Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I think 2014 will be Cecil Shorts MAJOR breakout year.

His rookie year he hardly got any time on the field, his 2nd year he came out of nowhere and really had a nack for getting into the endzone/making big plays out of nothing. This past season he had some issues holding onto the ball, even tho he still managed to get open on big name CBs such as Joe Haden and Richard Sherman. I think this is going to be his year, plug in a competent QB and give him another off season to work on his ball skills and I bet we get 1200+ yards out of Cecil this year, especially if Blackmon returns. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Is Blackmon playing all 16?

Because thats the only way Shorts is reaching max potential. Shorts is not a WR that is going to flourish as the WR1. I think Shorts can reach 1000 yards, albeit barely, but thats basically it. And theres nothing wrong with that, Its a nice season. He's been a better producer than I ever saw him becoming. Props to Jerry Sullivan for excellent coaching/ development. 

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2014, 02:30 AM by Swaguars.)

Quote:Is Blackmon playing all 16?

Because thats the only way Shorts is reaching max potential. Shorts is not a WR that is going to flourish as the WR1. I think Shorts can reach 1000 yards, albeit barely, but thats basically it. And theres nothing wrong with that, Its a nice season. He's been a better producer than I ever saw him becoming. Props to Jerry Sullivan for excellent coaching/ development. 

While I agree Blackmon has more talent, Shorts has something about him that allows him to make a big play in the clutch and that's something we've never seen from Blackmon. From the Indy game winner, the Minnesota should be game winner and the Browns game winner where he made a top 3 CB in Joe Haden look silly. Blackmon has had 2 big games so far for us, but for the most part of his rookie season and even this year he had been average at best.. averaging around 40-50 yards per game and does not find the endzone very often.

Together they make quite the Duo, but if you think Blackmon has been the better of the two you're either delusional or basing it solely off his performance in 2 games against the Rams and Texans. 

Quote:While I agree Blackmon has more talent, Shorts has something about him that allows him to make a big play in the clutch and that's something we've never seen from Blackmon. From the Indy game winner, the Minnesota should be game winner and the Browns game winner where he made a top 3 CB in Joe Haden look silly. Blackmon has had 2 big games so far for us, but for the most part of his rookie season and even this year he had been average at best.. averaging around 40-50 yards per game and does not find the endzone very often.

Together they make quite the Duo, but if you think Blackmon has been the better of the two you're either delusional or basing it solely off his performance in 2 games against the Rams and Texans. 

Yes, I guess Blackmon wasn't clutch in the Broncos game this year when he was the best player on the field. 

Same vs Houston last season. 

This is crazy. Shorts is a nice player, but nowhere near the talent Blackmon is. Shorts is not a WR1. He'll never be one. 

We need a competent QB for Shorts to have a breakout season and Henne or a project QB in Round 2 won't cut it.

60% of the Time...It works everytime...

Quote:Yes, I guess Blackmon wasn't clutch in the Broncos game this year when he was the best player on the field.

Same vs Houston last season.

This is crazy. Shorts is a nice player, but nowhere near the talent Blackmon is. Shorts is not a WR1. He'll never be one.

Why do you have to bring shorts down and compare him to Blackmon every time someone posts about Shorts?
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

I sure hope so.

I agree with this. The guy made plays this year playing with an injured groin and a terrible QB. Shorts is one of those guys who has the hunger to be the best and won't stop until he is. Remember when he came out and said somethings gotta change after he wasn't being targeted by Henne? That's a guy who wants to play. Wait until defenses aren't just hovering around him when Blackmon or whoever are out there. It's gonna free him up.

Concussions scare me with Cecil.  If he can stay healthy, the combo of Blackmon (if available), Cecil, and Ace could be as good as it gets out there.  Unfortunately, we're like a pimped out car without an engine.

Quote:We need a competent QB for Shorts to have a breakout season and Henne or a project QB in Round 2 won't cut it.
The draft is hit or miss. A QB in the 3rd could outproduce a qb in round 1, and so one. Its annoying to read that we have to get a qb in round one to have success. Gabbert has been working wonders.

Quote:Why do you have to bring shorts down and compare him to Blackmon every time someone posts about Shorts?

Trying to give you a visual of why Shorts is not a WR1. 

Quote:Why do you have to bring shorts down and compare him to Blackmon every time someone posts about Shorts?

Because he thought Dillard was better than "C3PO."

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Shorts is a far superior receiver. He actually plays in the league, that alone makes him a superior talent. Not that there is anything wrong with drunk and high. It's just that the league thinks there is.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Trying to give you a visual of why Shorts is not a WR1.

He never said he was. He was just praising the guy. Shorts is a darn good player.
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Cecil Sells Shorts by the Sea Shore

Shorts is not a #1 receiver. He struggles on the outside but owns the go routes in the middle of the field. Blackmon is also not a #1 downfield outside receiver, Hes a physical slot guy that CAN play some outside.

If blackmon plays all 16, Its him who has the breakout year. Esspecially with good QB play.

My guess - Blackmon 1400ish yards, Shorts 900 and 1000

I agree shorts is not a number 1. If Blackmon plays all year Cecil will benefit being the 2 receiver.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

CSIII is a good role player/#2 guy in the offense.  He can be just as important as the WR1 in what he does to a defense.  However we need to find someone to be the number one guy.  That will help CSIII in his production, he isn't the guy that teams fear so to speak or see as a top threat.  We need a big athletic freak type talent.  Blackmon can't be relied on in that role and the hope at this point should be that he simply gets the help he needs.  All the talent in the world but he needs to get his head straightened out in a big way before he even considers getting back on the field.

Quote:He never said he was. He was just praising the guy. Shorts is a darn good player.

The premise of this thread is that CSIII will have a "major breakout year". I'm illustrating why it likely will not happen. 

Well if TMD doesn't think it'll happen then it probably will