Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Isn't it funny how this stuff always seems to "fall into place" for the NFL's "preferred" teams

Quote:Hahaha, so this malevolent puppeteer who is pulling all these string also has a sense of justice and fair play?

Do you read the crap you write before you post it?

Who said anything about justice and fair play?? (other than you). Its about trying to regain the lost Baltimore Colt fan) 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ahh yes the great NFL conspiracy

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014, 01:46 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Ahh yes the great NFL conspiracy

The NFL is turning into old Vince McMahon/ Hulk Hogan scripted WWF. 

Its not about Pete Rozelle's vision of parity anymore. Now its about keeping the money teams and the "brand" teams where they are at so the bling keeps rolling in and those large fanbases keep watching. 

The NFL has zero desire to see a Jacksonville or a Detroit in rising up and winning a SB at this point. They'd rather just keep the status quo. 

Quote:Who said anything about justice and fair play?? (other than you). Its about trying to regain the lost Baltimore Colt fan) 

Hahaha, you just pile crap on top of crap. Getting a few extra butts in seats in a bottom third of the league market town is worth rigging one of the biggest sports in the world.

Seems legit.

Quote:The NFL is turning into old Vince McMahon/ Hulk Hogan scripted WWF. 

Honestly, why do you watch?

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Its not about Pete Rozelle's vision of parity anymore. Now its about keeping the money teams and the "brand" teams where they are at so the bling keeps rolling in and those large fanbases keep watching.

The NFL has zero desire to see a Jacksonville or a Detroit in rising up and winning a SB at this point. They'd rather just keep the status quo.

Of course of course. Stupid NFL and their desire to keep Jacksonville down. That's why we drafted Blackmon they set him up to fail and made sure he'd land in Jacksonville

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014, 02:11 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Of course of course. Stupid NFL and their desire to keep Jacksonville down. That's why we drafted Blackmon they set him up to fail and made sure he'd land in Jacksonville

Actually, if I really wanted to continue this angle, having Blackmon suspended and Jacksonville cut him loose and have him go elsewhere and become the superstar everyone knows he can be would fit right into the "script" perfectly. 

The NFLPA didn't seem to anxious to help Blackmon here. 

I'll bet Dez Bryant has committed many violations over the past couple years, but they get hushed and swept under the carpet/ hidden because the NFL don't want those to "get out". They want Dez to blossom in Dallas. The NFL wants Blackmon out of Jacksonville and blossom elsewhere. IMO, of course....

Quote:Actually, if I really wanted to continue this angle, having Blackmon suspended and Jacksonville cut him loose and have him go elsewhere and become the superstar everyone knows he can be would fit right into the "script" perfectly.

The NFLPA didn't seem to anxious to help Blackmon here.

I'll bet Dez Bryant has committed many violations over the past couple years, but they get hushed and swept under the carpet/ hidden because the NFL don't want those to "get out". They want Dez to blossom in Dallas. The NFL wants Blackmon out of Jacksonville and blossom elsewhere. IMO, of course....

Lol

You want to be 'preferred'?  Get a premier Quarterback.  Simple as that really.  The NFL loves passers that drive up ratings.  Doesn't matter what team they play for.  Of course 'preferred' doesn't really get you that much, but you'd at least see some roughing the passer calls.  Passing is exciting, and that's why the NFL has made rules to make passing easier.  Unfortunately the lack of great talent at QB doesn't allow every team to have one of those QB's.  In fact very few teams are able to have them.  

Ideally the NFL would want 32 great Quarterbacks in the league.  That would really drive up ratings.

A team without a great QB can be successful.  They just have to work a little harder at it.  I don't think there's some great conspiracy.  Just business moves.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:You want to be 'preferred'?  Get a premier Quarterback.  Simple as that really.  The NFL loves passers that drive up ratings.  Doesn't matter what team they play for.  Of course 'preferred' doesn't really get you that much, but you'd at least see some roughing the passer calls.  Passing is exciting, and that's why the NFL has made rules to make passing easier.  Unfortunately the lack of great talent at QB doesn't allow every team to have one of those QB's.  In fact very few teams are able to have them.  

Ideally the NFL would want 32 great Quarterbacks in the league.  That would really drive up ratings.

A team without a great QB can be successful.  They just have to work a little harder at it.  I don't think there's some great conspiracy.  Just business moves.

I hope you're right with that last line. 

I'm sure I'm jaded a bit from the Jags last 14 seasons...

So the NFL intentionally torpedoes part(s) of their market to increase profitability?

Seems like legit economics to me.

Quote: They want Dez to blossom in Dallas.
NFL wants Dallas to succeed, that would explain their overwhelming success in the past decade

Quote:So the NFL intentionally torpedoes part(s) of their market to increase profitability?

Seems like legit economics to me.
right in a market that would flourish if we had a winning team

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014, 02:48 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:NFL wants Dallas to succeed, that would explain their overwhelming success in the past decade

Well they also don't bottom out like we have or like Detroit did. The NFL is doing all it can to keep Dallas relevant to make up for Jerry's meddling ruining the Cowboys. 

I mean...I see it a little bit, but there are some very large market teams who have rarely had success. Detroit, Cleveland, Phoenix, Atlanta, THE NEW YORK JETS (hello!). 

Then there are teams like the Indy Colts and Packers who have enjoyed quite a bit of success. The Colts got Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck back to back for cripes sake. 

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

Quote:Well it'd be nice if that was us for awhile....although I doubt it will ever happen. Not with this current leaguethink.

My initial reaction is to think you have to be joking, but then I realize your not.

Quote:I could see the NFL wanting Baltimore to do well as a payback of stripping them of the Colts in 1983 to begin with.

And this is the post I was replying to, not sure what happened.

You've still not said why you would bother to watch a sport you think is rigged.

I'm not asking so I can jump all over it, I just don't get it. If you don't think its a legit competition, or at least support a team who is set up to win, what do you get out of watching?

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014, 03:05 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:You've still not said why you would bother to watch a sport you think is rigged.

I'm not asking so I can jump all over it, I just don't get it. If you don't think its a legit competition, or at least support a team who is set up to win, what do you get out of watching?

Weather generally gets worse in the Northeast as the Fall goes on? At least in Southern cities the weather is better later into the Fall. Football on Sunday afternoons is what most people in these parts do. 

If it keeps up like this though I just might say screw it and give up the NFL altogether. If I wanted to watch something scripted/ predetermined, I'd watch wrestling....

You are saying two different things. They may not want to see the Jags rise up, but doesn't mean they are controlling teams decisions. What you are insinuating is Khan does not control the team, the NFL does. You sir are delusional

Quote:What else is there to do on Sundays in the Northeast when it gets cold??

Get a hobby...