Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Isn't it funny how this stuff always seems to "fall into place" for the NFL's "preferred" teams

But is there a direct correlation between on the field success and value though? If you look at Forbes' list for most valuable teams, Dallas Washington and Houston all populate the top Five, and those three teams have one Playoff win between them over the past several years. Dallas' last post-season win was in 2009 with Phillips as the Head Coach, Houston finally got into the Playoffs in 2011, and were a one and done team, and Washington hasn't had a win since Gibbs was there.

Granted, New England is up there in worth, but that probably has more to do with sheer population size than anything else.

If the League is using it's "giant unseen hand" to move players to teams, it doesn't really seem to change value all that much.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014, 05:39 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:TMD,  if the NFL wants the Jaguars to fail in Jacksonville,  how do you explain the Jaguars being the most successful expansion franchise in their first 5 seasons of the modern NFL era?  Especially when considering that Carolina and Jacksonville had the most favorable expansion talent acquistion formula to work with in the modern era.  

Funny you should ask this because I have a theory on this as well....(you didn't think I would have left any stone unturned, right?? :teehee: )....

If you recall, both the Jags and Panthers had quick success, no? IMO, this was no accident. This was by design, so that the NFL could see/gauge how much popularity each of the franchises could get/ thus, being more profitable to the league. The Jags wound up being very good recordwise over especially the 1996-1999 period, but the popularity as a whole still remained pretty low for the Jaguars. Had the Jags popularity during that "test" run become vast, then the NFL would have made sure any Jaguars ebb would have been short lived so that the popularity, would have helped sustain. IMO, Weaver was privy to this plan, too, hence his seemingly desperation during that period to try to do everything they could to get that superbowl win, despite those moves being extremely short sighted and resulting in a later salary cap problem and roster purge, 

again, this is all just a theory. 

This is the most ludicrous thing I've ever read.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014, 05:52 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:This is the most ludicrous thing I've ever read.

Most genius' early theories seem as such.   :teehee:  ....just sayin'

Quote:Most genius' early theories seem as such.   :teehee:
Stop. 

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Well, as said, its just a theory. We'll see how close it comes to being the truth. Maybe it won't be close at all. Maybe the Jags will start consistently winning soon and I can then admit I was wrong. 

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014, 05:57 PM by bleedingteal.)

[Image: Simpsons%20-%20Enter%20and%20Leave.gif]

I can't take you seriously on any football chat from now on.

What is it about the end of season any you going nuts...like your name theory.

Quote:This is the most ludicrous thing I've ever read.

Just the court jester, nailing the role again.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Well, as said, its just a theory. We'll see how close it comes to being the truth. Maybe it won't be close at all. Maybe the Jags will start consistently winning soon and I can then admit I was wrong. 

Oh, golly gee, I can't wait.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I can't take you seriously on any football chat from now on.

What is it about the end of season any you going nuts...like your name theory.

you never did before anyway. 

No big loss. 

Quote:you never did before anyway.

No big loss.

That's wrong. I think you have some good takes on the NFL when you don't try to twist it into jags bashing

Quote:Funny you should ask this because I have a theory on this as well....(you didn't think I would have left any stone unturned, right?? :teehee: )....

If you recall, both the Jags and Panthers had quick success, no? IMO, this was no accident. This was by design, so that the NFL could see/gauge how much popularity each of the franchises could get/ thus, being more profitable to the league. The Jags wound up being very good recordwise over especially the 1996-1999 period, but the popularity as a whole still remained pretty low for the Jaguars. Had the Jags popularity during that "test" run become vast, then the NFL would have made sure any Jaguars ebb would have been short lived so that the popularity, would have helped sustain. IMO, Weaver was privy to this plan, too, hence his seemingly desperation during that period to try to do everything they could to get that superbowl win, despite those moves being extremely short sighted and resulting in a later salary cap problem and roster purge, 

Hours after the Jaguars 2nd round playoff upset in Denver in the 1996 season,   there was a mega sized rally at Jacksonville Municipal Stadium for the Jaguars when they returned from the Mile High City.    If this wasn't a sign of vast popularity,   I'm not sure what is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcY-vDZo84M

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014, 06:53 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Hours after the Jaguars 2nd round playoff upset in Denver in the 1996 season,   there was a mega sized rally at Jacksonville Municipal Stadium for the Jaguars when they returned from the Mile High City.    If this wasn't a sign of vast popularity,   I'm not sure what is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcY-vDZo84M

I was talking more of a national following type level, not merely locally. i,e, TV ratings for games the Jaguars were in over that span/ merchandise purchased/ etc ect......in other words, their potential as a money maker for the sport. 

Quote:Funny you should ask this because I have a theory on this as well....(you didn't think I would have left any stone unturned, right?? :teehee: )....

Do you have a tinfoil hat that you wear daily...or do you have one for each specific day of the week? :whistling:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Well, as said, its just a theory.

I think your definition of what makes a theory needs as much work as your "clinical definition" of insanity. 

The NFL doesn't "want" us to suck.

It's our own fault we suck.  WE made poor decisions.

It's why most sucky people suck.

Quote:The NFL doesn't "want" us to suck.

It's our own fault we suck.  WE made poor decisions.

It's why most sucky people suck.

most people aren't a multi multi billion dollar business

Quote:well just to continue the theory....

The NFL has to prop someone else up in the division if it hates Jacksonville so much :whistling:

They gave them Luck right at the end of Manning's career to keep Jax down. KNowing that it buys the NFL another decade of suppression for the Jags. I think the NFL was starting to waver though and get scared as they saw that Irsay and Grigson are making some dopey moves so to help the agenda out, they got Houston to help with the tanking and now 1st pick/ top QB, which will keep them also fighting for the division for the next 5-10 years. 

I'll believe my theory is wrong only when I see consistent winning by the Jaguars in Jacksonville. 

I maintain that the ulterior motive here is to crush the Jacksonville fan base into apathy with the sustained losing so that the fans stop going and the team moves to one of Goodell/ Leagues ideal spots, i.e. London/ LA. 

And then, when the Jags do move, watch how quick the NFL lets the franchise then turn it around. Because then it will be in the NFL's interest for this franchise to then thrive, You watch. 

This is my theory but I am sticking to it till proven wrong.
Look, we all know you have no "theory". We also know you don't believe much of what you put out.

Clearly you make up most of what you profess to believe on the fly.

But it is amusing to see you get deeper and deeper into the muck as you get tangled up in your own "theories" when someone pretends to take you seriously and presents facts.

With you it's always Comedy Central.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:most people aren't a multi multi billion dollar business

Because most people they don't make the outstanding decisions that put them there.

You're making his point.

You make better decisions than your peers, and you are rewarded.  You make bad choices, and that too is paid back in kind.

The clubs mistakes have compounded their struggles.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."