Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Isn't it funny how this stuff always seems to "fall into place" for the NFL's "preferred" teams

Quote:Well they also don't bottom out like we have or like Detroit did. The NFL is doing all it can to keep Dallas relevant to make up for Jerry's meddling ruining the Cowboys.

But the NFL controls the teams, not the owners. You seem to be confused by your own conspiracy theory.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What else is there to do on Sundays in the Northeast when it gets cold?? At least in Southern cities the weather is better later into the Fall.

If it keeps up like this though I just might say screw it and give up the NFL altogether. If I wanted to watch something scripted/ predetermined, I'd watch wrestling....
Cool.

Does that mean you'll go away?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Get a hobby...

I have lots of hobbies. But I also had a love for football. The NFL is killing that though with this predetermined crap and purposely keeping my team bad for so long with little hope for the future. 

Quote:I have lots of hobbies. But I also had a love for football. The NFL is killing that though with this predetermined crap and purposely keeping my team bad for so long with little hope for the future.

Coming up with conspiracy theories isn't a hobby. Like a real hobby.

Quote:I mean...I see it a little bit, but there are some very large market teams who have rarely had success. Detroit, Cleveland, Phoenix, Atlanta, THE NEW YORK JETS (hello!). 

Then there are teams like the Indy Colts and Packers who have enjoyed quite a bit of success. The Colts got Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck back to back for cripes sake. 

Ah yes, the Indianapolis Colts, another team which any puppet master would be desperate to push to the top. 25th biggest market, fairly short history in the city, a tiny stadium, a place on nobodies bucket list and a town and state which prefers basketball. Yup forget the New York Jets, get those guys in the Superbowl.

If I ran the NFL, the Colts would be the first team I would rig it for.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014, 03:25 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Ah yes, the Indianapolis Colts, another team which any puppet master would be desperate to push to the top. 25th biggest market, fairly short history in the city, a tiny stadium, a place on nobodies bucket list and a town and state which prefers basketball. Yup forget the New York Jets, get those guys in the Superbowl.

If I ran the NFL, the Colts would be the first team I would rig it for.

well just to continue the theory....

The NFL has to prop someone else up in the division if it hates Jacksonville so much :whistling:

They gave them Luck right at the end of Manning's career to keep Jax down. KNowing that it buys the NFL another decade of suppression for the Jags. I think the NFL was starting to waver though and get scared as they saw that Irsay and Grigson are making some dopey moves so to help the agenda out, they got Houston to help with the tanking and now 1st pick/ top QB, which will keep them also fighting for the division for the next 5-10 years. 

I'll believe my theory is wrong only when I see consistent winning by the Jaguars in Jacksonville. 

I maintain that the ulterior motive here is to crush the Jacksonville fan base into apathy with the sustained losing so that the fans stop going and the team moves to one of Goodell/ Leagues ideal spots, i.e. London/ LA. 

And then, when the Jags do move, watch how quick the NFL lets the franchise then turn it around. Because then it will be in the NFL's interest for this franchise to then thrive, You watch. 

This is my theory but I am sticking to it till proven wrong. 

Quote:well just to continue the theory....

The NFL has to prop someone else up in the division if it hates Jacksonville so much :whistling:

They gave them Luck right at the end of Manning's career to keep Jax down. KNowing that it buys the NFL another decade of suppression for the Jags. I think the NFL was starting to waver though and get scared as they saw that Irsay and Grigson are making some dopey moves so to help the agenda out, they got Houston to help with the tanking and now 1st pick/ top QB, which will keep them also fighting for the division for the next 5-10 years. 

I'll believe my theory is wrong only when I see consistent winning by the Jaguars in Jacksonville. 

I maintain that the ulterior motive here is to crush the Jacksonville fan base into apathy with the sustained losing so that the fans stop going and the team moves to one of Goodell/ Leagues ideal spots, i.e. London/ LA. 

And then, when the Jags do move, watch how quick the NFL lets the franchise then turn it around. Because then it will be in the NFL's best interest for this franchise to then thrive, You watch. 

This is my theory but I am sticking to it till proven wrong. 

[Image: 38265499.jpg]

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Wouldn't the NFL pick the Houston Texans (Houston is one of the most populous cities in America) over the Colts in the scenario? It's not like the Colts were any good before Peyton showed up. 

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014, 03:43 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Wouldn't the NFL pick the Houston Texans (Houston is one of the most populous cities in America) over the Colts in the scenario? It's not like the Colts were any good before Peyton showed up. 

They have both good now or will. (after the 1 year reloads)

Just embarrassing.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014, 04:01 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Just embarrassing.

Is it? We shall see. 

If the scenario plays out as my theory suggests over the next X number of years, I wonder what your excuse will be. 

If in 15 years the Jags are then in LA or London and winning after continued losing in Jax until they were forced to move because of (Goodell & co's) desired result fan apathy, just like I predicted 15 years prior, I'd love to hear your spin on how I didn't nail this. 

I want it to work in Jax. 

I want them to win right here. 

But in my opinion, the NFL doesn't. Or else it wouldn't be this difficult. Things wouldn't line up so perfectly to keep the Jags down, for such a long time. 

Quote:Is it? We shall see. 

If the scenario plays out as my theory suggests over the next X number of years, I wonder what your excuse will be. 

If in 15 years the Jags are then in LA or London and winning after continued losing in Jax until they were forced to move because of (Goodell & co's) desired result fan apathy, just like I predicted 15 years prior, I'd love to hear your spin on how I didn't nail this. 
lol, ok.  It has nothing to do with if they end up moving or not and everything to do with your lack of reality.

Quote:lol, ok.  It has nothing to do with if they end up moving or not and everything to do with your lack of reality.

my lack of reality?  My scenario is certainly plausible. 

Quote:my lack of reality?  My scenario is certainly plausible. 
I started to explain why you are so delusional, then i caught myself falling for the troll once again.  I'm not going to explain it, i think you already know you're full of it but LOVE this attention.  If not i really feel for you.  Actually, i do either way.  I'll give it to you, you are hands down the most successful troll this board, or any forum i've ever been on for that matter, has ever seen.

Quote:my lack of reality?  My scenario is certainly plausible. 

Yes, your scenario of the NFL being rigged from the top down is certainly plausible.

[Image: mj-laughing.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014, 04:15 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Yes, your scenario of the NFL being rigged from the top down is certainly plausible.

[Image: mj-laughing.gif]

do you honestly believe the multi billion dollar NFL is as squeaky clean and without corruption as you imply??? Hard for any thinking person to believe that. Even if my theory is false (which I hope it is) theres corrupt stuff going on in this league that we don't even know about, in my opinion. I think all pro sports and even major college ones are all the same in that regard. 

Or, as said, maybe all this losing the Jags have done in the past 14 years has just made me this jaded regarding football. 

Quote:do you honestly believe the multi billion dollar NFL is as squeaky clean and without corruption as you imply??? Hard for any thinking person to believe that. Even if my theory is false (which I hope it is) theres corrupt stuff going on in this league that we don't even know about. 

With regards to who teams sign as coaches and players as well as who ends up successful on the field?

No. Norv ending up in Baltimore, which didn't happen, wasn't something called on by Goodell to keep the Ravens relevant. Believe it or not, teams make wrong choices themselves which set make them bad. We happened to make a wrong choice, Gene Smith, after another wrong choice, Shack Harris. The NFL isn't keeping us down, our organization has been.

Quote:With regards to who teams sign as coaches and players as well as who ends up successful on the field?

No. Norv ending up in Baltimore, which didn't happen, wasn't something called on by Goodell to keep the Ravens relevant. Believe it or not, teams make wrong choices themselves which set make them bad. We happened to make a wrong choice, Gene Smith, after another wrong choice, Shack Harris. The NFL isn't keeping us down, our organization has been.
Our organization is part of the NFL, but that would make his head explode.

TMD,  if the NFL wants the Jaguars to fail in Jacksonville,  how do you explain the Jaguars being the most successful expansion franchise in their first 5 seasons of the modern NFL era?  Especially when considering that Carolina and Jacksonville had the most favorable expansion talent acquistion formula to work with in the modern era.