Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rooting for Manning --- sure is easier now

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2014, 12:38 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I like Manning.  Sure he was a thorn in the side of the Jaguars for a long time.  But there were times that we beat him.  And he has a good personality.  

I don't like Tom Brady.  He's a sore loser,

I wish we had more QB around here that were as competitive and hated losing as much as Tom and yes, would run the score up in our wins...

Peyton, for as good as he is, has gone one and done in the playoffs 8 times, and probably should have won a heckuva lot more hardware than he has....

Gimme Brady over Manning, every time, and 2x on Sundays. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I wish we had more QB around here that were as competitive and hated losing as much as Tom and yes, would run the score up in our wins...

Peyton, for as good as he is, has gone one and done in the playoffs 8 times, and probably should have won a heckuva lot more hardware than he has....

Gimme Brady over Manning, every time, and 2x on Sundays. 

The Colts without Manning went 2-14.

The Patriots without Brady went 11-5.

Give me Manning every time.  Even in the playoffs.  The Patriots were more Belichick than Brady (and more spying than not).

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:The Colts without Manning went 2-14.

The Patriots without Brady went 11-5.

Give me Manning every time.  Even in the playoffs.  The Patriots were more Belichick than Brady (and more spying than not).

Tom Brady vs Peyton Manning H2H:

10-4. 

Yes, gimme the sore loser. 

Quote:you must be fun at parties.

I am the party!!!

Huh

Quote:Tom Brady vs Peyton Manning H2H:

10-4. 

Yes, gimme the sore loser. 

Tom Brady vs Eli Manning H2H:

1-3.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

I'm sure if the Patriots and Giants were to play in the same conference, the Brady vs Eli record would be the opposite.  Also,I believe this is one of the most important game in Manning's career, maybe second after his 2006 AFC championship game vs the Patriots.  If the Broncos doesn't win next week, then it doesn't matter how many MVP Manning wins, he'll always be remembered as second to Brady.  With the exception of 2007, what Brady can do with supar supporting casts is nothing short of amazing. 

If Brady can do it again this week, there should be no more arguement on who should be ranked higher in the QB GOAT list.

Quote:Tom Brady vs Eli Manning H2H:

1-3.

I thought he was playing vs Peyton this week, not Eli. 

Quote:I'll be pulling for handsome tom over jughead. I'm conditioned by too many consecutive years of hating Manning. Can't possibly root for him.

(and I'm married into a New England family)

Im sure your husband appreciates that

Quote:Im sure your husband appreciates that

wheres the emoticon for spitting out my soda in laughter! :woot: 

Quote:I'm sure if the Patriots and Giants were to play in the same conference, the Brady vs Eli record would be the opposite. Also, I believe this is one of the most important games in Manning's career, maybe second after his 2006 AFC championship game vs the Patriots. If the Broncos don't win next week, then it doesn't matter how many MVP Manning wins, he'll always be remembered as second to Brady. With the exception of 2007, what Brady can do with subpar supporting casts is nothing short of amazing. 

If Brady can do it again this week, there should be no more argument on who should be ranked higher in the QB goat list.

Why do you think the 2006 AFC Championship Game was any more important than the two Super Bowls he played in?

There will always be debates about whether Manning or Brady is the best quarterback until both are retired. Peyton will always be remembered as better than Tom if fans go by statistics and NFL MVP awards. However, the fans who do that are unaware of the differences in their teammates and coaches. Every aspect must be analyzed, so there is no quick or easy answer.

The 2006 AFC game was the de facto SB of that year.  If Patriots won that game, they win the SB against the Bears.  And that game was definitely one of Manning's most important games in his career. 

This game, too, is also one of his most important games in his career.  The supporting casts he has this year are some of the best he has had in his career.  He is at home and is the favorite in this game.  Conversely, Brady's supporting casts are banged up -- no Gronk, and his defense is as bad as always.  If Brady pulls this one off,the arguement on who is the better QB should officially end.

Quote:The 2006 AFC game was the de facto SB of that year. If Patriots won that game, they win the SB against the Bears. And that game was definitely one of Manning's most important games in his career. 

This game, too, is also one of his most important games in his career. The supporting casts he has this year are some of the best he has had in his career.  He is at home and is the favorite in this game. Conversely, Brady's supporting casts are banged up -- no Gronk, and his defense is as bad as always. If Brady pulls this one off,the argument on who is the better QB should officially end.

The Manning/Brady argument will never end. Patriots fans will always say Brady. Colts and Broncos fans will always say Manning. Fans of other teams will always say it is a tossup.

It won't be a toss up after this game.

I hope manning can get it done Sunday. I'm not much of a Brady fan. I have no hate for manning. I didn't like him when he played against the jags twice a year but can't deny his talent.

Quote:Yeah, and I disliked 2 of the 3. (Knighton is the only one I like). 

And that matters little....I can't stand Manning. That trumps all for me. 

Peyton Manning has been a thorn in the Jags side more so than the Patriots. Him being in the division from 2002-2010 contributed significantly to us not ever winning it. Thus making us have to settle for wild card seeds the both years we made the playoffs in that span. Maybe if we would have won the division and gotten a bye, we would have not had to face the Patriots in the playoffs, or at worst faced them at home. Besides, once again you misplace your anger. Jack Del Rio and his simple defense was a big reason we always lost to them. I remember in one of the games Brady picked apart Jacks D to the tune of a record setting 24-26 for 92% completion rate. Jack refused to blitz him and instead got nickled and dimed to death. 

Also, if Peyton Manning would have taken care of business in 1999 at home vs the Tacks, maybe we'd have made that SB that year, as at that point we weren't yet owned by the Colts. Coughlin probably would have fared better vs that team than the Titans in the AFCC in 1999. The Titans were in our heads. So thats another reason to  root against Manning. 

While the Patriots knocked us out of the playoffs 3x, we also knocked them out once. People forget that. 

While I get why fans hated Manning ( I did too when he was a Colt), I don't think you can deny that the Patriots handed the Jaguars the single-biggest loss in the team's history (tied with Tenn). Had it not been for NE, we'd have been in the Super Bowl in 96. 

As far as 99, I'm not sure what you're referring to. The tacks beat Rob Johnson's Bills in 99, which led to them facing us in the AFCC game. 

Quote:Good, I am not the only one...

Didn't it seem as if Peyton's mic was turned up a lot louder than normal too?? I guess the networks think that we actually want to hear that crap. 

What happened to liking excellence? 

Quote:^^this^^

Pats knocked us out of just about every playoff run we've had...they can pound sand before I would ever root for them!
Yep and I'll NEVER forget it! I think about it almost every time I see them, think about them, or someone mentions them. GO BRONCOS!

Quote:Yep and I'll NEVER forget it! I think about it almost every time I see them, think about them, or someone mentions them. GO BRONCOS!

Satan himself could field a team against the pats and I'd be first in line for my Go Devils T-shirt!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Satan himself could field a team against the pats and I'd be first in line for my Go Devils T-shirt!!!

.... Satan has a team .... his fans say Roll Tide.

Quote:.... Satan has a team .... his fans say Roll Tide.

OMG!!! That's so funny you say that! My son and I call Saban "satan"!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???