Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Isn't it funny how this stuff always seems to "fall into place" for the NFL's "preferred" teams

Quote:Joe Flacco >>>>> every QB in this year's draft.

Veteran proven offense >>>>> bottom 5 offense

Baltimore >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jacksonville

The Ravens were 29th in total offense.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Norvelle Turner??? Laughing

A marginal hire at best.

This thread really needs a huge "schticky"

Norv may suck as a HC, but as an OC he's always been very good. 

Quote:Joe Flacco >>>>> every QB in this year's draft.

Veteran proven offense >>>>> bottom 5 offense

Baltimore >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jacksonville

Also, I certainly wouldn't trade our pick for Joe Flacco.

Quote:The Ravens were 29th in total offense.

We were 28th. If you were an offensive coordinator currently looking for a job would you choose the Jags over the Ravens?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Also, I certainly wouldn't trade our pick for Joe Flacco.

To each his own. If I had the opportunity to chose a proven QB in Flacco over an unknown in Bridgewater/Bortles/Manziel I would pull the trigger in a heartbeat.

If everything goes right TB ceiling would be Joe Flacco.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Have you been tested?
Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:We were 28th. If you were an offensive coordinator currently looking for a job would you choose the Jags over the Ravens?

There are pros and cons to each job. There would be a great deal to consider. As much as I like what Caldwell has done so far, Ozzie has a decade and a half of excellence and two Super Bowl rings, so that would be a huge advantage for the Ravens job. That being said I would honestly rather draft and develop my own QB than to be shackled to Joe Flacco at 20 mil a year. I also really don't like the Ray Rice contract either. Also, with a healthy Joekel and an elidgable Blackmon, I think the level of offensive talent is pretty equal on the two teams, with the exception of QB.

Quote:To each his own. If I had the opportunity to chose a proven QB in Flacco over an unknown in Bridgewater/Bortles/Manziel I would pull the trigger in a heartbeat.

If everything goes right TB ceiling would be Joe Flacco.

As far as the first part, if we were talking about Aaron Rodgers sure, but not Flacco. Again, even if your QB isn't in this draft you can get him next year. With Flacco you are stuck with him and that contract.

As far as the second part. I completely disagree. Flacco has yet to eclipse 4000 yards or 30 TDs in his career. I'm willing to bet Bridgewater has at least one of the two in his first 6 seasons.

Worrying about the entire NFL getting people that aren't on the Jaguars ..... = jags win????

You're Welcome.

This is just getting dumber and dumber.  If this isn't shtick, I sincerely feel sorry for you.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

So did everything fall in place for Cleveland last year, when they hired Chudzinski, Norv Turner, AND Ray Horton last year?

Did they go from "preferred" to "non preferred" in one year?

I agree Norv Turner is a good hire for the Ravens, but dude...

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

While the Ravens may end up hiring a high quality Offensive Coordinator,   there's two related concerns that Ozzie Newsome and John Harbaugh have to deal with:

1.  The Ravens could lose one or more Assistant Coaches to the Lions.  Reportedly,  Jim Caldwell is targeting Ravens DB Coach Teryl Austin to be the Lions new Defensive Coordinator.  In seeing the great progress of Ravens CB Jimmy Smith,  losing Austin could prove significant for the Ravens if this indeed happens.

2.   It remains to be seen how well the Ravens new Offensive Coordinator fits with the returning coaches on the Ravens staff.   Already,  Wilbert Montgomery was fired as RB Coach and Juan Castillo,  the team's running game Coordinator,   is becoming their Offensive Line Coach.

In fairness to all of the 2013 Ravens Offensive Coaches,  the Offensive Unit was hit hard by injuries,  the salary cap situation that led to the Ravens trading WR Anquan Boldin to the 49ers for only a 6th round pick,  and the underachievement of LT Bryant McKinnie.   Then when Eugene Monroe replaced McKinnie at LT after the trade with the Jaguars,  there was a major learning curve for Monroe in the Ravens Offense.   

TMD, you've gone 'round the bend once again. It's only football. Come back to normalcy, son, we miss you (the vote was close, though).

On Caldwell- maybe he's ready to be a HC now after putting in his apprenticeship at Indy. He has the demeanor for it and with good hires, he could do well in Detroit.

On Whisenhunt- I see good things for the titans for similar reasons, KW has cut his teeth in Az and is probably much more prepared this time around.

On Bill O'Brien- first time HC in the NFL has a steep learning curve. IMO, he's a much bigger risk than the other two, even given his Patriots and Penn St. experience.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Where does Dallas fall along the spectrum of preference?

Yes, they've been to eight Super Bowls and won five, and they are a high profile team-if not the highest.

But you can't argue too many things have fallen into place for them over the last fifteen or so years, can you?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2014, 09:22 AM by Predator.)

TMD reminds me of the spoiled rich girl in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory who was jealous of everything anyone else got.

Quote:TMD reminds me of the spoiled rich girl in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory who was jealous of everything anyone else got.

Not to mention, Turner has been one of his biggest whipping boys over the years with his "antique" offense.

Wow... just when you thought the tale spin and tale chasing couldn't get any worse.

And he still doesn't realize he's the court jester?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Not to mention, Turner has been one of his biggest whipping boys over the years with his "antique" offense.

Total lie. 

And I am calling you on it. 

SHow me evidence of the above. 

Like with some of the others of that ilk, I may have cirticized Turner's prowess as a head coach, but never as an OC, I have always thought highly of Turner as an OC. 

I'll wait for you to show evidence of the above. .....probably be waiting a long time....

Quote:Like with some of the others of that ilk, I may have cirticized Turner's prowess as a head coach, but never as an OC, I have always thought highly of Turner as an OC.

And there it is... total tale spin.  Lucky for you, the archives are gone.

This is why you sit on so many fence posts... there's always an "out" to claim in case the flip has to become a flop later on.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote: 

Like with some of the others of that ilk, I may have cirticized Turner's prowess as a head coach, but never as an OC, I have always thought highly of Turner as an OC. 

While I don't agree with the premise of the thread - I do recall you saying this  ^ about Turner a couple of years ago. 

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2014, 06:08 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Total lie. 

And I am calling you on it. 

SHow me evidence of the above. 

I'll wait for you to show evidence of the above. .....probably be waiting a long time....

Quote:And there it is... total tale spin.  Lucky for you, the archives are gone.

This is why you sit on so many fence posts... there's always an "out" to claim in case the flip has to become a flop later on.

Quote:While I don't agree with the premise of the thread - I do recall you saying this  ^ about Turner a couple of years ago. 

Thank you for the honesty/ integrity. 

pirk has resorted to flat out bold faced lying now.