Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
1st Round Pick

Assuming Teddy gets pick #1 overall, who is our guy? I wanna hear your option Jaguar Nation. The front runners are:

J. Manziel, B. Bortles, J. Clowney, A. Barr, now I'm hearing K. Mack.

Who do you guys want? Personally unless Teddy falls to us by some miracle I'm all for Clowney. Maybe Manziel I see some big upside to him and you know people will tune into our games and we might get a lot of national spotlight cause everyone loves watching Johnny. I think that Bortles is severely Overrated, nothing jumps out at me when I watch this guy, a 2nd round talent to me. Clowney however is the best guy in this draft easily, since his first couple games people knew he would be. Big, athletic freak, strong, fast and pass rush is a big need for us and would give us a great young duo at DE. Again unless Teddy falls to us I say we don't even go QB in the draft, I say we build a strong team get talented players and build chemistry for the future so a QB can come into our team and not be set up to lose. There's also a lot of Great talent coming out next year (Mainly Jameis).

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Assuming Teddy gets pick #1 overall, who is our guy? I wanna hear your option Jaguar Nation. The front runners are:

J. Manziel, B. Bortles, J. Clowney, A. Barr, now I'm hearing K. Mack.

Who do you guys want? Personally unless Teddy falls to us by some miracle I'm all for Clowney. Maybe Manziel I see some big upside to him and you know people will tune into our games and we might get a lot of national spotlight cause everyone loves watching Johnny. I think that Bortles is severely Overrated, nothing jumps out at me when I watch this guy, a 2nd round talent to me. Clowney however is the best guy in this draft easily, since his first couple games people knew he would be. Big, athletic freak, strong, fast and pass rush is a big need for us and would give us a great young duo at DE. Again unless Teddy falls to us I say we don't even go QB in the draft, I say we build a strong team get talented players and build chemistry for the future so a QB can come into our team and not be set up to lose. There's also a lot of Great talent coming out next year (Mainly Jameis).

You've done riled up the hornet's nest now.....

[Image: gus-psyche-popcorn.gif]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 29m 

Still early but source beleves if its up to Bill O'Brien expect Blake Bortles/UCF at 1st pick or Zach Mettenberger/LSU at the top of rnd 2

Quote: 

Texans owner Bob McNair said South Carolina junior DE Jadeveon Clowney is a better athlete than former Houston star Mario Williams.

"He's a remarkable player," McNair said. "He's a once in every ten years kind of physical specimen that comes along. Mario Williams was that way. I think that Clowney is actually a better athlete than Mario. So that tells you what kind of player he can be." McNair went on to discuss J.J. Watt. "If we get Clowney," McNair said he told Watt, "we want you to instill in him the same kind of work habits that you have." McNair, a South Carolina alum, went to Clowney's bowl game. Houston is expected to take a quarterback with the first overall pick, but they could conceivably call an audible, trade down a few spots, and grab a player McNair clearly admires.

Quote:You've done riled up the hornet's nest now.....

Hahaha it's what I do best

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2014, 07:35 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Manziel or Clowney, and Bortles wouldnt be bad

Quote:You've done riled up the hornet's nest now.....

Haha

Quote:

Interesting comment by McNair. If I were a Texans fan I'd be excited about that

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2014, 07:39 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

<div>
<div>
<div> 
</div>
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ESPNMag'>[Image: aedba9dfdf473e365f26e1298f59881c_normal.jpeg]ESPN The Magazine<span>Verified account</span> ‏@<b>ESPNMag</b> </a></div>
</div>
Concerned about Johnny Manziel's passing? No need. He's been as good or better than Teddy Bridgewater <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=%23MAGraphic&src=hash'>#<b>MAGraphic</b></a>

[Image: BdekERUCIAA8_tP.jpg]

https://twitter.com/ESPNMag/status/42098...09/photo/1

What does "adjusted" QBR mean?

Of course we all know statistics don't tell the whole story, but that graphic does make me think #3 is not a reach for Johnny Manziel.

Quote:Very different offenses.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ESPNMag'>[Image: aedba9dfdf473e365f26e1298f59881c_normal.jpeg]ESPN The MagazineVerified account ‏@ESPNMag </a>

Concerned about Johnny Manziel's passing? No need. He's been as good or better than Teddy Bridgewater <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=%23MAGraphic&src=hash'>#MAGraphic</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ESPNMag/status/420985483447902209/photo/1'>https://twitter.com/ESPNMag/status/420985483447902209/photo/1</a>

Very sad that the Worldwide Leder doesn't realize that stats is not evaluation =(

So what if they are very different offenses? If Johnny Manziel is known for running a lot, but throws over 4,000 yards in 13 games, there must be more to the story than the type of offense he plays in. I would strongly consider picking Manziel at #3.

Quote:Very sad that the Worldwide Leder doesn't realize that stats is not evaluation =(
Its more than stats, you should watch him play!

Quote:Its more than stats, you should watch him play!

I have.  He's not a pocket passer.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I have.  He's not a pocket passer.
neither are the 2 QBs in the NFC championship

Quote:Neither are the 2 QBs in the NFC championship

I guess it depends on how you define "pocket passer." To me that means the opposite of a running quarterback - someone who does not run a lot. A player who is very good at both the run and pass, such as Michael Vick, is what I call a dual threat. Colin Kapernick and Russell Wilson are in that category - not exclusive pocket passers, but not running quarterbacks either. If Johnny Manziel is also a dual threat, and Teddy Bridgewater is a pocket passer like Peyton Manning, I would pick Manziel because mobility is important to me.

Quote: 

<div>
<div>
<div>
<div> 
</div>
[Image: aedba9dfdf473e365f26e1298f59881c_normal.jpeg]ESPN The Magazine<span>Verified account</span> ‏@<b>ESPNMag</b> </div>
</div>
Concerned about Johnny Manziel's passing? No need. He's been as good or better than Teddy Bridgewater #<b>MAGraphic</b>

https://twitter.com/ESPNMag/status/42098...09/photo/1

</div>
Meh...they run different types of offense.  Give me Teddy all day.

Quote:What does "adjusted" QBR mean?

that graphic does make me think #3 is not a reach for Johnny Manziel.
Hey JW, the graphic also makes manziel look just as tall as Bridgwater too! So, maybe he isn't that short after all huh?

Bortles or Bridgewater are my first choice and if they are both gone, I'd be more than happy with Manziel.

60% of the Time...It works everytime...

Bortles #1 after that any one of teddy, manziel, or clowney would be good