Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rooting for Manning --- sure is easier now

I don't "pull" or "root" for anyone besides the Jags.  I guess it's impossible for some to just impartially watch a game?

Huh

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Perhaps I got a bit carried away with the game last night but I just got confirmation from United Airways regarding my one-way ticket to Omaha departing on Tuesday.   Wallbash

Quote:I don't "pull" or "root" for anyone besides the Jags.  I guess it's impossible for some to just impartially watch a game?

you must be fun at parties.

I'll never root for the Patriots. Go Broncos!
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Yeah, how many times today did I have to hear "Omaha!!" ??? It's like just shut up and run the damn play!!

Quote:Perhaps I got a bit carried away with the game last night but I just got confirmation from United Airways regarding my one-way ticket to Omaha departing on Tuesday.   Wallbash

Good, I am not the only one...

Didn't it seem as if Peyton's mic was turned up a lot louder than normal too?? I guess the networks think that we actually want to hear that crap. 

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2014, 10:44 AM by jagherd.)

I'm rooting for the Patriots.

If Brady can make a Superbowl with what he's dealt with this year regarding receiving issues,, WOW. Just, WOW.

Granted, the Patriots running game (4 RBs and OLine) has been pretty awesome this season.

Plus,, I never liked the Broncos. And, I definitely can't stand Manning.

Go Pats!

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2014, 10:48 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I'm rooting for the Patriots.

If Brady can make a Superbowl with what he's dealt with this year regarding receiving issues,, WOW. Just, WOW.

Yep, if the Patriots can get there this year, then that just about cements Brady/ Belichick's HOF status, as well as shows you (what most of us know/ accept already) that QB & head coach are indeed by far the most important pieces to a team.

Quote:Yeah, how many times today did I have to hear "Omaha!!" ??? It's like just shut up and run the damn play!!
You have no idea what he does at the line of scrimmage.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:You have no idea what he does at the line of scrimmage.

Yeah I do, I just find him annoying/ obnoxious. Maybe if he was on my team it wouldn't be as....

Quote:Good, I am not the only one...

Didn't it seem as if Peyton's mic was turned up a lot louder than normal too?? I guess the networks think that we actually want to hear that crap. 
You don't stand for all of America Mr. Glitter. 

People do actually want to hear it. 

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2014, 10:52 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:You don't stand for all of America Mr. Glitter. 

People do actually want to hear it. 

Ok, Al Bundy...

How many different pairs of shoes did you wear yesterday?... Laughing 

My thoughts on the game yesterday. The dropped INT on the Bronco's second drive of the game was a back breaker for San Diego. They would have been down 7 and gotten a chance to tie it up. Playing from behind wasn't good for the Chargers because it took them until the late 3rd quarter to actually start throwing the ball.

The phantom PI call against Wes Welker was a huge game changer too. Yao Ming couldn't have caught that ball. Also, the conversion on 3rd and 17... man, that hurts.

I dont necessarily "root" for Manning now but i do have respect for how he is playing the game right now. He is making throws his body shouldnt anymore and is doing all the little veteran things to survive. It reminds me of Jordan's 40 point performance in his old age with the Wizards.

Its a testament to will power and the will to win even when the body begins to give out.

There was a throw on 3rd down mid way into the 3rd quarter. Manning dropped back and rifled the ball to Becker for 18 yards in between 3 defenders. He threw it with so much of his body i thought he would come off balance yet he stayed in line and darted a ball so fast the defenders in front of it couldnt turn their heads in time to react. You could see the Chargers defenders lose the will to fight after the play. It was a younger mans throw from a girzzled old veteran and i had to stop and do the golf clap.

I  would be happy to see either of them get another ring.  I actually dislike the Colts more now that Manning left.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2014, 11:10 AM by Ordar.)

Brady every time for me. I have nothing but admiration for him. Consistently dragging that team into the playoffs and beyond, year after year without any of the weapons that Manning has had in his career. (Moss/Welker perfect season excluded). New Englands number one receiver this year... Julian Edelman, says it all really. Along with no offensive weapons, the Patriots defence has been terrible for multiple seasons now. This year they've lost their two best defensive players to injury Wilfork and Mayo and yet he's still got them to the AFC championship game.

The two come backs against the Broncos and that insane 2 minute 2 score comeback against the Browns was incredible. If Brady had had the weapons that Manning had through his career....

If there was ever proof that a QB is the most important member of a team then Brady is it.

Plus he can win in the cold

Quote:I  would be happy to see either of them get another ring.  I actually dislike the Colts more now that Manning left.

That's funny you say that...I kind of feel the same way about them!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I actually dislike the Colts more now that Manning left.

Quote:That's funny you say that...I kind of feel the same way about them!!

Its only natural. They tanked a season to get another 10 years of playoffs. I never liked them even before, but now I hate the franchise. I admire Luck, the player, because I like watching excellence - much like when the Bulls had Jordan, the Lakers Kobe, etc etc....but I hate the Colts as a team. 

Quote:Its only natural. They tanked a season to get another 10 years of playoffs. I never liked them even before, but now I hate the franchise. I admire Luck, the player, because I like watching excellence - much like when the Bulls had Jordan, the Lakers Kobe, etc etc....but I hate the Colts as a team.

Until Luck actually does something...I'm tired of hearing how great he is. He very well might be the next big thing...but stop trying to make it happen before it actually happens already!!

Edit: not directed at you...just in general!! Wink
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2014, 12:20 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Peytons mike was definitely turned up.  I loved it when he yelled "fu**ing Julius" after Julius Thomas had a false start.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...d_15525224

I like Manning.  Sure he was a thorn in the side of the Jaguars for a long time.  But there were times that we beat him.  And he has a good personality.  

I don't like Tom Brady.  He's a sore loser, and his wife (who isn't that attractive despite being a Victoria's Secret Super Model) is a sore loser too.  I refuse to watch games with him in it, because announcers drool over him as much as they used to drool over Brett Favre (who I also couldn't stand and wouldn't watch unless he was playing the Jaguars)

"We're only going to score 17 points?!"  

Guess what, Tombalina!  Both times you faced the Giants in the Super Bowl, you couldn't score more than 17!

I was wrong about Trent Baalke.