Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL Trade News: Texans, Patriots on Verge of Blockbuster Deal; Johnny Manziel Still Top Choice According To Experts..

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/534584/20...ttpF9Io4sY

Looks like the Bridgewater sweepstakes just excelled..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That article makes no sense. First they say Bill O'Brien likes big quarterbacks. Then they go on to say Johnny Manziel is the kind of player the Texans want. Huh?

And how in the world did Teddy Bridgewater drop to being the third-best quarterback before the NFL Scouting Combine?

Of course, I would love to see this happen because it means they replace one bad quarterback with another instead of truly fixing their biggest problem.

Quote: 

However, ESPN experts still picked Johnny Football to wind up no.1 in the upcoming draft mainly because of his NFL-ready tools.

All you need to know about ESPN evaluation.

Quote:And how in the world did Teddy Bridgewater drop to being the third-best quarterback before the NFL Scouting Combine?

Why should that surprise anyone?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Why should that surprise anyone?

I did not say it surprised me. I just think it does not make any sense to do that.

Anyway, I hope the Texans do it. Trading for Ryan Mallet means they won't pick either Manziel or Bridgewater so we have get our favorite guy at #3.

Quote:I did not say it surprised me. I just think it does not make any sense to do that.

Anyway, I hope the Texans do it. Trading for Ryan Mallet means they won't pick either Manziel or Bridgewater so we have get our favorite guy at #3.

Unless they trade down for more picks.....

Quote:Unless they trade down for more picks.....

Unless a team is in love with Clowney, I don't see how they trade down. If they trade for Mallet, they'd pretty much guarantee they wouldn't take a QB at 1 overall so no team would be afraid of them taking Bridgewater or Manziel.

Quote:Unless they trade down for more picks.

The trade being discussed here is giving the Patriots #33 for Ryan Mallett. That means they will not get more picks if they do it.

Quote:The trade being discussed here is giving the Patriots #33 for Ryan Mallett. That means they will not get more picks if they do it.

So they are doing this the chiefs way.

Quote:Why should that surprise anyone?

Because he is better than everyone else.

Inb4 you like Geno.

That article, to me, just reads like someone wildly speculating about the trade because O'Brien and Mallet were once in the same building for one season. 

So the Texans are trying to get Mallet? Inb4 TMD bust a nut. 

Quote:That article, to me, just reads like someone wildly speculating about the trade because O'Brien and Mallet were once in the same building for one season. 

Because it is. I looked on twitter and there is literally no news about a Mallett-O'Brien reunion.

FWIW...trading can't commence until the new league year begins in March.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:All you need to know about ESPN evaluation.

As much as I dislike ESPN, id take their advice on evaluation over anyone's on this message board. That's for damn sure..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:FWIW...trading can't commence until the new league year begins in March.

Which means you can throw that article out the window because any real reporter would know that.

Quote:As much as I dislike ESPN, id take their advice on evaluation over anyone's on this message board. That's for damn sure..

Just to clarify, I don't dislike Manziel.  I disagree that he is NFL ready. 

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2014, 10:54 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:Which means you can throw that article out the window because any real reporter would know that.
Did you throw the Alex Smith to KC trade rumors article out last year as well?

Hint: the trade was discussed and finalized well before the new league year.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:As much as I dislike ESPN, id take their advice on evaluation over anyone's on this message board. That's for damn sure..
+1

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:So they are doing this the chiefs way.

Not really, Mallett actually has franchise QB upside. Alex Smith is a game manager and thats it.