Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Another game, another season, and yet another Brady/Manning Super Bowl

Since the year 2000 Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, and Peyton Manning have competed in the big game 11 times now. Only 2 other QB's have represented the AFC since then. Rich Gannon and Joe Flacco.

Oh well. Brady hasn't won a SB since the last one Superbowl 39 (Which ironically was right here in Jacksonville.) And Manning supporters continue to hold on to the memories of Manning defeating a Bears team led by a sub-par QB in Rex Grossman in Super Bowl 41.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wow if I was a Colts fan I would regret dumping one of the greatest ever. Another AFC Championship game!

I don't think the Colts have major regrets yet.  If Manning were to win the SB then play a few more years, there could be some regrets.  Especially knowing the trade value the Luck pick had.   The Colts could have stocked up on their defense acquiring picks in exchange for he #1 selection.

The subject title is wrong. It looks like the OP got the AFC Championship Game and Super Bowl mixed up.

Also, "the last one" means the Super Bowl 46 or 47, not 39, and there is nothing ironic about his third Super Bowl win coming in Jacksonville.

This thread is an epic fail.

Quote:The subject title is wrong. It looks like the OP got the AFC Championship Game and Super Bowl mixed up.

Also, "the last one" means the Super Bowl 46 or 47, not 39, and there is nothing ironic about his third Super Bowl win coming in Jacksonville.

At first I thought this too but the title is indeed correct.

He meant that there will be another Super Bowl containing Brady or Manning.

It could have been worded better though.

The Colts did the right thing, IMO. IIRC, Manning was due a $28 mill bonus on March 8 of the year after he was out with the neck injury. They did not want to pick that up, given the circumstances and released him a couple of days before it was due.

I think it was too big a risk to take, Denver then signed to a $100 mill contract over 4-5 years. They took the risk, albeit a little lower $$ amount.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Quote:I don't think the Colts have major regrets yet.  If Manning were to win the SB then play a few more years, there could be some regrets.  Especially knowing the trade value the Luck pick had.   The Colts could have stocked up on their defense acquiring picks in exchange for he #1 selection.
I guarantee you they have no regrets what so ever. Even if you keep Manning you draft Luck everytime. It's not very often you get to make the playoffs while rebuilding because you have a young QB that can carry your team. Believe it or not the Colts are in the middle of a huge multi year rebuild.

<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#ffcc00></FONT>[url=http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r74/Ratix240sx/?action=view&current=untitled5.jpg][/url]

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2014, 03:10 AM by Swaguars.)

Imagine if Luck retires before Peyton due to injury or something

How mad would clots be lol

Quote:The subject title is wrong. It looks like the OP got the AFC Championship Game and Super Bowl mixed up.

No the title is right, either Manning or Brady will be in the Super Bowl.

Quote:No the title is right, either Manning or Brady will be in the Super Bowl.

"Manning/Brady Super Bowl" means Manning against Brady in the Super Bowl, not either/or.

Quote:"Manning/Brady Super Bowl" means Manning against Brady in the Super Bowl, not either/or.

Wrong. A slash means either/or, which is what the title thread is saying...

Quote:"Manning/Brady Super Bowl" means Manning against Brady in the Super Bowl, not either/or.

I love that you used a slash in your "either/or" term in your defense that a slash does not mean either/or.

Love

It

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!