Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rooting for Manning --- sure is easier now

It sure is easier rooting for Manning now that he isn't in Blue & White.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not for me. 

Go Patriots!!!

Quote:Not for me. 

Go Patriots!!!

Are you forgetting the Broncos have three former Jaguars? The Patriots can't say that about their roster.

I like Manning and have never had a problem rooting for him to win unless he was playing the Jags.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Patriots have long been a thorn in the Jags side.  Not sure why anyone would choose them over the Broncos.

Personally enjoy watching Tom Brady cry after losing.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Patriots have long been a thorn in the Jags side.  Not sure why anyone would choose them over the Broncos.

^^this^^

Pats knocked us out of just about every playoff run we've had...they can pound sand before I would ever root for them!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Peyton Manning is probably the player I respect the most in the NFL. I have no issues with rooting for him if my Jags are out of it.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2014, 11:06 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Are you forgetting the Broncos have three former Jaguars? The Patriots can't say that about their roster.

Yeah, and I disliked 2 of the 3. (Knighton is the only one I like). 

And that matters little....I can't stand Manning. That trumps all for me. 

Quote:Patriots have long been a thorn in the Jags side.  Not sure why anyone would choose them over the Broncos.

Peyton Manning has been a thorn in the Jags side more so than the Patriots. Him being in the division from 2002-2010 contributed significantly to us not ever winning it. Thus making us have to settle for wild card seeds the both years we made the playoffs in that span. Maybe if we would have won the division and gotten a bye, we would have not had to face the Patriots in the playoffs, or at worst faced them at home. Besides, once again you misplace your anger. Jack Del Rio and his simple defense was a big reason we always lost to them. I remember in one of the games Brady picked apart Jacks D to the tune of a record setting 24-26 for 92% completion rate. Jack refused to blitz him and instead got nickled and dimed to death. 

Also, if Peyton Manning would have taken care of business in 1999 at home vs the Tacks, maybe we'd have made that SB that year, as at that point we weren't yet owned by the Colts. Coughlin probably would have fared better vs that team than the Titans in the AFCC in 1999. The Titans were in our heads. So thats another reason to  root against Manning. 

While the Patriots knocked us out of the playoffs 3x, we also knocked them out once. People forget that. 

I'm pulling for the Pats despite what they have done to the Jags in the past.

Quote:I'm pulling for the Pats despite what they have done to the Jags in the past.

Why don't you want the Broncos to win?

Quote:Why don't you want the Broncos to win?

A guy I went to college with plays for the Pats, that's why I'm pulling for them. 

Manning just tied Tebow with 1 playoff victory for the Broncos.

Quote:Manning just tied Tebow with 1 playoff victory for the Broncos.

He should get win #2 next week.

Quote:He should get win #2 next week.

hope not

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2014, 01:12 AM by jag86fan.)

We've only had 2 real playoff runs. The patriots knocked us out of the first one and tennessee knocked us out of the second one.

Patriots=Spygate

Broncos=Paying players under the table...

They both cheated...

Personally, I'm going for the patriots because I can't stand Manning's crap at the line of scrimmage. Just call a play already!!!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Quote:We've only had 2 real playoff runs. The patriots knocked us out of the first one and tennessee knocked us out of the second one.

Patriots=Spygate

Broncos=Paying players under the table...

They both cheated...

Paying players under the table? What are you talking about?

Only one team cheated. Hate the Broncos all you want, but don't make up imaginary reasons.

Crawl out from under that rock. The Denver broncos won their super bowl by cheating the salary cap. Look it up...;

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Quote: 

Personally, I'm going for the patriots because I can't stand Manning's crap at the line of scrimmage. Just call a play already!!!

Yeah, how many times today did I have to hear "Omaha!!" ??? It's like just shut up and run the damn play!!

I'll be pulling for handsome tom over jughead.  I'm conditioned by too many consecutive years of hating Manning.  Can't possibly root for him.  

(and I'm married into a New England family) 

Quote:Crawl out from under that rock. The Denver Broncos won their super bowl by cheating the salary cap. Look it up.

Since the Patriots won a Super Bowl, the Broncos have not been there. I am not hiding under a rock. I know the Broncos have different guys in their front office, so what they did when John Elway was a player has nothing to do with the current team.