than I.