Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Will Blackmon

I believe he is set to become a FA in March. He is a guy that would be great to keep around. Do the Jags pull the trigger on a new contract with Blackmon? I doubt they would tag him, so either he gets extended here or hits the market.

Thoughts?

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nobody on this team is worth tagging

I personally would probably resign him, but not sure if the team does. He's a good player but doesn't fit the youth movement.

He's a free agent come March 11.  I would like to see the Jags sign him to something a bit above the vet minimum for 2 years.  Maybe 1.2 mil per year or something like that.  Then minimum for him would be around $850K I think and he'll probably have a couple of other offers.

He's solid depth at the position as they develop younger guys in the secondary over the next couple of seasons.  (his KR ability and experience in the slot also help bump his value a bit as a utility guy) 

He could be seen as expendable with a decent slot guy in M Harris, an intriguing late rounder in McCray and the returning-from-injury J. Harris already in place and younger. 

Worth bringing back another year. Nice veteran presence.

You have to try, he's very much worth keeping... but not worth a tag.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Serviceable corner and can return punts if need be. Sign him for a two year deal worth up to 3 million.

Yeah a 1-2 year deal would be OK, but it will depend on how the other corners look.  If there's a guy thats 5 years younger doing a very similar job, Blackmon will be cut.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

i would like to see him get a low 1 year deal to get him into training camp but i don't know if he will be retained

i see it as him, harris and mccray all fighting for one roster spot

considering his age and that he didn't really put pressure on gratz or ball for their spots. I see him as part of the upper tier of the roster that can be upgraded.

I understand if it doesn't happen but i would like to see us draft a cornor in the 2014 draft

for me my ideal situation would be for us to trade down in the first and get an extra second allowing us the extra pick to grab bradley roby in the second(i am ridiculous high on his kid with his length and speed) and if bradley can make him get it together and develop him I believe he has all the physical tools to be a shut down cornor in the nfl. I think him and gratz could be a very good 1 and 2 backfield

if we get him then it's a competition between ball gratz and roby for the 3 main spots with roby starting in the nickel and eventually taking over the number one spot

you then get blackmon harris mccray jamell fleming and j harris competing for the back up spots not to mention anyone we might bring in to compete udfa etc

i think m harris and blackmon will both go, harris got schooled by ty hilton and didn't really make an impact and i think blackmon's age means that if any of the young cornors make an impact he will be considered expendable

Tag Will Blackmon...?

I don't think he is worth tagging but I think he should be retained. The price has to be right though.

I also thought he was our bet corner this season so that factors into my decision to keep him around.