Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wow D6, the Lions missed out on Whisenhunt. and to make matters worse....

Quote:You'd like to think that. 

I knocked the Kelly, Harbaugh, McCoy and soon to be O Brien rec's right outta the park. 

Soon to be O'Brien?  I can't wait until O'Brien fails like the other disciples of Belichick.  I'm sure you'll back-track. Point to you liking Kelly/Reid more.  But saying you knocked that one out of the park before he even coaches a game?  Wow.  Just wow.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2014, 01:00 PM by jackinblack.)

clearly this is part of the NFL's diabolical scheme against us

Quote:Soon to be O'Brien?  I can't wait until O'Brien fails like the other disciples of Belichick.  I'm sure you'll back-track. Point to you liking Kelly/Reid more.  But saying you knocked that one out of the park before he even coaches a game?  Wow.  Just wow.

O Brien is not like other Belichick tree failures. All of them sans Saban, had ZERO head coaching experience when getting their NFL head coaching gigs. O Brien not only has head coaching experience, but success in that experience and did so in an adverse environment. He's a clear shooting star coaching wise. 

Quote:OK Mods.. seriously. WHY allow this garbage to continue to be posted on the Jacksonville Jaguars forums?    Enough already!

Aw, c'mon. Where else will we get such great unintentional comedy? (At first I though it was intentional, but quickly realized that would be giving TMD way too much credit.)

You know he doesn't believe half the stuff he posts - Jaguar related and otherwise. Whatever can illicit a response.

I suggest you just chuckle and move on.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

What's a rec?

Train rec?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2014, 02:12 PM by Perkolater.)

Quote:Dude you whining about posts shouldn't be allowed to go on like it does. Seriously, if you don't like/ agree with my football opinions then put me on ignore. 

You've posted like 10 times in the past 2 days and NONE of it has been about football, and all complaining about me. 

I'm the one actually keeping within the guidelines and posting football takes. 

You don't like what my opinions are. Simple as that. Well. Too bad. The ignore button is that way ---------------------------------------------> Use it. 
LOL!!!  Football opinions?!?!  All you post is the same tired drivel every day.  "The Jags suck, our divisional rivals are all better than us and will be for the foreseeable future... look at me look at me..." and on and on.    I'm not sure why you post here and posting the crap about the Jags moving is over the line in my opinion.       You pollute dang near every thread with your pathetic need for attention.  It got old long ago.   Don't flatter yourself to think I will put you on ignore and I will continue to lobby for your removal from the board if you continue posting this garbage.

Oh and whisenhunt has a 45-51 record as a head coach with a total of TWO winning seasons.   Some conspiracy.  LOL

Quote:O Brien is not like other Belichick tree failures. All of them sans Saban, had ZERO head coaching experience when getting their NFL head coaching gigs. O Brien not only has head coaching experience, but success in that experience and did so in an adverse environment. He's a clear shooting star coaching wise. 

Having head coach experience doesn't mean anything. Success at the college level doesn't always translate at the NFL level.  There are too many examples of this.  

Quote:LOL!!!  Football opinions?!?!  All you post is the same tired drivel every day.  "The Jags suck, our divisional rivals are all better than us and will be for the foreseeable future... look at me look at me..." and on and on.    I'm not sure why you post here and posting the crap about the Jags moving is over the line in my opinion.       You pollute dang near every thread with your pathetic need for attention.  It got old long ago.   Don't flatter yourself to think I will put you on ignore and I will continue to lobby for your removal from the board if you continue posting this garbage.

Oh and whisenhunt has a 45-51 record as a head coach with a total of TWO winning seasons.   Some conspiracy.  LOL

Oh, so if I don't stop stating my opinions "because they are negative"  and start posting opinions you agree with (i.e. positive drivel) then you are going to lobby for my removal?? 

LOL, sounds like a dictator. 

And I thought the new way was "tolerance". 

The above is nothing more than your interpretation/ opinion. I have my opinions on the team/ current situation and they are no less valuable than yours. 

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2014, 02:26 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Having head coach experience doesn't mean anything. Success at the college level doesn't always translate at the NFL level.  There are too many examples of this.  

Having Head coach experience at a major division 1 school doesn't mean anything? I disagree. It definitely gives one the edge/ experience over a candidate without it. More so - he was SUCCESSFUL in it, and did so in adverse environment with the sanctions and all. He wasn't awarded with 4 COTY awards for nothing. 

Plus, O Brien had more than just success at the college level only. He was a highly respected NFL assistant previous to that. He helped keep that season that Brady was lost in game 1 - sustainable - to the point they wound up with 11 wins. 

Unless you are trying not to see it, O Brien is definitely a shooting star type of new hire. He's the next big thing of NFL coaches, similar to Harbaugh of 3 years ago. 

Quote:Having Head coach experience at a major division 1 school doesn't mean anything? I disagree. It definitely gives one the edge/ experience over a candidate without it. More so - he was SUCCESSFUL in it, and did so in adverse environment with the sanctions and all. He wasn't awarded with 4 COTY awards for nothing. 

Plus, O Brien had more than just success at the college level only. He was a highly respected NFL assistant previous to that. He helped keep that season that Brady was lost in game 1 - sustainable - to the point they wound up with 11 wins. 

Unless you are trying not to see it, O Brien is definitely a shooting star type of new hire. He's the next big thing of NFL coaches, similar to Harbaugh of 3 years ago. 

i agree with what youre saying, but again this is a hiring based on potential. you are the one saying that you dont want the jaguars to draft players based on potential or "ceilings" so why are you so psyched for the texans to hire a coach based on potential?

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:i agree with what youre saying, but again this is a hiring based on potential. you are the one saying that you dont want the jaguars to draft players based on potential or "ceilings" so why are you so psyched for the texans to hire a coach based on potential?

Not really identical comparisons, but I'll play - 

I've said that I don't want the Jags drafting on potential (particularly at QB) on blind potential only without the college tape backing up the potential with loads of good play. Blind potential reminds me of all the Gabbert hype pre-draft. 

Had the Jags hired a head coach with O Brien's resume I would have been stoked!! But even with him - the potential isn't Gabbert type blind potential, its based on what he's ACCOMPLISHED already in addition to where he projects as an NFL head coach. 

Quote:Not really identical comparisons, but I'll play - 

I've said that I don't want the Jags drafting on potential (particularly at QB) on blind potential only without the college tape backing up the potential with loads of good play. Blind potential reminds me of all the Gabbert hype pre-draft. 

Had the Jags hired a head coach with O Brien's resume I would have been stoked!! But even with him - the potential isn't Gabbert type blind potential, its based on what he's ACCOMPLISHED already in addition to where he projects as an NFL head coach. 

the jaguars under bradley have shown promise, the wins at the end of the season with all of the injuries, missing blackmon, henne as a qb, and all the rookies on both sides of the ball.... i think bradley deserves quite a bit of recognition for what he accomplished. so is the better hire bradley who already has nfl wins under his belt now as a head coach or o brien who has none?

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:the jaguars under bradley have shown promise, the wins at the end of the season with all of the injuries, missing blackmon, henne as a qb, and all the rookies on both sides of the ball.... i think bradley deserves quite a bit of recognition for what he accomplished. so is the better hire bradley who already has nfl wins under his belt now as a head coach or o brien who has none?

Wow...

I'd easily rather have O Brien, than Bradley, but I guess your question will begin to be answered next season. 

Quote:Having Head coach experience at a major division 1 school doesn't mean anything? I disagree. It definitely gives one the edge/ experience over a candidate without it. More so - he was SUCCESSFUL in it, and did so in adverse environment with the sanctions and all. He wasn't awarded with 4 COTY awards for nothing. 

He COULD
be the next big thing.  But there is no guarantee of it.  You keep acting as if there's no chance he fails, when it's most certainly there.  He's never been head coach of an NFL team.  You act as if this has already been a slam dunk, when there's absolutely no way of telling at this point in time.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2014, 03:08 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:He COULD
be the next big thing.  But there is no guarantee of it.  You keep acting as if there's no chance he fails, when it's most certainly there.  He's never been head coach of an NFL team.  You act as if this has already been a slam dunk, when there's absolutely no way of telling at this point in time.

I act that way because once a head coach illustrates that he can win in adverse environment, that bodes well for his chances of succeeding at the next head coach level. Nobody expected him to win at PennState after all that stuff went down. But he did. Add in O Brien's NFL experience, and what he did to help keep the Brady ACL year a winning year, and I think it is almost a stone, cold, lock that O Brien winds up a successful NFL head coach. 

The best predictors of success for both QB & coaches are those that prove to do more with less. 

Wow, some of you guys really need to chill out on your criticism of Mad Dog.  I don't always like what he says either but the guy's entitled to his opinion just like everybody else.  If he bothers you so much, just put him on ignore.  Not to mention you guys really light him up and get personal with the insults and from what I can tell, he doesn't really insult people. 

<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Quote:Having head coach experience doesn't mean anything. Success at the college level doesn't always translate at the NFL level.  There are too many examples of this.  

The NFC Championship Game is proof you are wrong.

Jim Harbaugh's only head coach experience before San Francisco was Stanford. He was Coach of the Year his first season BTW.

Quote:I'd easily rather have O'Brien than Bradley, but I guess your question will begin to be answered next season. 

We actually did consider interviewing Bill O'Brien, but he chose to stay at Penn State.

Gus Bradley had no head coaching experience at any level, so he was learning on the job like his players were. I think he will be a better coach next season.

Quote:The NFC Championship Game is proof you are wrong.

Jim Harbaugh's only head coach experience before San Francisco was Stanford. He was Coach of the Year his first season BTW.

One example doesn't make it fact.

There are plenty of failed first time NFL head coaches with college head coaching experience. Greg Schiano comes to mind.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Wow, some of you guys really need to chill out on your criticism of Mad Dog.  I don't always like what he says either but the guy's entitled to his opinion just like everybody else.  If he bothers you so much, just put him on ignore.  Not to mention you guys really light him up and get personal with the insults and from what I can tell, he doesn't really insult people. 

Thanks - thats what I always say too. If you don't like what I have to say put me on ignore. Thats what its there for. Few if any do. 

And I'll admit I sometimes insult en masse, like a group of people, or as a response to someone who fired the first shot, but you will rarely if ever see me directly insult another poster unabatedly.