Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Isn't it funny how this stuff always seems to "fall into place" for the NFL's "preferred" teams

per rotoworld: 

The Baltimore Sun reports Norval Turner is a candidate for the Ravens' offensive-coordinator vacancy.

Turner made the most of his limited weapons in Cleveland, and would be an ideal fit for big-armed Joe Flacco. Although the Browns all but abandoned the ground game in 2013, Turner also has a long history of successfully running the ball, coaching the league's rushing champ five separate times. He'd be an improvement on Jim Caldwell.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What?

Breathe Mad Dog...Breathe....your head is gonna explode if you keep worrying about who everyone else is getting!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Breathe Mad Dog...Breathe....your head is gonna explode if you keep worrying about who everyone else is getting!

I'm really starting to hate the clique of teams that constantly keep getting these breaks with the continued cycle of constantly getting all the good coaches & players. 

Quote:I'm really starting to hate the clique of teams that constantly keep getting these breaks with the continued cycle of constantly getting all the good coaches & players.

Its not a "break"... success breeds more success. No highly coveted OC would come here.

Quote:Its not a "break"... success breeds more success. No highly coveted OC would come here.

Well sure its a break....Turner's been available now for weeks.....none of the other teams with openings hire him, then Detroit inexplicably hires what I believe is a bad hire in Jim Caldwell, thus opening Baltimore's OC position, and loookie here, whaddya know - Norv Turner's still out there for the taking. And the Ravens get him. It makes me sick. 

Joe Flacco >>>>> every QB in this year's draft.

Veteran proven offense >>>>> bottom 5 offense

Baltimore >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jacksonville
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Joe Flacco >>>>> every QB in this year's draft.

Veteran proven offense >>>>> bottom 5 offense

Baltimore >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jacksonville

But take Jax out of this....

Its still an example of the typical NFL favorite, catching a break. Theres other jobs Turner could have went to. 

and I'm also not sure that Flacco is better than all the QB from this draft either. 

Well Norv really helped his old boss keep his job...

Quote:Well Norv really helped his old boss keep his job...
He helped Gordon become a monster with nothing at QB. I would say he did alright.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:He helped Gordon become a monster with nothing at QB. I would say he did alright.

Wasn't good enough to help Cleveland win was it? So why should we be so worried.

Ps. Josh Gordon was well on his way to being a monster his rookie season

Quote:Wasn't good enough to help Cleveland win was it? So why should we be so worried.

Ps. Josh Gordon was well on his way to being a monster his rookie season
Come on, that would be like helping the Jaguars win... No way Goodell gonna let that happen. Cleveland isn't one of the 'in' towns.

Just a side note, every team we beat this year, had their coach fired. There was really nothing Kubiak could do, if you lose to the Jags (and go against Goodells plan to have the Jags lose every game), and you are gonna get canned. FACT. Kubiak tried to cover it up with Gordon's awesome game that day, but when you roll against Roger, you gonna get steamrolled flat.

I don't know why this board hasn't figured out that this narrative is the only conclusion a thinking person could make. Tongue

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Someone other than me should compare Cleveland's offensive ranking in 2012 vs. 2013. That would be a much better way to decide this.

*shrug*

We coulda hired him too, I guess. 

Would that have made the Jags one of the "nfls preferred teams?"

Quote:*shrug*

We didn't tho, did we...so looks like we're not. 

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2014, 11:10 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

Quote:*shrug*

See I think you have a fundamental missunderstanding of our position as a 'non-preferred' team. The narrative for us is like this: We could not hire Kubiak as an offensive coordinator because that would be a preferred hiring, clearly we were in the 'non-preferred' teir and therefore have no access to the preferred candidates. See? Simple. We can't hire a candidate and become preferred, Khan has to buy the preferred pass, and then we might be able to get a preferred level candidate.

It must be in that order: Pass, then candidate. Not the other way around.

Haha what about when we had Greg Williams? Or was he on a sabotage mission? As our D was useless that year.

Norvelle Turner??? Laughing

A marginal hire at best.

This thread really needs a huge "schticky"

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2014, 11:26 PM by Adam2012.)

Quote:He helped Gordon become a monster with nothing at QB. I would say he did alright.
For TMD:

Oh, so with the Jaguars it's Jerry Sullivan who is responsible for a wide receiver's growth. But for the Browns it's the OC. Was Norv also the receivers coach?

Do you think no one sees how transparent you are?
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Jim Hostler will probably get that job.