Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Isn't it funny how this stuff always seems to "fall into place" for the NFL's "preferred" teams

Quote:Patriots

Colts

Steelers

Broncos

Ravens

Eagles

Giants

Redskins

Cowboys

Packers

Bears

Saints (Katrina) 'Murica

San Francisco

Well, the 49ers were horrible for a decade, and the 'Skins are terrible. The Cowboys have one playoff win in the past 17 years and have missed the playoffs several years in a row. Meanwhile, the Seahawks and Bengals seem to be doing just fine without being in the good favor of the league.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Well, the 49ers were horrible for a decade, and the 'Skins are terrible. The Cowboys have one playoff win in the past 17 years and have missed the playoffs several years in a row. Meanwhile, the Seahawks and Bengals seem to be doing just fine without being in the good favor of the league.

Yeah, 0-5 in the playoffs since the eighties is just fine. 

Seahawks might be buying their way into the preferred group. Remember Paul Allen is by far the league's richest owner. 

As far as the Redskins and Cowboys, they are special cases as their owners are radicals and their meddling is responsible for their fortunes, but even then, the NFL don't keep those 2 teams out of the hunt long. Its not good for business. 

Quote:Yeah, 0-5 in the playoffs since the eighties is just

Making the playoffs 4 of the last five years is quite an accomplishment considering that the league is against them.

Quote:Patriots

Colts

Steelers

Broncos

Ravens

Eagles

Giants

Redskins

Cowboys

Packers

Bears

Saints (Katrina) 'Murica

San Francisco

So almost half the NFL...

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2014, 05:00 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Making the playoffs 4 of the last five years is quite an accomplishment considering that the league is against them.

I'd put Cincinnati in the "league don't care either way" category. 

Teams like Jacksonville, Cleveland and Detroit are in the league does not like them category. 

Quote:I'd put Cincinnati in the "league don't care either way" category.

Teams like Jacksonville, Cleveland and Detroit are in the league does not like them category.

Well they're in a division with two "preferred" teams, so the odds are stacked against them.

Quote: 

Seahawks might be buying their way into the preferred group. Remember Paul Allen is by far the league's richest owner. 

Well, if it's that easy, Khan will surely do this, too, right? 

Oh, look. You've just found a way to spin this to favor your argument should the Jags actually end up reversing their fortunes one day. Not bad.

On Wisconsin.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2014, 05:28 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Well, if it's that easy, Khan will surely do this, too, right? 

Oh, look. You've just found a way to spin this to favor your argument should the Jags actually end up reversing their fortunes one day. Not bad.

I wouldn't be looking for a reason to spin anything should the Jags start to win consistently - (and thats playoff wins too, - not the Cincinnati under Marvin Lewis kind of "success". )

Quote:I wouldn't be looking for a reason to spin anything should the Jags start to win consistently - (and thats playoff wins too, - not the Cincinnati under Marvin Lewis kind of "success". )

Right...

Quote:Right...

Believe whatever you want. I want the team to be successful. 

Its odd how my negative and anger over the Jags fate over the last 14 years, i,e, a LOSING organization somehow translates into me hoping they will lose.  :wacko: 

At least you got the "odd" part right.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Believe whatever you want. I want the team to be successful.

Its odd how my negative and anger over the Jags fate over the last 14 years, i,e, a LOSING organization somehow translates into me hoping they will lose. :wacko:

My post was in regards to spinning it to then explain why the Jags are now a preferred team.

There is a difference between disagreeing with moves they have made or are making and another to constantly be negative toward any positive that comes out about the Jags. Also, repeating the same narrative over and over and over again gets old.

Quote:for what? Things still usually fall into place for the NFL's "preferred",....or else I'd never have made this thread.....just because Turner wound up going elsewhere doesn't erase my entire premise. 
Well, things usually fall into place for the "NFL's preferred" teams because their GM actually knew what they were doing in building a team, and of course, a little luck of landing a franchise QB helps i.e. Brady, Wilson.

Just make sure the GM and coaches are competing enough, and success will follow.

Quote:Well, things usually fall into place for the "NFL's preferred" teams because their GM actually knew what they were doing in building a team, and of course, a little luck of landing a franchise QB helps i.e. Brady, Wilson.

Just make sure the GM and coaches are competing enough, and success will follow.

No no no. It's rigged. The NFL can see into the future and tell the preferred teams who to draft. Obviously.

Quote:No no no. It's rigged. The NFL can see into the future and tell the preferred teams who to draft. Obviously.
I think this is exactly what goes on inside TMD's head.  And no, I'm not joking.

Quote:While I don't agree with the premise of the thread - I do recall you saying this  ^ about Turner a couple of years ago. 

I concur. TMD has always declared Norv Turner as a terrible head coach but very decent OC. I agree with his assessment as well.

REgards.....................the Chiefjag