Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL*** AFC Championship Game Day Thread

At 3:00 on CBS, the #2 New England Patriots will try to upset the #1 Denver Broncos on the road. They previously beat the Broncos at home in Week 12 but the weather conditions were bad for passing that night in Foxboro. The 15th episode of Peyton Manning vs. Tom Brady may be the last and best one.

This game also will feature two former Patriots - wide receiver Wes Welker and a cornerback who was just signed by the Broncos last week.

If you like to root for former Jaguars, you will be a Broncos fan today. JDR, Terrance Knighton, and Jeremy Mincey are all on Denver's sideline.

With two great offenses and very bad defenses, I expect this game to be a shootout. But I am hoping the Broncos score a lot more than the Patriots and do not need OT.

G
O
B
R
O
N
C
O
S
!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I highly doubt this will be the last Brady vs Manning game. They play again next year, and Manning has no intentions of calling it quits right now.

I still can't believe how old these two have gotten though.

Anyways, go Broncos. If anyone deserves a ring it's Peyton.

I'm not rooting for the Broncos for JDR, Knighton, or Mincey. I'm rooting for the Broncos cause I hate Brady and Belicheat. The Broncos defense under JDR is highly suspect. The Patriots may be the underdog, but I have no doubt their defense is better especially with Von Miller out. He is out right? Brady may be able to shred that Broncos coverage, and we'll see how they hold up against the run. Should be a close game

GO 
PATRIOTS
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:I'm not rooting for the Broncos for JDR, Knighton, or Mincey. I'm rooting for the Broncos cause I hate Brady and Belicheat. The Broncos defense under JDR is highly suspect. The Patriots may be the underdog, but I have no doubt their defense is better especially with Von Miller out. He is out right? Brady may be able to shred that Broncos coverage, and we'll see how they hold up against the run. Should be a close game

If you don't like JDR, why is he your avatar?

My mom does not like Brady or Belicheat either so she should have no problem helping me for the same reason.

Denver's pass defense sucked more because of Von Miller's suspension and Champ Bailey's foot than anything JDR did. Their run defense is a lot better and Pot Roast, who wears #94, is one reason for that.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2014, 02:47 PM by jaguarmvp.)

I am not rooting for either team.  I just hope to see a good game and let the best team win. 

My prediction is broncos by 7.

I do have a dislike for the patriots because of the whole cheating thing.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I think this one comes down to mistakes.  Both teams are capable of putting points on the board - and I think whoever stumbles a bit will give up the victory.  

I think the Broncos D will be the one stumbling. 

Pats by 7. 

Quote:I think this one comes down to mistakes.  Both teams are capable of putting points on the board - and I think whoever stumbles a bit will give up the victory.  

I think the Broncos D will be the one stumbling. 

Pats by 7. 

Unfortunately, that was not what happened in Foxboro. The team that turned it over more won in Week 12.

IIRC Champ Bailey was out then, so hopefully he will give Tom Brady a harder time than now-injured Chis Harris did.

Less than an hour before kickoff . . . GO BRONCOS!

Kick off!! Go Broncos!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Let's go Pats!!

I am fine with either team winning in both Championship games.  Though I have become a Wilson fan and would like to see him and Seattle in the Super Bowl.  I have a feeling we see a Pats/Hawks Super Bowl and it would be a good game.  It would be interesting to see how Seattle does traveling into a different environment that would essentially be a home game for the Pats.

I still don't know who to root for....I'm so confused

Rolling wit Brady and the Pats

End of the 1st quarter with Brady & Manning......and only 3 points? Surprising.

Denver defense playing well. Who is their D coordinator? We make want to look into him.

Brady missed a few opportunities in the first half.  

Uncharacteristic.

Quote:Brady missed a few opportunities in the first half.  

Uncharacteristic.

Belicheck isn't wearing a hoodie right now, is he? Maybe it's like Samson and his hair.... :whistling:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

This game kind of stinks right now. 

I have the utmost respect for Manning and think he's a standup guy.  I hope he wins the SB this year just so he can keep from getting the Marino treatment and people taking him out of the "best ever" debate for that reason.  IMO, championships are one of the stupidest ways to evaluate the QB position...so many other factors on a team to consider.

Plus, I absolutely hate the Patriots.

The Broncos are hitting them in the mouth...I'm not sure the Patriots score more than they already have.  Their D is EXHAUSTED.